Made in America: Toyota Camry

• Banned
But the recall notice means your new Turdota is needing to be repaired...

So are your saying American Made stuff is crap and we should buy only foreign?
You are really serious that you think Toyota is a US company?
Ah so....

It seem you missed that part in my OP where I acknowledge Toyota is a Japanese owned company, but it still does not change the fact the Camry is American made along with another Toyota auto and one by Honda.

So again we shouldn't buy American made right?

But the recall notice means your new Turdota is needing to be repaired...

So are your saying American Made stuff is crap and we should buy only foreign?
You are really serious that you think Toyota is a US company?
Ah so....

It seem you missed that part in my OP where I acknowledge Toyota is a Japanese owned company, but it still does not change the fact the Camry is American made along with another Toyota auto and one by Honda.

So again we shouldn't buy American made right?
They are assembled here, but the components are not made here......

The "domestic content" calculations are based on sourcing of components in the U.S. Everything from the steel sheet, to tires, to electronic components, seats, and engines is broken out according to whether they are sourced in the U.S. or elsewhere. As a practical matter, even the profit of the "foreign" makers in the U.S. generally stays here. It is reported on the books back home, but the actual funds are rarely sent back.

If you, as a consumer, want to maximize your purchasing of U.S. domestic-made goods, these percentages are a fairly reliable guideline to follow. Also, the dealerships and domestic infrastructure take a significant percentage of the purchase price, and that is U.S. "content."

Even the design of most "transplant" cars is done in the U.S., as the manufacturers realize that cars designed in Japan and Korea often lack the styling cues that attract American buyers.

Parenthetically, I have worked for U.S. domestic subsidiaries of foreign companies for most of my working life. My one overt attempt to do otherwise was thwarted when the United States Filter Company was, shortly after they hired me, purchased by Vivendi of France.

Plenty of things are imported...offhand, I doubt ANY sensors are made here anymore.

I've only owned one car recent enough to have a "domestic content" label...my 2007 Magnum, which I recall was about 70-72%. (Mine was one of the last to have the German-built transmission, before the Indiana plant had fully changed over.) My Dak is probably higher US-content than that, but even it has an alternator (Denso) & starter from Japan. The OE stereo was from Taiwan.

Forum List

Back