MA Judge OKs Devaul Patrick violating the MA state Constitution.

For Emma,
Thanks.

Sounds like what the governor did was constitutional.

The only argument I could see being made it does doesn't constitute an emergency, but the state constitution doesn't define what an emergency is. In that case, the question is a political one and courts aren't going to overrule in those kinds of cases.

Well, "convenience" can be defined rather broadly. Certainly representation would fall under that, I'd think. The healthcare reform is a major legislation that will profoundly affect the people of the state. Why shouldn't them not having representation for that be considered an emergency?

Last edited:
Sounds like CF and others wanted the judge to legislate from the bench, rather than apply the state constitution.

There is a Special Election scheduled for January to fill the Vacancy.

I ask again, "What is the 'Emergency'?"

Sounds like CF and others wanted the judge to legislate from the bench, rather than apply the state constitution.

You didn't answer my above post.

--> "Well, "convenience" can be defined rather broadly. Certainly representation would fall under that, I'd think. The healthcare reform is a major legislation that will profoundly affect the people of the state. Why shouldn't them not having representation for that be considered an emergency?"

You didn't answer my above post.

--> "Well, "convenience" can be defined rather broadly. Certainly representation would fall under that, I'd think. The healthcare reform is a major legislation that will profoundly affect the people of the state. Why shouldn't them not having representation for that be considered an emergency?"

OK, that's the "Emergency": A Vote on a ObamaCare where major portions won't go into effect until 2012.

Thank you for playing, "Libs Say the Darndest Things"

It's not a lying, nuclear Iran that has Libruls worried it's a vote for ObamaCare.

Great priorities

It's not surrendering our Sovereignty to a proposed World Currency. No, Sir!

ObamaCare is THE Emergency of the 21st Century!

It's not surrendering our Sovereignty to a proposed World Currency. No, Sir!...
"A distinguished historian has said that one of the most valuable things about history is that it teaches us how things do not happen. It is precisely this kind of awareness that the paranoid fails to develop. He has a special resistance of his own, of course, to developing such awareness, but circumstances often deprive him of exposure to events that might enlighten him—and in any case he resists enlightenment." Richard Hofstadter, The Paranoid Style in American Politics

This is major legislation that will have a profound effect on the citizens of the state. Why shouldn't they have representation in Congress to vote on this bill?

Maybe that's why they have a Special Election scheduled for January? Isn't that Convenient? (I'm going to be laughing for Days thinking about MA Libruls Church Lady Emergency)

I'm glad Libs are so upfront about their priorities, Iran, Afghanistan, the Dollar, US Unemployment all pale in comparison with ObamaCare.

"...And while all of us tend to bend information to fit our preexisting cognitive schema,
conspiracy theorists are more extreme. They are "immune to evidence," discounting contradictory information or seeing it as "proof of how clever the enemy is at covering things up." -Goeftzel

"A distinguished historian has said that one of the most valuable things about history is that it teaches us how things do not happen. It is precisely this kind of awareness that the paranoid fails to develop. He has a special resistance of his own, of course, to developing such awareness, but circumstances often deprive him of exposure to events that might enlighten him—and in any case he resists enlightenment." Richard Hofstadter, The Paranoid Style in American Politics

Pay closer attention to current events, US SecTres is publicly shorting the US Dollar

"...And while all of us tend to bend information to fit our preexisting cognitive schema,
conspiracy theorists are more extreme. They are "immune to evidence," discounting contradictory information or seeing it as "proof of how clever the enemy is at covering things up." -Goeftzel

"Isn't that Convenient?" -- Both the SNL Church Lady and the reason given by MA Dems in appointing Ted Kennedy's valet to fill in his Senate seat to vote for ObamaCare ahead of a planned Special Election

Pay closer attention to current events, US SecTres is publicly shorting the US Dollar

It's funny when you think just claiming something makes it true.

Forum List

Back