Maddux announces retirement after 23-year career

And of all sports teams anywhere in the world, the Yanks are the one team that should never build a new stadium. I can't believe you're all not up in arms over Yankee Stadium being demolished. That's like demolishing the White House. All of your voices could make a difference, but apparently most of you don't care enough?

Reading comprehension?

Where did I defend they pay their players so much...

The arguement was do they make a profit.

I think these contracts are ludicrous...I mean it would be nice though if you had a clue tho because the Yanks did shed 90 million dollars in payroll this year so thats why they are able to make these big offers...

Also, the payroll was so high because they were paying people who didn't even play anymore..

They were still paying Pavano's contract this whole time, They were still paying for Keving fucking brown still up until this year as well as Wright.

Say what you want tho your hatred of the Yanks makes me nothing but smile...I have seen my team in the playoffs every year for the past 12 years with the exception of of 08...4 world series rings.

Even though it is disgusting how much money these guys make...CC is not worth 24 mill a year...they will prob sigh Burnett now with a 5 year 80 mill contract.

CC, Wang, Joba, Burnett is prob the best 4 man rotation in baseball.

:eusa_eh:
And of all sports teams anywhere in the world, the Yanks are the one team that should never build a new stadium. I can't believe you're all not up in arms over Yankee Stadium being demolished. That's like demolishing the White House. All of your voices could make a difference, but apparently most of you don't care enough?

Once again...reading comprehension?

Where did i say once I liked the new stadium.

I think they should have just renovated the fuck out of the original stadium to make it state of the art....however greed is greed,...they wante dmor corporate boxes etc...

People did speak out against the new stadium...however in the end it's their decision to do it....George owns the team not us he can do whatever he wants...As much as I love the old stadium the new stadium will be beautiful... However they are doing good by making the ground the original stadium is into a park with the homeplate staying where it is for kids to play there. It will be nice to take my son to that park and let him walk around on the same ground the legends did

I love the original stadium...its a cathedral...some of the best moments in sports happened there.

I used to go to 20-30 games a year.

Was there for game 1 in 96 when pettite got shelled against the braves with Andrew Jones hitting 2 bombs in the bleachers I was sitting in...I was also there for game 6 when Jimmy Key shut the door on the Braves...

Its a shame they are going to demloish it...a lot of good memories in that place.

Not a better moment for me ever then when the yanks came back and won back to back games after the 9/11 attacks with Brosius and Tino hitting homeruns in the bottom of the 9th to win it. I was at game 4 when Tino hit it...It was amazing

Last edited:
I wasn't targetting you, dude. But you did seem pretty excited about all the players Steinbrenner's buying this year. When I said that about the stadium it wasn't towards you, just all yankees fans in general. What is the sentiment like in NY? Are most yankee fans devastated by it? When Veterans Stadium was demolished in 04, I lost a piece of history. I had a lot of memories there. But the Vet doesn't even compare to Yankee Stadium. I hate the Yankees, but the thought of the stadium being demolished is depressing.

I wasn't targetting you, dude. But you did seem pretty excited about all the players Steinbrenner's buying this year. When I said that about the stadium it wasn't towards you, just all yankees fans in general. What is the sentiment like in NY? Are most yankee fans devastated by it? When Veterans Stadium was demolished in 04, I lost a piece of history. I had a lot of memories there. But the Vet doesn't even compare to Yankee Stadium. I hate the Yankees, but the thought of the stadium being demolished is depressing.

Of course I am excited...I am a die hard fan...Live and breathe baseball.

Football season is just something to get me by till pitchers and catchers report :lol:

I live in Miami now (thank god for baseball packagae) but I am sure it will be a weird feeling for true fans to be walking into different doors. It's nice they made it out to look like the original stadium, but the original is a shrine to me...hallowed ground

How is that Krod and Putz acquistion for the mets treatin ya as a Phils fan...The mets are now pretty dangerous now that they have a competant closer..2 of them

Of course I am excited...I am a die hard fan...Live and breathe baseball.

Football season is just something to get me by till pitchers and catchers report :lol:

I live in Miami now (thank god for baseball packagae) but I am sure it will be a weird feeling for true fans to be walking into different doors. It's nice they made it out to look like the original stadium, but the original is a shrine to me...hallowed ground

How is that Krod and Putz acquistion for the mets treatin ya as a Phils fan...The mets are now pretty dangerous now that they have a competant closer..2 of them

They needed a lot more than just a closer. They've lost a lot, too. They lost Heilman who was arguably their best reliever.

I'm feeling just FIIIIIINE right now, dude. I know what my team is capable of now. The only big loss we might see is Burrell leaving, and that's not that big a loss. He's worn out his welcome. Let him go to the AL where he can focus all his energy on the only tool he has.

I agree with you on football bridging the gap to pitchers and catchers. 2 more months!

I agree...one thing about the mets is I think their starting pitching blows other then Santana

Perez is overated and they just lost Heilman. Pedro is laughable

God can baseball season start already

I agree...one thing about the mets is I think their starting pitching blows other then Santana

Perez is overated and they just lost Heilman. Pedro is laughable

God can baseball season start already

Oli may be better than his numbers indicate. He always shut us down. I'd take him over Moyer right now, straight up.

Far as Maine and Pedro, yeah that's pretty weak. Unless they do something more with that rotation, I'll enjoy watching them finish 3rd at best.

Forum List

Back