Mad Men

I don't get why critics like this show.

The only reason I like to watch it is to look at Christine Hendricks and play with myself.
If you are referring to "Joan," she is very well packaged. But I don't think you'd find her nearly as appealing without clothes. That is unless you are into extreme Rubenesque figures.

The only reason I like to watch it is to look at Christine Hendricks and play with myself.
If you are referring to "Joan," she is very well packaged. But I don't think you'd find her nearly as appealing without clothes. That is unless you are into extreme Rubenesque figures.

I am.

You don't think I'd like her naked?

How would you know what my sexual tastes are?

I ddn't realize internet clowns could read my mind.

the average size in the us for a woman is 14....get a gripe there mike...only a dog wants a bone

What the heck happened to Bets?

She done and gots herself a bad case of the chubbs.

Watch, Henry will get the Senate seat and she will slim down. Pretty sure that's all padding and makeup. Pretty good though.

Oh, and she somehow got sane too. No more locking Sally in the closet or Betty shooting pigeons. Bummer.

Everyone has gotten too sane this season.

They seem to be compensating for the disjointed, and worse, humorless plot, which has, I see, extended into the 4th episode.

I'm bored.

I need someone to use a lawnmower to run over a snobby Englishman's foot during a Christmas party.

Anyway, the good news is I found a place in Calgary, Earl's Restaurant, that makes a FANTASTIC Old Fashioned. Sadly, for most of you, the only restaurants of the Canadian chain in the USA are in Denver and Bellvue, WA

Back the early 70's a tended bar in an officers club.

That was back before American DECLARED WAR on drunks.

I make a mean old fashioned. They were quite popular in those days.

As an aside, a few years back a bar opened that touted itself as MARTINI EXPERTS.

I ordered an Old Fashioned from the MARTINI EXPERT.

1. She'd never heard of it

2. She had no Aragosta bitters behind the bar

3. She had no powdered sugar

4. She did know what the term muddler was.

Now I have absolutely no doubt she knew a LOT about modern drink like sex on the beach and so forth, but she really knew almost nothing about CLASSIC COCKTAILS.

More examples?

Didn't know what a sidecar was

Didn't know what a "perfect" Martini was.

I don't know what happened to this modern generation, but they don't know jackshit about mixology.

I am.

You don't think I'd like her naked?

How would you know what my sexual tastes are?

I ddn't realize internet clowns could read my mind.

Yeah, well, ya learn something new every day.

What the hell was this with Don suddenly becoming the dominating order-giver with the doc's wife? "Stay here. Don't move. Don't call me. Put this on. Take this off. You're not going anywhere." What was that all about? A little (not much, but enough) out of character for Don. It was almost as if he had read something somewhere about heightening his sex life by becoming an authoritarian order-giver, and he thought he would give it a go with his girl friend there. Was he trying to end the affair the only way he knew how?

Role Playing is "Don Draper's" specialty. What would actually be IN Character would be unusual.

At any rate, he seems to actually be infatuated with the Dr's wife, who finally has to explain that standing outside her door piling up cigarette butts was bound to cause suspicion.

What the hell was this with Don suddenly becoming the dominating order-giver with the doc's wife? "Stay here. Don't move. Don't call me. Put this on. Take this off. You're not going anywhere." What was that all about? A little (not much, but enough) out of character for Don. It was almost as if he had read something somewhere about heightening his sex life by becoming an authoritarian order-giver, and he thought he would give it a go with his girl friend there. Was he trying to end the affair the only way he knew how?

Role Playing is "Don Draper's" specialty. What would actually be IN Character would be unusual.

At any rate, he seems to actually be infatuated with the Dr's wife, who finally has to explain that standing outside her door piling up cigarette butts was bound to cause suspicion.

Wow! Don banging Betty one more time! Who'd have thought? And, in keeping with the disjointed plot develpment this season, we move right on to the next episode with no reference whatsoever to the events of the previous episode in this regard.

Most recent episode? Disjointed. Vapid. Not all that interesting. We get the idea that the agency gains and loses clients. We get it. How about some plot development invoving the characters, rather than the firm's client status?

Anachronism alert! In the most recent episode, Don turns off the television set using a remote. I don't remember remotes being in vogue in the 1960's.

I remember seeing them when I was a little kid in the early 70's and Don is a wealthy man so he may have gotten one of the first ones put out there. Just googled and remote control was patented in mid 50's.

Forum List

Back