Maddow: Without unions 'Democrats do not have a way to compete'

So it's not about saving money then? We're advocating the destruction of unions and what they stand for for short term political gain?

I take it you're a checkers kinda guy

I hope Clooney does use his money, it's about time those rich hollywood liberals pay for something!

Is it me or was it funny that Oprah Winfrey's car giveaway blew up in her face because of......wait for it........taxes. I thought she loved taxes, but it killed her little giveaway, poetic justice if you ask me

Rachael Maddow comment form the OP link...

“Unions are not democratic organizations, but unions’ work is beneficial to the Democratic Party. They are the only institution of any size on the liberal side of the equation. Corporate America, all of corporate America, is on the Republican side."

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets
University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

“Unions are not democratic organizations, but unions’ work is beneficial to the Democratic Party. They are the only institution of any size on the liberal side of the equation. Corporate America, all of corporate America, is on the Republican side."

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

:lol:

You just can't write better comedy!

Taking the teeth out of unions is good for America... Like any lobby group too much power is not a good thing.

Now maybe democrats will get back to being friendly to capitalistic business interests that help all American's- allowing government its real role of effective regulating and protecting American's.

Unions are a good thing. When people of their own free will, opt to join a union, pay dues and accept that management is going to align with one political party (Democrats), who can argue with that?

However, when you are forced to join a union, especially a public employee union (government), and have the government take a portion of your wages to give to the union who gives to The Democrat Party, that's a problem on two core fronts:

1) Employees have no say and/or choice
2) Ultimately, taxpayers are being forced to contribute to Unions and The Democrat Party in the case(s) where employee union membership is mandatory.

Between ACORN-derived organizations and Public Service Unions, Democrats get to tap into all US Taxpayers for money. The American People are getting wise to this and don't like it. SEE Wisconsin June 2012

Unions are a good thing. When people of their own free will, opt to join a union, pay dues and accept that management is going to align with one political party (Democrats), who can argue with that?

However, when you are forced to join a union, especially a public employee union (government), and have the government take a portion of your wages to give to the union who gives to The Democrat Party, that's a problem on two core fronts:

1) Employees have no say and/or choice
2) Ultimately, taxpayers are being forced to contribute to Unions and The Democrat Party in the case(s) where employee union membership is mandatory.

Between ACORN-derived organizations and Public Service Unions, Democrats get to tap into all US Taxpayers for money. The American People are getting wise to this and don't like it. SEE Wisconsin June 2012

yeah, where is boop. I'm pro choice on unions. if you want to join, fine, but you should never be forced to. I remember trying to get a job at Kroger in high school and they said I had to join a union. I was like F that, I'm not gonna fork over my money to some fat ass liberal for nothing.

Democrats have two strategies.

Get more of the dead voters out.

Move to red states and convert them to blue.

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

Are these figures for individual contributions or from company PACS?

Unions are OK as long as they give their rank and file the freedom to decide their own political agenda. Municipal unions are different from private sector unions because they rely on taxpayer money and for that reason a courageous governor decided to take a stand. All Scott Walker wanted to do was to limit the municipal union's collective bargaining power and the left went crazy. Teachers violated state law and called in sick to riot and elected democrats fled the state like criminals to avoid doing their duty. Proof that the world is bass-ackward in the lilberal mind is that the teachers didn't get fired and the democrat legislators didn't get fired but the governor faced a recall election.

Maddow has learned how to compete without a penis, so we can surely learn how to survive without govt unions.

Forum List

Back