M15 Unit Not Needed in U.S.

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Seems to me the FBI and CIA now have their acts together and are effectively fighting terrorism, with important help given to them by Congress through important legislation.

An American MI5 Is The Wrong Approach
By Ronald Kessler
August 21, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Great Britain's successful disruption of a plot to blow up airliners flying to the U.S. has spawned a new round of calls for the creation of an American intelligence agency similar to the British MI5.

These proposals to set up a domestic spy agency separate from the FBI come from critics who have never conducted a terrorism investigation and have no first-hand knowledge of how the FBI runs its counterterrorism program.

for full article:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/8/20/210306.shtml

I was getting ready to ask if the FBI CTT counted, but the article clarified it. I do think everyone needs to STFU about the wiretaps and data mining.

I was getting ready to ask if the FBI CTT counted, but the article clarified it. I do think everyone needs to STFU about the wiretaps and data mining.

I'll agree, while still puzzled why the FBI says with each breach, "Not terrorism, just a crazy person," then they go to court and say differently....

Why in the world does our government NOT want us to know of their successes, but we'll sure as hell know when there is a failure?

I'll agree, while still puzzled why the FBI says with each breach, "Not terrorism, just a crazy person," then they go to court and say differently....

Why in the world does our government NOT want us to know of their successes, but we'll sure as hell know when there is a failure?

News Mantra: If it bleeds it leads.

Man bites dog always gets the headline.

I don't think this problem lies with MSM/DNC, but rather the 'intelligence' agencies.

To a limited extent I agree. But the media reaction drives the political action which will drive the execution of plans by the agencies. A vicious circle.

Forum List

Back