Mad Max: Fury Road

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
it is a 2 hour kick ass chase scene...simple as that...great movie....just thrilling...best action movie that I have seen in year. O dont waste your money on 3D. Miller did not shoot that many scenes in 3D.

Thats good to hear.
I dont watch to many movies but I was looking forward to this one....right up until the Chronicle gave it a bad review. Said the cinematography was great but the story was lacking.

Thats good to hear.
I dont watch to many movies but I was looking forward to this one....right up until the Chronicle gave it a bad review. Said the cinematography was great but the story was lacking.

I can honestly admit I have never ever cared about the story lines in the Mad Max sagas (and from the original not Road Warrior) just the pedal to the metal rock it out of this world action.

Thats good to hear.

I can honestly admit I have never ever cared about the story lines in the Mad Max sagas (and from the original not Road Warrior) just the pedal to the metal rock it out of this world action.

True..:lol:

I haven't seen the movie but I saw an article about how Fury Road was really a Feminist Movie and that it was one of greatest "bait and switch" movies of all time.

Apparently Max needs the Charlize Therone character to pull him out of a jam every time?

o fuck me running...did i say it was a classic ...no....but as far as an action flic it will be....a classic ....

story line....good guys are being chased by bad guys....

no its not a chick flic....

Didn't say it was a chick flick. Just said what the article said.

"Fuck you running'" calm down!

Ummm...I saw it ...thought it was not that great...save your money...see it on free cable. There is great spectacle to it...but not much else...and he speeds up the film during action sequences for some reason, it is almost worse than the shaky cam crap....there is no reason to speed up the frame rate....I know he did it in the original Mad Max but this is 2015, the effect is lame....

This review gets to the heart of the problem with Mad Max: Fury Road.....

Klavan On The Culture

I’m criticizing it because it’s not very good. Its title character is ill-defined. His mission is emotionally muddy. The non-stop car chase action becomes tiresome about 45 minutes in (though I did find myself wondering wistfully if there was a video game to go with it!). The finale is unbelievable even in context. The color palette, I admit, is beautiful but if you’re watching an enormous action sequence and thinking about the color palette… well, you get the idea.

And the biggest problem...the movie is called Mad Max....but he isn't the central character....

What Fury Road does have is a female warrior (played by the always-watchable Charlize Theron) who does the work that any good story would have reserved for its central character. She has a back story that matters. She performs the major action tasks. She travels over a personal arc within the plot. Some in Hollywood fear that female action leads bomb. So Fury Road sneaks the female lead in by giving the female sidekick all the good stuff to do. As a result, however, the center of the movie is empty and the story collapses into it.

I finally saw this last night. Really, REALLY good movie.
Charlize Theron did an awesome job with her character. I've never seen any other mad max movie so if there was more going on with the Max character...I missed it. All the characters were great.
I think they ended up working together as a lead more so than her being the main one.
I don't see why people were upset with Charlize in that role.
Movies that good should go on for about 3 or 4 hours. lol

Since Max doesn't say anything, the uber charismatic Mel Gibson was perfect. This new guy is about as charismatic as Putin. It doesn't work.

and the guitar guy? Wtf?

Incredible choreography and ever changing battle strategy.
P.S. - I HATE action movies.

Fun movie, but the adulation is way over the top. Visually, it's great. That's about it. The performances were OK, but how much can you do with cartoon characters? No plot, no interesting character development.

A feminist movie. Now that's funny. Max comes around a corner in a desert to discover five Victoria's Secret models having a sponge bath. What a feminist statement!

Have you guys watched the "Honest Trailer" video on youtube on Fury Road...it is pretty funny......says it all right there...

Forum List

Back