Madonna's Brother Is Homeless

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
While Madonna kicks back in her newly renovated $32 million NYC townhouse and her homes in Los Angeles and London, her second eldest brother is living under a bridge and on the streets of Michigan.

PHOTOS: How Madonna's face has changed over the years

Anthony Ciccone, 55, has opened to local news site The Michigan Messenger in an interview that addresses the influx of homeless flocking to Traverse City because of its generous meal program and shelter program.

PHOTOS: Stars who care

"My family turned their back on me, basically, when I was having a hard time," said Ciccone, who grew up in Rochester Hills, Mich. along with his six siblings including his multiplatinum music artist sister, 53. "You think I haven't answered this kind of question a bazillion times -- why my sister is a multibazillionaire, and I'm homeless on the street? Never say never. This could happen to anybody."

read more http://omg.yahoo.com/news/madonnas-brother-55-homeless-193513552.html

Michigan. Not surprised. It was getting pretty desolate, when I left in 2003. It's a shame. It's an awesome place. Hopefully it will bounce back.

I wonder if this is the brother that went to see her in her movie, back in '91. I can't remember the name of it.

While Madonna kicks back in her newly renovated $32 million NYC townhouse and her homes in Los Angeles and London, her second eldest brother is living under a bridge and on the streets of Michigan.

Anthony Ciccone, 55, has opened to local news site The Michigan Messenger in an interview that addresses the influx of homeless flocking to Traverse City because of its generous meal program and shelter program.

"My family turned their back on me, basically, when I was having a hard time," said Ciccone, who grew up in Rochester Hills, Mich. along with his six siblings including his multiplatinum music artist sister, 53. "You think I haven't answered this kind of question a bazillion times -- why my sister is a multibazillionaire, and I'm homeless on the street? Never say never. This could happen to anybody."

read more Madonna's Brother Is Homeless - Yahoo! OMG!
I believe they are estranged.

“The word getting out about Traverse City attracts a lot of people … [from] Ypsilanti, Detroit, Grand Rapids, where they are getting hit real hard and there’s only two type of people on the street, the predators and the victims.”

“They’re coming up here,” Tomey said, “and we are trying to do the best we can.”

Ciccone said he’s been among the city’s homeless for a year and a half since losing a job at his father’s vineyard and winery in Suttons Bay. He said that it annoys him that some people are amused that a person from such a high profile family would end up sleeping, as he does, under the Union St. bridge.

“My family turned their back on me, basically, when I was having a hard time,” he said. “You think I haven’t answered this kind of question a bazillion times — why my sister is a multibazillionarie, and I’m homeless on the street?”

“Never say never,” he said. “This could happen to anybody.”

“I don’t have any income, I’ve got to go collect bottles and cans, do odd jobs.”

My family tree is a shattered mess, but if I had her kind of money, no member of my family would be out on the streets.

Holloywood liberals... what can i say. They talk the talk....

I believe they are estranged.

Even so. And even if it's due to drug use. That exact same issue is in place in my family. If it were my sister, and I had the money, I'd set her up in an apartment, and have groceries delivered. There'd be no money for her, for obvious reasons. The home would have all the amenities, unless and until she sold stuff to get shit. Then she'd do without.

Michigan. Not surprised. It was getting pretty desolate, when I left in 2003. It's a shame. It's an awesome place. Hopefully it will bounce back.

I wonder if this is the brother that went to see her in her movie, back in '91. I can't remember the name of it.

Desperately Seeking Susan?

Forum List

Back