MA Judge OKs Devaul Patrick violating the MA state Constitution.

So why do we have democrats dieing of cancer still in office, its sick, they are so full of power they cannot let go, how about that guy from the KKK at 91 they wheel him in for the vote.

Imagine that, a racist, head of the KKK, a Democrat who was the grand dragon master of the KKK and the goooood democrats love this KKK democratic senator so much they wheel chair the drooling old man in for the vote. That is how great the Democrat party is, to honor the KKK in this manner.

Last edited:
Yeah, because there has never been a Republican to stay in office until he was about to rot away *cough*Strom Thurmond*cough*

"A distinguished historian has said that one of the most valuable things about history is that it teaches us how things do not happen. It is precisely this kind of awareness that the paranoid fails to develop. He has a special resistance of his own, of course, to developing such awareness, but circumstances often deprive him of exposure to events that might enlighten him—and in any case he resists enlightenment." Richard Hofstadter, The Paranoid Style in American Politics

Pay closer attention to current events, US SecTres is publicly shorting the US Dollar

It's funny when you think just claiming something makes it true.

It's funny when you don't read something because your head in stuck in the Obama Kool Aid can

A world currency moves nearer after Tim Geithner's slip

US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner confessed on Wednesday that he had not read the plans by China's central bank governor for a "super-sovereign reserve currency" run by the International Monetary Fund, but nevertheless let slip that Washington was "open" to the idea. Whoops.

A world currency moves nearer after Tim Geithner's slip - Telegraph

Pay closer attention to current events, US SecTres is publicly shorting the US Dollar

It's funny when you don't read something because your head in stuck in the Obama Kool Aid can

US Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner confessed on Wednesday that he had not read the plans by China's central bank governor for a "super-sovereign reserve currency" run by the International Monetary Fund, but nevertheless let slip that Washington was "open" to the idea. Whoops.

You really should come back to reality. Geithner's comments do nothing to suggest a one world currency. What it does express is increasing the use of Special Drawing Rights.

You really should come back to reality. Geithner's comments do nothing to suggest a one world currency. What it does express is increasing the use of Special Drawing Rights.

pU1p3ehaPqygt7cs8Tjf9W3To1_400.jpg

Sure, Polk, sure.

Geithner's "slip" as US SecTres on the dollar is like a grown man "Slipping" that he finds 6 year old girls sexually appealing. You'd have to keep an eye on him forever.

Is CF turning into one of those NWO types?

I think the deeply conspiratorial-minded Frank has been one for some time now Emm.

I think the deeply conspiratorial-minded Frank has been one for some time now Emm.

Well I knew he was a birther. I had no idea he felt this way, too.

Yeah, because there has never been a Republican to stay in office until he was about to rot away *cough*Strom Thurmond*cough*

Sure, your right, but he was not the grand dragon of the KKK, was he.

Of course Thurmond was one of those democrats that had to switch parties during the civil rights movement of the 1960's. The only thing mentioning Thurmond does is give an example how some Democrats will change "coats" simply to retain political power, especially when the state they are from is boiling with civil rights problems, yep, Democrats got a bad name for their politics and racism and to survive they had to switch their party affiliation.

LOLOLOLOL OMFGGG

"...such law is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety or convenience"

Don't like it? Amend the state constitution.

Why? You do not support the Federal Government amending the US Constitution to allow all the illegal things it does, like Social Security, Medicare, Department of Housing, Department of Education, etc etc etc. Ohh did I mention the plans to create government run health care? That to would require an amendment to be Constitutional.

What provision of the Massachusetts constitution does this law violate?

did you read the link? Maybe I should have said Circumvented the constitution....or ignored the constitution.

The state GOP had argued that Gov. Deval Patrick - a Democrat - exceeded his constitutional authority by appointing Paul G. Kirk Jr. on Thursday. Lawmakers passed a bill this week giving Patrick the power to choose an interim senator, but laws usually take effect in 90 days.

Patrick got around that delay by signing a letter that declared the bill an emergency

Last edited:
LOLOLOLOL OMFGGG

"...such law is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety or convenience"

Don't like it? Amend the state constitution.

Why? You do not support the Federal Government amending the US Constitution to allow all the illegal things it does, like Social Security, Medicare, Department of Housing, Department of Education, etc etc etc. Ohh did I mention the plans to create government run health care? That to would require an amendment to be Constitutional.

No, it wouldn't.

But back to the topic of the thread...

The Mass. constitution allows for exactly what the governor did, so if the people of the state don't like what he did then they need to amend their constitution.

What exactly was the emergency emma?

Just curious as to what the emergency was that put the commonwealth in danger, which is what devaul used to do this.

I'm giving you some rope here, dont hang me to harshly with it.

What provision of the Massachusetts constitution does this law violate?

did you read the link? Maybe I should have said Circumvented the constitution....or ignored the constitution.

The state GOP had argued that Gov. Deval Patrick - a Democrat - exceeded his constitutional authority by appointing Paul G. Kirk Jr. on Thursday. Lawmakers passed a bill this week giving Patrick the power to choose an interim senator, but laws usually take effect in 90 days.

Patrick got around that delay by signing a letter that declared the bill an emergency

That's allowed in your state's constitution.

What exactly was the emergency emma?

Just curious as to what the emergency was that put the commonwealth in danger, which is what devaul used to do this.

I'm giving you some rope here, dont hang me to harshly with it.
The constitution doesn't say there has to be "danger". The wording is pretty ambiguous ... and perhaps that was their intent. Certainly what he did can be argued to fall under that provision.

Emma I understand where you are coming from but I need to give you more information about my state.

In order to appoint someone devaul had to change a law that was on the books. In order to change said law he must do the following:

MA Constitution said:
Massachusetts Constitution Legislative Action on Proposed Laws.

[Section 1. Legislative Procedure. - If an initiative petition for a law is introduced into the general court, signed by not less than twenty thousand qualified voters, a vote shall be taken by yeas and nays in both houses before the first Wednesday of June upon the enactment of such law in the form in which it stands in such petition. If the general court fails to enact such law before the first Wednesday of June, and if such petition is completed by filing with the secretary of the commonwealth, not earlier than the first Wednesday of the following July nor later than the first Wednesday of the following August, not less than five thousand signatures of qualified voters, in addition to those signing such initiative petition, which signatures must have been obtained after the first Wednesday of June aforesaid, then the secretary of the commonwealth shall submit such proposed law to the people at the next state election. If it shall be approved by voters equal in number to at least thirty per cent of the total number of ballots cast at such state election and also by a majority of the voters voting on such law, it shall become law, and shall take effect in thirty days after such state election or at such time after such election as may be provided in such law.] [Section 1 superseded by section 2 of Amendments, Art. LXXXI.]

[Section 2. Amendment by Petitioners. - If the general court fails to pass a proposed law before the first Wednesday of June, a majority of the first ten signers of the initiative petition therefor shall have the right, subject to certification by the attorney-general filed as hereinafter provided, to amend the measure which is the subject of such petition. An amendment so made shall not invalidate any signature attached to the petition. If the measure so amended, signed by a majority of the first ten signers, is filed with the secretary of the commonwealth before the first Wednesday of the following July, together with a certificate signed by the attorney-general to the effect that the amendment made by such proposers is in his opinion perfecting in its nature and does not materially change the substance of the measure, and if such petition is completed by filing with the secretary of the commonwealth, not earlier than the first Wednesday of the following July nor later than the first Wednesday of the following August, not less than five thousand signatures of qualified voters, in addition to those signing such initiative petition, which signatures must have been obtained after the first Wednesday of June aforesaid, then the secretary of the commonwealth shall submit the measure to the people in its amended form.] [Section 2 superseded by section 3 of Amendments, Art. LXXXI.]

VI. Conflicting and Alternative Measures.

If in any judicial proceeding, provisions of constitutional amendments or of laws approved by the people at the same election are held to be in conflict, then the provisions contained in the measure that received the largest number of affirmative votes at such election shall govern.

A constitutional amendment approved at any election shall govern any law approved at the same election.

The general court, by resolution passed as hereinbefore set forth, may provide for grouping and designating upon the ballot as conflicting measures or as alternative measures, only one of which is to be adopted, any two or more proposed constitutional amendments or laws which have been or may be passed or qualified for submission to the people at any one election: provided, that a proposed constitutional amendment and a proposed law shall not be so grouped, and that the ballot shall afford an opportunity to the voter to vote for each of the measures or for only one of the measures, as may be provided in said resolution, or against each of the measures so grouped as conflicting or as alternative. In case more than one of the measures so grouped shall receive the vote required for its approval as herein provided, only that one for which the largest affirmative vote was cast shall be deemed to be approved

He Declared an emergency and circumvented the constitution in the process, thats my beef. Basically my soverign rights under the Constiution of the Commonwealth, along with everyone else's, were violated.

It was not an emergency. I'm trying to find if our general laws define the Term "Emergency" right now.....this is where i may be proven wrong or Devaul may be proven wrong, the state's defenition of emergency would have to cover vacant senate seats as being a state emergency.

When was that section ("when Statutes shall take Effect" and "Emergency Measures") added?

I think they have been in there a long time, not 100% sure. Since you asked though, looks like this guy can't take his seat for 90 days anyway, at least according to our state constitution.

Looks like I may have a defenition of emergency too as being "that such law is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety or convenience. " which means any bullshit artist, such as myself, could construe the situation to be preserving the public peace, health, safety, or convinience.

A judge ruled it was ok, it still leaves a bad taste. I bet devual is done next election.

MA constitution said:
I. When Statutes shall take Effect.

No law passed by the general court shall take effect earlier than ninety days after it has become a law, excepting laws declared to be emergency laws and laws which may not be made the subject of a referendum petition, as herein provided.

II. Emergency Measures.

A law declared to be an emergency law shall contain a preamble setting forth the facts constituting the emergency, and shall contain the statement that such law is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety or convenience. [A separate vote shall be taken on the preamble by call of the yeas and nays, which shall be recorded, and unless the preamble is adopted by two-thirds of the members of each house voting thereon, the law shall not be an emergency law; but] if the governor, at any time before the election at which it is to be submitted to the people on referendum, files with the secretary of the commonwealth a statement declaring that in his opinion the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety or convenience requires that such law should take effect forthwith and that it is an emergency law and setting forth the facts constituting the emergency, then such law, if not previously suspended as hereinafter provided, shall take effect without suspension, or if such law has been so suspended such suspension shall thereupon terminate and such law shall thereupon take effect: but no grant of any franchise or amendment thereof, or renewal or extension thereof for more than one year shall be declared to be an emergency law. [See Amendments, Art. LXVII.]

When was that section ("when Statutes shall take Effect" and "Emergency Measures") added?

I think they have been in there a long time, not 100% sure. Since you asked though, looks like this guy can't take his seat for 90 days anyway, at least according to our state constitution.

Looks like I may have a defenition of emergency too as being "that such law is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety or convenience. " which means any bullshit artist, such as myself, could construe the situation to be preserving the public peace, health, safety, or convinience.

A judge ruled it was ok, it still leaves a bad taste. I bet devual is done next election.

I don't think he has to wait 90 days, as the governor declared it an emergency. What did the judge say in ruling in his favor ?

I asked about how long this has been in the state constitution (it wasn't clear on the site) because I wonder if ol' John would have considered taxation without representation an emergency ;)

Forum List

Back