Mackenzie pipeline OK'd by cabinet, energy board

Ropey

אחרית הימים
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2010
The National Energy Board has granted final approval for the Mackenzie Valley natural gas pipeline after the federal cabinet signed off on the long-delayed $16.2-billion project.

The pipeline would run from the Beaufort Sea to northwestern Alberta, and is designed to carry up to 1.2 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day.

The project includes development of three natural gas fields, a gathering system and processing plant, plus a 457-kilometre pipeline to carry natural gas liquids from Inuvik, NWT to an existing oil pipeline at Norman Wells, and other related facilities.

The Aboriginal Pipeline Group, which represents several aboriginal groups along the pipeline route, is part of a private consortium of companies — led by Calgary-based Imperial Oil — spearheading the pipeline proposal.

Good to see a 16B job creation program. :) America will benefit from this pipeline as this gas will also allow the Tar Sands access to cheap energy within which to extract the oil.

Yes - The Tar-Sands Pipeline has been employing a lot of people here in Missouri for the past 3 years. It has also dropped the price of gas at the pump.

Yes - The Tar-Sands Pipeline has been employing a lot of people here in Missouri for the past 3 years. It has also dropped the price of gas at the pump.

The price of fuel will rise. There is no stopping that. A five dollar barrel will come. The value of the tar sands will have its time.

Sadly it is not on your demand for instant gratification, however it's time will come and Canada will be ready.

~30% of Canada's energy use is petroleum based and is less than thirty percent of Canadian output. Canada is consistently among the top sources for U.S. oil imports, and is already the largest source of U.S. natural gas and electricity imports to the tune of ~125 Billion dollars a year.

In the future we will continue to support Americas need for energy resources.

The price of fuel will rise. There is no stopping that. A five dollar barrel will come. The value of the tar sands will have its time.

Sadly it is not on your demand for instant gratification, however it's time will come and Canada will be ready.

~30% of Canada's energy use is petroleum based and is less than thirty percent of Canadian output. Canada is consistently among the top sources for U.S. oil imports, and is already the largest source of U.S. natural gas and electricity imports to the tune of ~125 Billion dollars a year.

In the future we will continue to support Americas need for energy resources.

:cool: It's great that we can count on the Canadian government. Hopefully some day soon we can count on the U.S. government too.

Hopefully some day soon we can count on the U.S. government too.

You say "We" and then immediately excise a major portion of Americans Jroc. I see that as the sadness of America today. Two Americans who I enjoy talking to are so full of the political party venom that all they can do is lay the blame for as much as they can on the opposition party and stay stuck in recriminations and little forward momentum. While others are gaining momentum.

I long for the days when America was tall and proud. Both the Democrats and the Republicans want to hate each other far more than they want to protect and love America.

Until America is viciously attacked. Even then it's not long before both Democrats and Republicans are more concerned with attacking the real foe to them, which is the opposition political party.

You say "We" and then immediately excise a major portion of Americans Jroc. I see that as the sadness of America today. Two Americans who I enjoy talking to are so full of the political party venom that all they can do is lay the blame for as much as they can on the opposition party and stay stuck in recriminations and little forward momentum. While others are gaining momentum.

When I say "we" I mean all Americans , Democrats and Republicans are only political parties, I have plenty of differances with both. Left idiology vs the right idiology is the issue, Strong America, weak America, we have to choose.

I long for the days when America was tall and proud. Both the Democrats and the Republicans want to hate each other far more than they want to protect and love America.

Wrong again, The bulk of the American people want a strong America, I'd say 30% do not. They want us to be the same as everyone else, thats not the American way. A minority of the American people are gaining too must strength, if we don't fight them haw can we complain when our country is not as it has been?

Until America is viciously attacked. Even then it's not long before both Democrats and Republicans are more concerned with attacking the real foe to them, which is the opposition political party.

Politics is politics, it's a dirty buisness, nobody likes it, it's just the way it is and has always been.

The far right is always the minority unless it can pull the center. The left is larger but far more fractured than their political opponents. The GOP continually sheds those like the JBS, the far right supporters of Goldwater, its southern racists (almost all will die within the next quarter century) as well as fads like truthers and birfers and so forth. JROC and those who think like him probably make up less than 20% of the voting population.

When I say "we" I mean all Americans , Democrats and Republicans are only political parties, I have plenty of differances with both. Left idiology vs the right idiology is the issue, Strong America, weak America, we have to choose.

Wrong again, The bulk of the American people want a strong America, I'd say 30% do not. They want us to be the same as everyone else, thats not the American way. A minority of the American people are gaining too must strength, if we don't fight them haw can we complain when our country is not as it has been?

Politics is politics, it's a dirty buisness, nobody likes it, it's just the way it is and has always been.

I see politics getting in the way of things getting done. When that happens, well history shows ...

Et tu Brute was said for a reason. Politics can be a dirty business, but only those who have seen what it once was can see the difference.

Sadly that is not the case today and nothing you say will change that reality. I see Libs and Reps far more concerned with party than issue. I see more vitriol placed on the doorstep of Americans by Americans than outside of America.

But then, I am outside of America.

Maybe it looks good to you.

The far right is always the minority unless it can pull the center. The left is larger but far more fractured than their political opponents. The GOP continually sheds those like the JBS, the far right supporters of Goldwater, its southern racists (almost all will die within the next quarter century) as well as fads like truthers and birfers and so forth. JROC and those who think like him probably make up less than 20% of the voting population.

Far right? Tuthers are just wackos.. birthers are wasting their time, both are a very small minority of the conservative movement. We have choice, Liberty or big government tyranny, thats the choice it's not very complicated.

All I know is I post to America about how Canada is there to support America and it is only a few posts before someone is at the REP vs DEM.

I'm out of here.

Far right? Tuthers are just wackos.. birthers are wasting their time, both are a very small minority of the conservative movement. We have choice, Liberty or big government tyranny, thats the choice it's not very complicated.

Big government tryanny began with the first U.S. bank, Alexander Hamilton, and George Washington. Since that time, the American dynamic has enfranchised women, minorities, and older teenagers (not sure about that). You are right: not very complicated.

New Topics

Forum List

Back