Mac concedes Michigan?

Wholley mother of god.. this election is over... Michigan was part of Macs strategy right?

It was a big part of his campaign.

McCain is really beginning to give up states that he has no chance in.

Obama has given up in like 3-4 states, ones that were well out of reach by like 10-20 points at this point.

Obama has given up in like 3-4 states, ones that were well out of reach by like 10-20 points at this point.

I think it's become clear to the McCain campaign that MI. cannot be won Robert and with the money difference between the two , it makes sense that he would need to spend it elsewhere in red states that Bush won in 04 that are in play. Just look how much money Obama is spending in FL. what is it 39 million?

true.. but you cant compare georgia with a rust belt swingstate like Michigan...With Michigan lost, Ohio, Indiana, Winsconsin and Pensylvania are seriously at risk..

Can you say landslide?

I think it's become clear to the McCain campaign that MI. cannot be won Robert and with the money difference between the two , it makes sense that he would need to spend it elsewhere in red states that Bush won in 04 that are in play. Just look how much money Obama is spending in FL. what is it 39 million?

Oh I agree. Obama is now in the lead in Florida too because of his aggressive campaigning. And that was a state that McCain was suppose to win handily too.

true.. but you cant compare georgia with a rust belt swingstate like Michigan...With Michigan lost, Ohio, Indiana, Winsconsin and Pensylvania are seriously at risk..

Can you say landslide?

I don't know about a landslide, but I do agree with you on your other point. Georgia has been consistently Republican since the party shift, and will probably remain that way. Atlanta is pretty Democratic, but not enough to carry the rest of the state. Losing Michigan was huge. If McCain has to give up on many more states like that, he will be in some serious trouble. Good strategy on his part, but not a good sign for his campaign. Lets just hope the rest of America sees what Michigan sees, or we are going to be in for another long four years.

Oh I agree. Obama is now in the lead in Florida too because of his aggressive campaigning. And that was a state that McCain was suppose to win handily too.

I believe he is having trouble in Va. too, if i'm not mistaken, so it makes sense to me with the budget he has to compete against that he would pull from a state like MI. which lets all be truthful here Bush did not carry in 00 and 04 so was a long shot.

I believe he is having trouble in Va. too, if i'm not mistaken, so it makes sense to me with the budget he has to compete against that he would pull from a state like MI. which lets all be truthful here Bush did not carry in 00 and 04 so was a long shot.

He's having trouble in Colorado, Virginia, Indiana, and a couple of other states.

If McCain loses long time red states, he's done for. Personally I think if Obama continues to pull away as the debates continue on then McCain is done before election day.

Last edited:

Yeah.. but I was still concerned that michigan could go the other way.. funny thing is that I had michigan going to Mac but Florida going to Obama... Obama has nearly three quarters a million more new enrollments than mac in Fl..

Yeah.. but I was still concerned that michigan could go the other way.. funny thing is that I had michigan going to Mac but Florida going to Obama... Obama has nearly three quarters a million more new enrollments than mac in Fl..

You know, I never thought McCain would win in MI. However, Obama better have a lot more than that in FL. I think Fl. is going to be very close this time around. However, I still think Fl. is going to go for McCain , but I do think CO. is going to go Obama and thats where he is going to win it I think.

You know, I never thought McCain would win in MI. However, Obama better have a lot more than that in FL. I think Fl. is going to be very close this time around. However, I still think Fl. is going to go for McCain , but I do think CO. is going to go Obama and thats where he is going to win it I think.

I agree on Colorado.. Brother in law is being bussed in from Seattle to go door to door in spanish speaking hoods.. he is fluent in said language.. who knew there was a large contingent there... goes to show however how badly some people want to win this thing....

I agree on Colorado.. Brother in law is being bussed in from Seattle to go door to door in spanish speaking hoods.. he is fluent in said language.. who knew there was a large contingent there... goes to show however how badly some people want to win this thing....

My sister lives in the Denver area and tells me that she's pretty sure Obama will win CO. Denver has a large hispanic population I will make sure my sister knows your brother is comming, as we are of hispanic decent. He will get a warm welcome from my family, actually I'm the lone outcast Republican in the family. lol

My sister lives in the Denver area and tells me that she's pretty sure Obama will win CO. Denver has a large hispanic population I will make sure my sister knows your brother is comming, as we are of hispanic decent. He will get a warm welcome from my family, actually I'm the lone outcast Republican in the family. lol

I hear ya.. I am the lone democrat here..My brother in law will be happy to know that btw..

Sounds kind of crazy but I'm sure he has a reason for it... Personally, I don't see how people will vote for a party who is going to raise the taxes on the car companies that employee them but that seem to be what is happening.

Forum List

Back