"Made in Pakistan"?? WTF?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Just bought a set of Tommy Hilfiger towels. Hey, they were on sale. Saw the tag: Made in Pakistan. Yes, fucking Pakistan.

A private sector company, the types we are being told are so ultra-American, and so holy and worthy and doing all this job creating.........and we're sending money to the fucking country that hid Bin Laden from us?

Fuck 'em. Hope Obama taxes those MF'ers out of business.

We have almost no textile and clothing companies left in this country, we gave the world the shirts off our backs, literally.

Im sick of all these business folks standing on their soap boxes preaching about shit, when they are so soulless that they'd rather have their shit made in fucking PAKISTAN and send money to the government that harbored Bin Laden.......than pay a bit more to an American worker to do the same job.

Greedy motherfuckers.

Just bought a set of Tommy Hilfiger towels. Hey, they were on sale. Saw the tag: Made in Pakistan. Yes, fucking Pakistan.

A private sector company, the types we are being told are so ultra-American, and so holy and worthy and doing all this job creating.........and we're sending money to the fucking country that hid Bin Laden from us?

Fuck 'em. Hope Obama taxes those MF'ers out of business.

Buy their stuff or your dear leader will make it up with your tax money, I figure I may as well get something out of it.

Im sick of all these business folks standing on their soap boxes preaching about shit, when they are so soulless that they'd rather have their shit made in fucking PAKISTAN and send money to the government that harbored Bin Laden.......than pay a bit more to an American worker to do the same job.

Greedy motherfuckers.

They would outsource their stuff to Satan if it helps the bottom line. I buy as much as I can second hand, not because I can't afford new but because the money stays here in America. Most of my stuff came from Ebay, yard sales and thrift stores.

Cool......................we're literally giving the shirts off our backs (textiles) to support Pakistan and give them money so that they can make enough for more nukes.

Ain't democracy grand?

I'm still wondering why Donald The Chump was so proud of the clothing line he talked about on Letterman that was all made in China........................

I guess selling out the American people is okay if you can make a profit from it and bring lower prices to the masses.

I mean it really makes you wonder what gets talked about in those board rooms full of pricks who'd sell their mother's dignity for a dime.

I mean...China is bad enough. But PAKISTAN??? We're literally sending money to them, the same government who hid Bin Laden from us.

Greedy businessmen put profits ahead of EVERYTHING. And to think TOmmy Hilfiger stores and clothing in teh US sport the American flag. Disgusting.

I just bought socks made in America.

I looked for them online.

Paid a little more, but I found that they are better socks.

Well hell, we've been buying oil from all those MF'ers over there anyway. We buy our electronics and toys from the Communists in China. Our clothes from Pakistan. Our oil from the Muslim world.

For being so damn patriotic...the business sector sure the fuck doesn't believe in "Made in America" do they?

Im gonna have to start doing the same. I must admit, this isn't something I've paid much attention to until lately. I finally bought a new truck this year, and got a GMC because I wanted American made.

And I've pretty much accepted some things, like DVD's and a lot of other shit are gonna be made in China. Whatever.

But when I saw the tag on a Tommy Hilfiger towel said "MADE IN PAKISTAN" I couldnt do it anymore. We send our SEALS over there, risking their deaths, because that government was hiding Bin Laden. And to think the Hilfiger company is paying taxes to THAT government, to make a product and then sell it to American citizens.

Fuck it.

TOMMY HILFIGER.....Made in Pakistan. Never again will I buy that brand, hope they go bankrupt.

Everyone else feel free to list other companies that have shameful practices like this.

Well hell, we've been buying oil from all those MF'ers over there anyway. We buy our electronics and toys from the Communists in China. Our clothes from Pakistan. Our oil from the Muslim world.

For being so damn patriotic...the business sector sure the fuck doesn't believe in "Made in America" do they?

No one will sell their country out faster than a company looking to keep the stock price up because no one cares less about where their money comes from or how it's made than a stockholder.

Im gonna have to start doing the same. I must admit, this isn't something I've paid much attention to until lately. I finally bought a new truck this year, and got a GMC because I wanted American made.

And I've pretty much accepted some things, like DVD's and a lot of other shit are gonna be made in China. Whatever.

But when I saw the tag on a Tommy Hilfiger towel said "MADE IN PAKISTAN" I couldnt do it anymore. We send our SEALS over there, risking their deaths, because that government was hiding Bin Laden. And to think the Hilfiger company is paying taxes to THAT government, to make a product and then sell it to American citizens.

Fuck it.

TOMMY HILFIGER.....Made in Pakistan. Never again will I buy that brand, hope they go bankrupt.

Everyone else feel free to list other companies that have shameful practices like this.

Here's the link. Just look for the Made in USA......

Discount Socks for Men and Women | Socks4Life

Greedy motherfuckers.

It is very easy to bitch and moan about all these jobs being sent overseas, but the fact is that we as consumers purchase all these goods. Given a choice of spending $15.99 on a pair of jeans made in some far off country versus paying $39.99 for a pair made in the US, most people choose the pair for $15.99.

How we change that mentality, I don't know.

Greedy motherfuckers.

It is very easy to bitch and moan about all these jobs being sent overseas, but the fact is that we as consumers purchase all these goods. Given a choice of spending $15.99 on a pair of jeans made in some far off country versus paying $39.99 for a pair made in the US, most people choose the pair for $15.99.

Clothing Made in USA by All American Clothing Co

Nothing on there seems that expensive to me?

We have almost no textile and clothing companies left in this country, we gave the world the shirts off our backs, literally.

Do you want Americans working for $2.00/hr or do you want $200.00 shirts? Pick one.

The future of American economic growth is not in unskilled physical labor. We need to EDUCATE our young people for the jobs of the next 100 years, not cut the nose off our face for the sake of the jobs of the last 100 years.

Ironically, Some KIAs are made in America. Mine is.
Down the road in Tennessee, Volkswagen Jettas are made.
Also I remember reading somewhere that the Ford F-150 is still made in America.

Greedy motherfuckers.

Clothing Made in USA by All American Clothing Co

Nothing on there seems that expensive to me?

$48.99 is not cheap for a pair of jeans. I'm not saying they may not be worth $48.99, but an awful lot of people buy their jeans at Target or Walmart, or some similar discount store where they can get cheaper jeans for $15.99. That's three pair of jeans for the price of one of those $48.99 pair. This is the problem we are dealing with.

I finally bought a new truck this year, and got a GMC because I wanted American made.

Did you read the window sticker? The last Chevy truck I owned (a 2008 Silverado) was built in Guadalajara, Mexico. I did not notice that until I got it home or I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. Now, I drive a Detroit-built Ford.

Greedy motherfuckers.

It's not all that hard to find American made products and they're not always higher priced. That's a falsehood. If you'll just take the time to look, you can still find just about anything you want made here. For instance, I bought an American made frying pan at Walmart. It was hanging right beside the ones made in China and was $2 less.

But, just scouting out and buying stuff made here isn't enough. You've got to take the next step and let the manufacturer's know WHY you did not buy their product. And, you've got to let the retailer know too. Tell them you didn't buy their product because it was made overseas often enough and they'll get the message. With the internet, it's easy to find their website, click on "contact us" and tell them. But, also take the time to congratulate manufacturer's and retailers who sell products made here. Let them know it's appreciated and will be supported by your purchases.

Forum List

Back