Machiavelli May Be Correct

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
These are dark times for the nation....and it appears not to become anything but moreso. The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming locomotive.

1. In the term used in the ancient Chinese axiom, we live in 'interesting' times.

a. An inept, untried and corrupt individual was elected President
b. Proven incompetent, still over 65 million Americans re-elected him
c. A Marxist came within a hairs-breadth of being the Democrat candidate
d. A career criminal and congenital liar is in the lead to be President
e. Americans appear ready to re-endorse the party that has given our enemy the nuclear bomb, destroyed American's trust in the FBI, invited thousands of unvetted migrants from terrorist nations in, and take every opportunity to end American sovereignty.

Is there any way to avoid the abyss?

2. Five centuries ago, Niccolo Machiavelli penned "The Prince." In chapter three, he explained what appears to be our ineluctable termination.

Machiavelli compared political diseases such as our current situation, with a fever....

... serious political diseases to fevers -- easy to treat early on, while they are difficult to recognize.
Unfortuananely, they are virtually untreatable by the time they become obvious:

"....if one is on the spot, disorders are seen as they spring up, and one can quickly remedy them; but if one is not at hand, they [are] heard of only when they are one can no longer remedy them.
... through not having been foreseen, they have been permitted to grow in a way that every one can see them.... there is no longer a remedy."
chapter 3, "The Prince"

"....there is no longer a remedy."

3. This is the case with the disease known as Liberalism, or Progressivism......It has grown into an untreatable situation: this is how it metastasized-

a. The radicals of the sixties did not remain within the universities…They realized that the apocalypse never materialized. “…they were dropping off into environmentalism and consumerism and fatalism…I watched many of my old comrades apply to graduate school in universities they had failed to burn down, so they could get advanced degrees and spread the ideas that had been discredited in the streets under an academic cover.” Collier and Horowitz, “Destructive Generation: Second Thoughts About The Sixties,” p. 294-295.

b. “The radicals were not likely to go into business or the conventional practice of the professions. They were part of the chattering class, talkers interested in policy, politics, culture. They went into politics, print and electronic journalism, church bureaucracies, foundation staffs, Hollywood careers, public interest organizations, anywhere attitudes and opinions could be influenced. And they are exerting influence.” Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 51

And so ends America.

What could, or should be done if this noble experiment, America, is to be saved?
Professor Angelo Codevilla answers that question, next.

I wish you understood accepted terms and definitions, PC. Normal, logical individuals do not accept your OP.

upload_2016-10-27_8-41-58.png

I wish you understood accepted terms and definitions, PC. Normal, logical individuals do not accept your OP.

View attachment 95432

Much less her pile.

There could hardly be a better proof of this....

Machiavelli compared political diseases such as our current situation, with a fever....

... serious political diseases to fevers -- easy to treat early on, while they are difficult to recognize.

"....if one is on the spot, disorders are seen as they spring up, and one can quickly remedy them; but if one is not at hand, they [are] heard of only when they are one can no longer remedy them.
... through not having been foreseen, they have been permitted to grow in a way that every one can see them.... there is no longer a remedy."
chapter 3, "The Prince"

....than the picture you have for your avi.....

It is invigorating how often you Liberals inadvertently verify my posts.

Yup, PC's arguments are like a fever.

She wishes to poison that which is good in America.

4. Essentially, Professor Angelo Codevilla sees the Democrats and Republicans as the two wings on the same bird of prey. And the prey is 'We the people,' what he calls the 'country class.," as opposed to 'the ruling class.'

"How can voters regain control of government?

Restoring localities' traditional powers over schools, including standards, curriculum, and prayer, would take repudiating two generations of Supreme Court rulings.

So would the restoration of traditional "police" powers over behavior in public places. Bringing public employee unions to heel is only incidentally a matter of cutting pay and benefits.

As self-governance is crimped primarily by the powers of government personified in its employees, restoring it involves primarily deciding that any number of functions now performed and the professional specialties who perform them, e.g., social workers, are superfluous or worse. Explaining to one's self and neighbors why such functions and personnel do more harm than good, while the ruling class brings its powers to bear to discredit you, is a very revolutionary thing to do."
America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution by Angelo M. Codevilla, from the July 2010 - August 2010 issue http://spectator.org/archives/2010/07/16/americas-ruling-class-and-the/print

Speaking the truth...and confronting the lies of Liberals should be on that list as well.

I wrote:

"Speaking the truth...and confronting the lies of Liberals should be on that list as well."

Isn't it amusing that none of the Liberals demanded I provided said lies....?

They know whereof I speak.

And, there are enough supporters of dishonesty that Machiavelli is correct....

...there is no longer any remedy.

View attachment 95432

Much less her pile.

chapter 3, "The Prince"

I wish I could say the same thing about your penchant for pontificating.

View attachment 95432

Much less her pile.

chapter 3, "The Prince"

I wish I could say the same thing about your penchant for pontificating.

Y'know....when one is as all-knowing as I am.....it is difficult not to pontificate.

Contrary to Machiavelli's dour prediction that there is no remedy for the destruction of our free society, once the disease (of Liberalism, in this case) has progressed to this stage....Professor Codevilla conjectures as to what could have, should have, been done.....
....had the disease been recognized early enough:

5. "The homeschool movement, for which the Internet became the great facilitator, involves not only each family educating its own children, but also extensive and growing social, intellectual, and spiritual contact among like-minded persons.

In short, the part of the country class that is most concerned with family matters has taken on something of a biological identity. Few in this part of the country class have any illusion, however, that simply retreating into private associations will long save their families from societal influences made to order to discredit their ways.

But stopping the ruling class's intrusions would require discrediting its entire conception of man, of right and wrong, as well as of the role of courts in popular government. That revolutionary task would involve far more than legislation." America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution by Angelo M. Codevilla, from the July 2010 - August 2010 issue http://spectator.org/archives/2010/07/16/americas-ruling-class-and-the/print

Read carefully, the professor is alluding to the indoctrination that has replaced education....

...and the perversion and obscenity that Liberalism has injected into our social fabric.

Alas, the toothpaste is out of the tube.

6. Professor Codevilla refers to 'We the people" as 'the country class,' and contrasts it with the ruling class.
The ruling class is out to 'transform' what has made America made it 'the shining city on the hill.'

"The ruling class's manifold efforts to discredit and drive worship of God out of public convinced many among the vast majority of Americans who believe and pray that today's regime is hostile to the most important things of all. Let members of the country class object to anything the ruling class says or does, and likely as not their objection will be characterized as "religious," that is to say irrational, that is to say not to be considered on a par with the "science" of which the ruling class is the sole legitimate interpreter.

So, it seems, we are hoist on the horns of a dilemma. Either we live by the system our Founders put in place, the Constitution, or live at the caprice of the ruling class, as outlined by Wilson and the Progressives.

In Congressional Government (1885) Woodrow Wilson left no doubt: the U.S. Constitution prevents the government from meeting the country's needs by enumerating rights that the government may not infringe. ("Congress shall make no law..." says the First Amendment, typically.) Our electoral system, based on single member districts, empowers individual voters at the expense of "responsible parties." Hence the ruling class's perpetual agenda has been to diminish the role of the citizenry's elected representatives, enhancing that of party leaders as well as of groups willing to partner in the government's plans, and to craft a "living" Constitution in which restrictions on government give way to "positive rights" -- meaning charters of government power. "
America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution by Angelo M. Codevilla, from the July 2010 - August 2010 issue http://spectator.org/archives/2010/07/16/americas-ruling-class-and-the/print

I lean toward Machiavelli.....
"....if one is on the spot, disorders are seen as they spring up, and one can quickly remedy them; but if one is not at hand, they heard of only when they are one can no longer remedy them.
chapter 3, "The Prince"

It's too late.....

I see the OP is up the M's on her namedrop calendar.

I see that the OP is so far over the heads of her critics that they are reduced to insipid one-liners.

Can you imagine that dunce conflating Machiavelli, who produced a singularly significant work of political science, with a film character played by Max Schreck???

These dunces verify Machiavelli's proposition....."there is no remedy" for America.

Forum List

Back