May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
3266224091_53164ea039_o.jpg

3267051482_5b3d9ed9d9_o.jpg

3266224323_c5b52b7571_o.jpg

3267051606_e05755161c_o.jpg

3267051654_2441de9f15_o.jpg

3267051706_5ae56e25b4_o.jpg

Very sad. I have seen the same with many animals on the roads. Often that is why you see more than one hit by cars.

Our son picked up two baby racoons off the freeway some years back. He had to turn around and go back when he saw two little guys along the side standing there waiting for mom who had ben hit by a car.

They fed them for weeks in the house and then turned them out into the backyard. One hung around for years eating out of the cat food bowl.

Very sad. I have seen the same with many animals on the roads. Often that is why you see more than one hit by cars.

Our son picked up two baby racoons off the freeway some years back. He had to turn around and go back when he saw two little guys along the side standing there waiting for mom who had ben hit by a car.

They fed them for weeks in the house and then turned them out into the backyard. One hung around for years eating out of the cat food bowl.

And that's why I'll go out of my way to avoid hitting a critter. In the truck or on the bike. I'll lock the brakes right up. I see too many poor animals killed in the road, and I can't help but think there's people that hit them intentionally. I'd like to kick their ass.

Great story about your son and the raccoons. Compassion is a virtue.

Last edited:
Holy batman! Now I'm crying!

I have a soft heart for animals of all sorts. I'll give my critters an extra hug tonight. Jeez!

Holy batman! Now I'm crying!

I have a soft heart for animals of all sorts. I'll give my critters an extra hug tonight. Jeez!

I hear ya. My niece sent me that piece in an email. I debated on whether or not to post it since it is so sad. But I think it may do some people some good. Next time you see a critter in the road, MAKE AN EFFORT TO MISS THEM!

And that's why I'll go out of my way to avoid hitting a critter. In the truck or on the bike. I'll lock the brakes right up. I see too many poor animals killed in the road, and I can't help but think there's people that hit them intentionally. I'd like to kick their ass.

Great story about your son and the raccoons. Compassion is a virtue.

Ive seen a$$holes on back roads swerve almost to the other side of the road to hit turtles.... idiots...

I do everything I can to avoid stuff on the road as well..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLcG2FrVWVg]YouTube - Leann Rimes - Broken Wing[/ame]

This song goes with this post.

Note from the song writer on youtube...
Thanks Nicole..I wrote this song from a true experience. I was leaving my home in Nashville for the airport and saw this robin under a tree in the middle of winter..it seemed odd. On the flight to Phoenix I wrote the song...if you happen to see LeAnns Christmas movie Holiday In Your Heart its in the movie as well...I'm very thankful to LeAnn and her dad Wilbur..this song paid for my kids college..:)..Merry Christmas to all, Dave Nowlen

Forum List

Back