Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Rasmussen Report shows close race for Senate seat

Martha Coakley 49%
Scott Brown 47%
Joe Kennedy 3%

myfoxboston.com said:
The numbers show that Democrat Martha Coakley holds just a two-point lead over Republican Scott Brown. Just last week Coakley held a nine-point lead.

Among Independent voters, the bulk of the state's voters, Brown holds a 50 point lead. Brown even gets 18% of Democratic voters.

One issue that appears to be working for Brown is on terrorism. He has been hammering Coakley for wanting to try terror suspects in civilian courts. More than 60% of voters agree that the attempted plane bomber should be tried by the military.

FOX 25 - Rasmussen Reports Conducted January 11, 2010

Last edited:
What poll?

There are polls, and there are polls

As for a brown victory.......
:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

Actually, all the recent polls show a virtual tie among voters who are likely to vote. Even the Boston Globe poll which showed Coakley with a 15 point lead among all those polled showed a tie among voters who said they were very interested in the election. Since special elections usually have an even lower turn out than midterm elections, the intensity of interest is likely to be a key factor in how the election works out, and that means Brown not only is tied with Coakley among those most likely to vote, but since he seems to have the greater momentum, may even be a slight favorite at this time.

I did enjoy Brown telling the moderator that it wasn't Kennedys seat but the peoples seat. I would love to see Obamas face if Brown wins. Better yet to be a fly on the wall.....:clap2:

Of course that is still a big IF, but possible.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
MA is usually as fucked-up as CA, but lets hope that they see the bullshit on the wall and vote for sanity for a "change". To Brown's credit he made a race out of it.

MA is usually as fucked-up as CA, but lets hope that they see the bullshit on the wall and vote for sanity for a "change". To Brown's credit he made a race out of it.

And then on to California where Boxer's lead over Fiorina continues to shrink. Some one in the Republican Party needs to send Obama, Axelrod, et. al., a thank you note.

it would be crazy if he actually won.

I've lived here my whole life and other than when i was a baby we have always had democrat senators.

I think i am suffering from a disbelief complex....it would be interesting nationally for the political discussion if he won.

that would be some kick ass news,, if an R took the kennedy senate seat,, and harry lost his scarey! :eek:

it would be crazy if he actually won.

I've lived here my whole life and other than when i was a baby we have always had democrat senators.

I think i am suffering from a disbelief complex....it would be interesting nationally for the political discussion if he won.

An election like this draws out only the most committed. If there's a blizzard on election day, only those with an axe to grind will vote.

I would imagine that all of the TEA Party folks and all of the Republicans will crawl across broken glass to vote. if the Dems get compacent at all, it's going to be very interesting.

Regarding the national discussion, it would certainly be a wake up call.

Rasmussen Report shows close race for Senate seat

Martha Coakley 49%
Scott Brown 47%
Joe Kennedy 3%

myfoxboston.com said:
The numbers show that Democrat Martha Coakley holds just a two-point lead over Republican Scott Brown. Just last week Coakley held a nine-point lead.

Among Independent voters, the bulk of the state's voters, Brown holds a 50 point lead. Brown even gets 18% of Democratic voters.

One issue that appears to be working for Brown is on terrorism. He has been hammering Coakley for wanting to try terror suspects in civilian courts. More than 60% of voters agree that the attempted plane bomber should be tried by the military.

FOX 25 - Rasmussen Reports Conducted January 11, 2010

wow...

Can't wait for the whining and crying when Brown loses. probably scream foul, as always.
Even if he wins, the Senate might not seat him until after the .....uc ugh...health care swill is voted upon us...despite the FACT that 64% of the American people don't like the bill.

The triumpherant rules! Obama/Reid/Pelosi doesn't care what you want.

There is a rumor that if Brown wins, reid won't sit him until they pass healthcare.

Coakley is desperate BTW, she now says everyone who opposes her is EXTREME RIGHT WING.

It seems buzz words are all she has to hold on too.

There is a rumor that if Brown wins, reid won't sit him until they pass healthcare.

Coakley is desperate BTW, she now says everyone who opposes her is EXTREME RIGHT WING.

reid is toast anyways, he has nothing to lose but the last of his integrity that he may have had. political games

Can't wait for the whining and crying when Brown loses. probably scream foul, as always.
Even if he wins, the Senate might not seat him until after the .....uc ugh...health care swill is voted upon us...despite the FACT that 64% of the American people don't like the bill.

The triumpherant rules! Obama/Reid/Pelosi doesn't care what you want.

Fact?

Polls are facts now?

Where is that poll BTW?

She has ran a terrible campaign. If she weren't so complacent she wouldn't be in this position. It's her fault alone.

Forum List

Back