Maddow Blasts Fox from her Glass House at MSNBC

See the OP for the Maddow hypocrisy. :tongue:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ[/ame]

:razz::razz:

Only Maddow knows. Only Maddow knows.

:lol::lol::lol:

Rachel Maddow rocks.

She is one of the few honest journalist out there.

The people at FoxNews are lying pieces of shit.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

ummm she was just proven to be a L-I-A-R!

She is not a liar. Fox has been caught in many lies tho.

It goes farther than that. I heard a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries say the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda. But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.

And former G.W. Bush speechwriter David Frum recently spoke out on Nightline.
Frum: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

And Frum got fired from the American Enterprise Institute for his op-ed piece Waterloo

We followed the most radical voices in the party and the movement, and they led us to abject and irreversible defeat.

There were leaders who knew better, who would have liked to deal. But they were trapped. Conservative talkers on Fox and talk radio had whipped the Republican voting base into such a frenzy that deal-making was rendered impossible. How do you negotiate with somebody who wants to murder your grandmother? Or – more exactly – with somebody whom your voters have been persuaded to believe wants to murder their grandmother?

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

ummm she was just proven to be a L-I-A-R!

She is not a liar. Fox has been caught in many lies tho.

It goes farther than that. I heard a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries say the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda. But I suspect most Russians knew Pravda was propaganda.

Frum: "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

And Frum got fired from the American Enterprise Institute for his op-ed piece Waterloo

We followed the most radical voices in the party and the movement, and they led us to abject and irreversible defeat.

There were leaders who knew better, who would have liked to deal. But they were trapped. Conservative talkers on Fox and talk radio had whipped the Republican voting base into such a frenzy that deal-making was rendered impossible. How do you negotiate with somebody who wants to murder your grandmother? Or – more exactly – with somebody whom your voters have been persuaded to believe wants to murder their grandmother?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Excellent Frum quotes and I love the Moynihan quote. I've been hearing that one recently. It fits in this day and and time.

:)

Exactly why do intelligent people watch either Fox News or MSNBC???
I used to watch Fox News and I have watched MSNBC. I then came to the conclusion, why would I want to let an extremely biased news source dumb me down? Isn't the best way to determine what side of the issue you are on is by using objctive thinking? I don't know, to me regularly using a biased news source is just intellectually lazy. Look, neither one is even honest about what they are, MSNBC's "Lean Forward", a more accurate slogan would have been "Lean Left". Fox News' "Fair & Balanced", an more honest slogan would have been "Fairly Biased"!
Has there ever been a discussion on this subject? I would think so but as I'm new here, I wouldn't know.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Might enjoy this website then...

The People's Cube - Correct Opinions for Progressive Liberals - Political Humor & Satire

FWIW, the problem with Pravda was not just it's lack of objectivity, the problem was it was part of a State controlled monopoly. There is no completely unbiased news organization. Never has been and never will be. The trick is to have many sources of information and to think for yourself.

i watched the video in the OP, pinhead
or i wouldnt have asked you if YOU did
get that, pinhead?

and get this, peabrain, i dont give a RATS ASS how much WHO gave to any candidate
the point is she bitches about the very same thing SHE does
shes a fucking HYPOCRITE

I watched the OP video, but I also watched Rachel Maddow's segment which I gave you a link to. I figured you would be too fearful to watch it, I was right.

There is nothing wrong with having candidates on the air, and having a candidate promote their website or fund-raising organization.

When a pundit raises money for a candidate or for a party by making public appearances or making on the air endorsements, it is no longer being a pundit, it is being a political hack. But again, I am not surprised by your position, it fits your lack of intelligence and your lack of ethics and character.

why would anyone be too fearful to watch her?

She's not frightening, just boring.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The People's Cube - Correct Opinions for Progressive Liberals - Political Humor & Satire

FWIW, the problem with Pravda was not just it's lack of objectivity, the problem was it was part of a State controlled monopoly. There is no completely unbiased news organization. Never has been and never will be. The trick is to have many sources of information and to think for yourself.

There is nothing progressive about the old Soviet Union. It is one of the most conservative countries in the world. Ever research how many liberal journalists have been killed there?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

There is nothing progressive about the old Soviet Union. It is one of the most conservative countries in the world. Ever research how many liberal journalists have been killed there?

It still happens in Russia today. Journalist are also at great risk in Cuba who are one of the worst offenders when it comes to freedom of the press. China is bad as is North Korea. (there is a pattern developing here btw)

Your bizarre claims and confusion of tense notwithstanding, journalist are at risk in many countries around the world. God bless the U.S.A.

It still happens in Russia today. Journalist are also at great risk in Cuba who are one of the worst offenders when it comes to freedom of the press. China is bad as is North Korea. (there is a pattern developing here btw)

Your bizarre claims and confusion of tense notwithstanding, journalist are at risk in many countries around the world. God bless the U.S.A.

Yes, there is a definite pattern: Conservatism is based on latitude, longitude and date of birth.

And another: While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer

Last edited:

Yes, there is a definite pattern: Conservatism is based on latitude, longitude and date of birth.

And another: While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer

Dude.It's "puff puff give" not "puff puff puff puff puff". Put the joint down and have a good night man.

:cuckoo:

Funny vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txjXBx9-2c0

Hat tip to HA...

Wait, didn’t Rachel Maddow assure us on Friday that, unlike those mercenary wingnuts at Fox News who let Republican guests pitch donation URLs on the air, MSNBC is “not a political operation”? Six full minutes of fact-checkin’ fun here via Johnny Dollar, who not only spent hours piecing this lowlight reel together but has an accompanying post delving further into the hypocrisy. Somehow, Hannity and Palin raising money for conservatives is qualitatively different from Ed Schultz and Harold Ford doing the same for liberals. Which, I guess, is true: When Hannity and Palin push their side, they’re playing politics, whereas when Schultz and Ford push theirs, they’re making news. Please do take time to read his post and watch the clip; I promise, you’ll enjoy every minute.
:lol:

FHWiR: The Phony 'Journalism' of Rachel Maddow | slanders | johnny dollar's place

Rachel Maddow gave a lengthy defense of the recently suspended Keith Olbermann that spent little time justifying his violation of NBC policy (undisclosed donations to Democratic candidates). Instead Ms Maddow sought to fog the issue by launching into a diatribe about the evils of...Fox News! She kicks it off with a laundry list of sins from ‘Fox News hosts’. Unfortunately, she cites example after example that have nothing to do with Fox! Hannity interviewing his pal John Gomez: Rachel doesn’t tell you this but that was on his radio show. Hannity endorses Kasich: radio. Beck helps Bachmann raise money: again, radio.

Maddow thinks she has a gotcha when she reveals that Sean Hannity headlined a Republican fundraiser. But then there’s this:

The Broomfield Democrats invite you to the Carter Dinner. This is the largest annual fundraising event for the party and this year's keynote will be given by MSNBC's Ed Schultz!
Good stuff. :clap2:

I never understood why people even watch these talking heads. MSNBC, Fox, whatever... they're all a bunch of clowns.

Funny vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txjXBx9-2c0

Hat tip to HA...

Wait, didn’t Rachel Maddow assure us on Friday that, unlike those mercenary wingnuts at Fox News who let Republican guests pitch donation URLs on the air, MSNBC is “not a political operation”? Six full minutes of fact-checkin’ fun here via Johnny Dollar, who not only spent hours piecing this lowlight reel together but has an accompanying post delving further into the hypocrisy. Somehow, Hannity and Palin raising money for conservatives is qualitatively different from Ed Schultz and Harold Ford doing the same for liberals. Which, I guess, is true: When Hannity and Palin push their side, they’re playing politics, whereas when Schultz and Ford push theirs, they’re making news. Please do take time to read his post and watch the clip; I promise, you’ll enjoy every minute.
:lol:

FHWiR: The Phony 'Journalism' of Rachel Maddow | slanders | johnny dollar's place

Rachel Maddow gave a lengthy defense of the recently suspended Keith Olbermann that spent little time justifying his violation of NBC policy (undisclosed donations to Democratic candidates). Instead Ms Maddow sought to fog the issue by launching into a diatribe about the evils of...Fox News! She kicks it off with a laundry list of sins from ‘Fox News hosts’. Unfortunately, she cites example after example that have nothing to do with Fox! Hannity interviewing his pal John Gomez: Rachel doesn’t tell you this but that was on his radio show. Hannity endorses Kasich: radio. Beck helps Bachmann raise money: again, radio.

Maddow thinks she has a gotcha when she reveals that Sean Hannity headlined a Republican fundraiser. But then there’s this:
Good stuff. :clap2:

I never understood why people even watch these talking heads. MSNBC, Fox, whatever... they're all a bunch of clowns.

I think some people just want to have their beliefs spoon-fed to them. It's easy and dosen't require thinking.

Forum List

Back