Mac Parrallels

Sep 12, 2008
I have to use a wintel machine for several of my classes, and the one I have sucks like a black hole or a Dante post. It has vista on it. Nuff said.

So the school has a deal for Parallels and Windows 7 and so I took them home and installed them. Very slow installation, but now Windows sort of runs in the background of my mac. I can access windows programs, and they look windowy on my desktop, (the close button is on the wrong side, etc) and they run great. The system is not slow, and since it behaves mac like, there is none of the really exasperating things windows does to prevent work getting done.

It does complain because I have not given the windows side access to the internet. I am not going to give the windows side access to the internet. the whole point of having a mac is you don't get all those viruses that infest the windows world.

I can run the windows stuff I need for my classes (Mostly specialized programs ) and still have mac for the homework that doesn't require special software. And the Mac comparable to Microsoft stuff is way better anyway.

So, even though I got stung badly, I am still a happy camper.... almost.

That said, the mac laptop did me dirty this week. My battery is near the end of its life, and the transformer on the lap top power cord blew out. All the blue smoke escaped and it wouldn't work any more. So I had to replace those two things.

Still, compared to what I have had to put up with the windows machine, I am still feeling kind of positive.

I thought of you in the public rest room of the Florence train station.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back