MA Senate Seat now a statistical tie: Scott brown closes gap by 7 points

Gotta agree. Most of the polls I've seen show it a matter of a few point one way or the other. MA has always voted Dem but the new State Healthcare plan they have is costing the taxpayers big time. That fact may change a few minds.

Reg Dems outnumber Reps 3-1 in that State so the question mark will be with the Indi's and moderates to see how they vote. Should be interesting and I sure hope Brown can pull it off.

Well, health care doesn't seem to be the problem. In fact, she should probably emphasize it more:

But it's not just about turnout. The Rasmussen poll that just came out -- one which shows Coakley's lead shrinking from 9 to 2 points -- also shows Barack Obama with a 57 percent approval rating (versus 41 percent opposed) among likely voters, and the health care bill favored by 52 percent of likely voters (versus 46 percent opposed).

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right

Just went to Wikipedia and looked it up. All is not rosy in MA with their enforced healthcare plan. Good reading. Law suits and business going to NH. I don't think I would stress it if I were Coakly.

It's an interesting issue. But apparently 52% of Mass voters support the health care bill. That's a biggie...

I'm also curious as to your use of the term "enforced health care".

I'm not sure that Coakly just isn't less likeable than the repub. And it's not like Mass never had a repub governor. Last I heard, Mitt was governor of that State. So the fact that it *was* Kennedy's seat really shouldn't be the dispositive factor.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a good thing for the seat to switch. We all know what happens when repubs get too much power to obstruct a dem president...

70 million to investigate a blue dress...

Well, health care doesn't seem to be the problem. In fact, she should probably emphasize it more:

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right

Just went to Wikipedia and looked it up. All is not rosy in MA with their enforced healthcare plan. Good reading. Law suits and business going to NH. I don't think I would stress it if I were Coakly.

It's an interesting issue. But apparently 52% of Mass voters support the health care bill. That's a biggie...

I'm also curious as to your use of the term "enforced health care".

I'm not sure that Coakly just isn't less likeable than the repub. And it's not like Mass never had a repub governor. Last I heard, Mitt was governor of that State. So the fact that it *was* Kennedy's seat really shouldn't be the dispositive factor.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a good thing for the seat to switch. We all know what happens when repubs get too much power to obstruct a dem president...

70 million to investigate a blue dress...

By enforced I mean the folks are fined if they don't jump on the bandwagon. Its much like what they are proposing with the national healthcare bill.

I sure hope there are no more blue dresses in either party.

By enforced I mean the folks are fined if they don't jump on the bandwagon. Its much like what they are proposing with the national healthcare bill.

I wouldn't call that "enfoced health care"... because you're not forced to have any medical examination, treatment or procedure. Just so you know, and I know people can differ on this. I see it as not much different from having to purchase auto insurance.

Ultimately, when someone doesn't have health insurance, it costs all of us A LOT of money.

I hope there are no more wasteful investigations like that too. :beer:

I wouldn't call that "enfoced health care"... because you're not forced to have any medical examination, treatment or procedure. Just so you know, and I know people can differ on this. I see it as not much different from having to purchase auto insurance.

Ultimately, when someone doesn't have health insurance, it costs all of us A LOT of money.

I hope there are no more wasteful investigations like that too. :beer:

I see what your saying. I meant that insurance was manditory for the citizens of MA.

Can't wait for the whining and crying when Brown loses. probably scream foul, as always.

If Brown loses the right will do what they did when Hoffman lost in NY23, i.e., pretend they won.

btw, it's nice to see the rightwingers embracing a guy like Brown, the kind of Republican they were insisting needed to be kicked out of the GOP.

Nice wake up there, cons. Glad I could be of some help.

Brown has NOT closed the gap by 7 points.
The democratic party is closing the gap for him.
Keep it up, majority in Washington. We love what you are doing to yourselves.

Can't wait for the whining and crying when Brown loses. probably scream foul, as always.

why would people whine and cry if brown loses? I dont think ANYONE here has been claiming he is going to win....just pointing out he as a good chance and has closed the gap siginifigantly in the polls.

We will see when the negative ads start up today if his poll numbers hold.

There is a rumor that if Brown wins, reid won't sit him until they pass healthcare.

Coakley is desperate BTW, she now says everyone who opposes her is EXTREME RIGHT WING.

It seems buzz words are all she has to hold on too.

Our local guy who has to confirm him, the guy who put the temporary lady in there in under 24 hours, says it will take the full 10 days to clear brown.

Rasmussen Report shows close race for Senate seat

Martha Coakley 49%
Scott Brown 47%
Joe Kennedy 3%

myfoxboston.com said:
The numbers show that Democrat Martha Coakley holds just a two-point lead over Republican Scott Brown. Just last week Coakley held a nine-point lead.

Among Independent voters, the bulk of the state's voters, Brown holds a 50 point lead. Brown even gets 18% of Democratic voters.

One issue that appears to be working for Brown is on terrorism. He has been hammering Coakley for wanting to try terror suspects in civilian courts. More than 60% of voters agree that the attempted plane bomber should be tried by the military.

FOX 25 - Rasmussen Reports Conducted January 11, 2010

Did you see what she was doing last night Pilgrim? Meeting at a fund raiser in Washington D.C with big Pharm and the rest of SPECIAL INTERESTES getting big money for her campaign. CHANGE YOU CAN'T BELEIVE IN.

The democrats think that they own that seat out there, continually calling it Kennedy's seat, it's not Kennedy's seat, he was hired by the voters out there to sit in it for his lifetime. It's the people of Massachusett's seat it's not owned by either party or any one politician. WHAT ARROGANCE.:evil:

What amazed me about last night was that Big Pharm and Health insurance companies were the ones at that dinner giving her money.

It made me think "If those guys are supporting the canidate that guarantees she will go along with the current health care bill then what is in the bill for them"

They would be supporting brown if the current bill in congress was bad for them and good for us.

There is a rumor that if Brown wins, reid won't sit him until they pass healthcare.

Coakley is desperate BTW, she now says everyone who opposes her is EXTREME RIGHT WING.

Our local guy who has to confirm him, the guy who put the temporary lady in there in under 24 hours, says it will take the full 10 days to clear brown.

The issue is that whoever wins, it will likely be close. Which means before the results will be "certified" they'll wait for all the absentee ballots to be counted.

If it's really that close, then they'd have no choice but to wait. But if it's obvious that Brown won, the only reason will be political scumbaggery at it's worst.

Martha Coakley 49%
Scott Brown 47%
Joe Kennedy 3%

myfoxboston.com said:
The numbers show that Democrat Martha Coakley holds just a two-point lead over Republican Scott Brown. Just last week Coakley held a nine-point lead.

Among Independent voters, the bulk of the state's voters, Brown holds a 50 point lead. Brown even gets 18% of Democratic voters.

One issue that appears to be working for Brown is on terrorism. He has been hammering Coakley for wanting to try terror suspects in civilian courts. More than 60% of voters agree that the attempted plane bomber should be tried by the military.

Here is what is interesting about this whole race.

Should the Democrat win, they will certify his election and have him seated in a day so that he can vote on health care.

Should the Republican win, they will change the rules and delay the seating of this newly elected Senator so that he cannot affect the vote on health care.

Anyone wonder why I think they should all be put on trial for corruption?

Last edited:

The issue is that whoever wins, it will likely be close. Which means before the results will be "certified" they'll wait for all the absentee ballots to be counted.

If it's really that close, then they'd have no choice but to wait. But if it's obvious that Brown won, the only reason will be political scumbaggery at it's worst.

Not that I think he will win a decisive victory but if he does I put a friendly wager out there that this guy will delay to the maximum 10 days.

Martha Coakley 49%
Scott Brown 47%
Joe Kennedy 3%

myfoxboston.com said:

Should the Democrat win, they will certify his election and have him seated in a day so that he can vote on health care.

Should the Republican win, they will change the rules and delay the seating of this newly elected Senator so that he cannot affect the vote on health care.

I disagree.

There is no incentive to sit Coakley quickly if she wins because the iterim hack that Patrick appointed will vote for the healthcare bill regardless.

Martha Coakley 49%
Scott Brown 47%
Joe Kennedy 3%

myfoxboston.com said:

Should the Republicanj win, they will change the rules and delay the seating of this newly elected Senator so that he cannot affect the vote on health care.

It is further proof of how utterly corrupt the Democrat Party has become - even by DC standards, and that is saying a lot.

Check out this story regarding the attempted corruption of the Democrat Party Machine...
___

Massachusetts Senate Race: Union Workers paid to support Democrat Martha Coakley actually voting for Republican Scott Brown

A couple named Angel Fleming & Shane Hayes attended the Brown-Coakley debate for the Massachusetts special Senate race Monday night and posted a report on their website. One video captures a snickering union guy who just pocketed $50 from Democrat Martha Coakley to stand there holding her campaign sign, then he confesses to Angel that he's been paid $50 to be there and he's really voting for the Republican Scott Brown:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S518s32jjic[/ame]

I disagree.

There is no incentive to sit Coakley quickly if she wins because the iterim hack that Patrick appointed will vote for the healthcare bill regardless.
There is a reason however. A duly elected Senator has more weight in politics then an interim Senator. When the Constitutional challenges on the health care bill begin, they are going to want to close every loophole they can.

There is a reason however. A duly elected Senator has more weight in politics then an interim Senator. When the Constitutional challenges on the health care bill begin, they are going to want to close every loophole they can.

Their votes count the same.

Not sure where you're pulling this nonsense from. No offense.

Their votes count the same.

Not sure where you're pulling this nonsense from. No offense.
It is the way they think.

Besides, it is very likely that there will be a new Senator before there is a vote on health care. Unless of course, the Democrat loses.

There will be challenges to the health care bill on Constitutional grounds. That much is certain.

Last edited:
Indeed - but with a Brown victory, you will see the rats scurrying from the Democrat Titanic much faster than they already are.

They have so overplayed the 2008 election...

Forum List

Back