Made Me Cry

Sorry Madeline, I generally don't watch sad things, Lifetime Channel, chick flicks or reality TV. I'll go out of my way to see a cartoon movie with minions, talking animals or insects.

Random thoughts. Have you ever read Peter Singer? Have you hugged a cow lately or eaten one? Interesting that some life has morphed into friends and companions, and other life is just food or target practice or science. I'm not sure I could be a vegetarian, but if life is precious why not all. If an animal is injured the community is up in arms but children are abused and contributions to shelters are too much of a burden for taxpayers. Malraux once said people who love animals too much haven't lowered their pride enough to love humans. I think that is why a Aunt formed a strange image in our minds, she loved her dogs and parakeets, it was us dirty children she wanted gone. I don't eat veal, I once saw pictures of how they are starved to keep the meat lean. But I know animal lovers who do. Youtube the throat cutting of cattle and you wonder at their last thoughts. Some say they love animals, they love to eat and wear them.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Liberation-Definitive-Classic-Movement/dp/0061711306/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Animal Liberation: The Definitive Classic of the Animal Movement (P.S.) (9780061711305): Peter Singer: Books[/ame]

I don't want to watch this VD, either.

I just don't need any more reasons to be outraged by dogfighting.

Were it up to me I'd lock up people who fight their dogs AND the spectators, too.

People who get off on that sort of thing are too sick to allow to be walking around.

Almost no sociopathic killer we can name didn't ALSO enjoy torturing animals, folks.

That ought to tell us something about these people who do this or enjoy it being done.

It informs us we really ought not dismiss this sport or it's afficionados as harmless.

Forum List

Back