Madonna's Halftime Show

No kidding.

A 52 year-old dressed up like a cheerleader in front of 100 million people. :rolleyes:

imagesCAF3VL36.jpg

She brought it. Can't believe she can still put on a show like that after 30 years or so of doing it. She didn't embarrass herself at all.

The only thing Madonna brought was heavier thighs, thickening hips, and spasmodic dance moves that she was unable to hide behing those gold pom-poms.
Whomever in the NFL was in charge of hiring her needs to hear the words, "You're fired!".

I was depressed when I found out some of the people I was enjoying the game with were 7 when "like a prayer" came out.

The only thing Madonna brought was heavier thighs, thickening hips, and spasmodic dance moves that she was unable to hide behing those gold pom-poms.
Whomever in the NFL was in charge of hiring her needs to hear the words, "You're fired!".

We should hope we could do as well in our fifties, don't you think? Madonna has nothing to be ashamed of. She is still one of the few musical performers on the planet I'd pay to go see.

Still, I wish to hell that all of the major sports (except basketball--I'll explain) would do away with their all star games.

I additionally wish that this push toward the half-time shows being a spectacle on a par with the game itself would go away as well. If the NFL wanted to score some major brownie points, in my view, they should get an all-star team of these marching bands from the HBCU schools in the South and let them totally strut their stuff at half time. Alcorn or Jackson State come to mind. If you haven't seen this "battle of the bands" they do every year, you're missing something. They won't embarrass themselves or the NFL, it would give them some much deserved notoriety, increase funding for their universities by giving them that exposure, and just be flat out a damn nice thing to do for something other than commerce or self aggrandizement. It wouldn't cost the NFL a cent to put on a halftime show.

As for the all-star games, the players don't want to be there, the crowds are practically there just for the uniqueness of the event, and the entire thing is corporate. Basketball is a bit different. The entire regular season is a joke to the players so having basically what amounts to a mid-season roast is appropriate.

Forum List

Back