Madhoff gets his 150 years

The crime of the century.. His family will be hurting financially. They can't even get jobs at this point, nobody trusts them.

Yeah, his family, well, were they 100% clueless to what he was doing?

Now...what about all the other families he ripped off? Will they be compensated in any way?
Heck no.

Actually, I think it was one of his sons that turned him in though. But it looks like window dressing to me, as he got turned in just as the whole house of cards began to crumble.

And given the nature of what he did, there were no little people to be involved. He was mostly doing this to rich folks and sleazy charities. Planned parenthood, for example, had to shut down a large number of offices because the were hevily invested in Madhoff, as were several prominent government officials. Which is probably why the sentence was so stiff. He ripped off mostly rich, connected Democrats.

What??? Am I looking at this out of context, or are you saying that it's Ok to rip off the rich....as if it was only the rich? All classes of people lost money to this goon. This is a global thing, not just an American thing. Nobody at any level deserves to be ripped off. I hope you retract what you posted. Maybe you could save some of your integrity.

The crime of the century.. His family will be hurting financially. They can't even get jobs at this point, nobody trusts them.

Yeah, his family, well, were they 100% clueless to what he was doing?

Now...what about all the other families he ripped off? Will they be compensated in any way?
Heck no.

Actually, I think it was one of his sons that turned him in though. But it looks like window dressing to me, as he got turned in just as the whole house of cards began to crumble.

And given the nature of what he did, there were no little people to be involved. He was mostly doing this to rich folks and sleazy charities. Planned parenthood, for example, had to shut down a large number of offices because the were hevily invested in Madhoff, as were several prominent government officials. Which is probably why the sentence was so stiff. He ripped off mostly rich, connected Democrats.

Yes there were 'little people' involved. And why is it bad to rip off 'little people' but not 'rich' people? Link to the sleazy charities?

Forum List

Back