MADE in AMERICA

Excellent story, Pale. I saw one of those stories on ABC.

I would like to see a standardized label on everything that is made in America like this one:

Made-In-America-Logo.jpg

It would certainly make shopping for American made products A LOT easier.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
And that's how American business will drive us out of this mess. Not the government, they just need to get out of the way.

Buy American, save America. Not rocket science.

And that's how American business will drive us out of this mess. Not the government, they just need to get out of the way.

You are correct. People should take a tiny fraction of their time and make a small effort to try and buy American made products. Just a small amount of people doing so would make an immense difference in our economy.

I do.

I hate going into Walmart near the 4th of July, and I want to buy a small American flag for my kids to bring to the parade...and the flags are made in China.

I hate going into Walmart near the 4th of July, and I want to buy a small American flag for my kids to bring to the parade...and the flags are made in China.

I could be wrong, but I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that we've sold out much of our jobs and industry to China. Our government played a big role in that and could help considerably to turn that around. But ultimately, it will be the people that finally start to look at the "made in" label on something and refuse to buy it if it says "made in China." I'll go out of my way to find what I want "made in America," and price usually doesn't matter. I bought a snow blower this year, an Ariens, made right here in Wisconsin. Sure it was more than the made in China garbage sold at walmart or where ever, but I bought not only made in America, I bought local as well to help with my local economy. We need to all do that.

Last edited:

You are correct. People should take a tiny fraction of their time and make a small effort to try and buy American made products. Just a small amount of people doing so would make an immense difference in our economy.

I do.

I agree, we do it all the time :)

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have a shop on a site for Handmade Crafts.....I crochet....and this past November I opened my shop....

I make all my things out of Cotton, and I only buy USA COTTON....just recently Canada bought the USA yarn company out.... this is the 2nd time in 30 years that they bought this company out....but the USA company came back after the buy out and opened another USA cotton yarn company....

I am just hoping that this company that was bought out will start another one again....but so far, no signs of it.

I advertise that each product is handmade in Maine, USA and that I use 100% USA cotton and I only sell to USA customers, not international...mainly due to the complicated shipping on them though....

anyway, when the USA cotton company was going out of business, I bought all the yarn that i could afford to buy from them so that I can continue to say, hand made in the USA with USA grown cotton....

On some of the yarn that the Canadian company is now selling does say the cotton is GROWN in the USA, but it does not say that it is manufactured in the usa...

I just don't know what I am going to do if I can not find more USA cotton yarn.... :(

I have a shop on a site for Handmade Crafts.....I crochet....and this past November I opened my shop....

I make all my things out of Cotton, and I only buy USA COTTON....just recently Canada bought the USA yarn company out.... this is the 2nd time in 30 years that they bought this company out....but the USA company came back after the buy out and opened another USA cotton yarn company....

I am just hoping that this company that was bought out will start another one again....but so far, no signs of it.

I advertise that each product is handmade in Maine, USA and that I use 100% USA cotton and I only sell to USA customers, not international...mainly due to the complicated shipping on them though....

anyway, when the USA cotton company was going out of business, I bought all the yarn that i could afford to buy from them so that I can continue to say, hand made in the USA with USA grown cotton....

On some of the yarn that the Canadian company is now selling does say the cotton is GROWN in the USA, but it does not say that it is manufactured in the usa...

I just don't know what I am going to do if I can not find more USA cotton yarn.... :(

It is hard to purchase American when the bottom line is reached because we pay even our illegals so much more than in those other arenas. Much of the world's yarn is now produced/manufactured in India, Turkey, Pakistan, etc.

America needs to revamp productions on many fronts.

I do.

Yup, at one time I had a Honda that was made in America and a Ford that was made in Canada......... :eusa_whistle:

:)

:huddle:

http://sumi-soft.com/yarn/

http://www.chamomileconnection.com/organiccottonyarns.htm

Brown Sheep Company, Inc. - BrownSheep.com

Last edited:

Just claim that Canada is a US Territory.............

John Ratzenberger (Cliff from "Cheers") used to have a show on cable called "Made in America" where he'd travel around the country visiting companies that made stuff here.

I don't think it's on anymore. I guess they ran out of companies to visit.

We need to stop giving tax breaks to people who make their products elsewhere.
And I hardly ever go to Walmart, I for one can't stand going in the place. I went there the other day, A mostly unavoidable trip and I saw a lady shopping with her butt crack hanging out. I also always manage to get hit with a shopping cart. I am not one to stand in the middle of an aisle and just lolleygag.

Forum List

Back