M14's

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Hello. I've got some cash stashed away in the bank, and the state of Alaska gives me $900 bucks in the next month of so. www.springfield-armory.com has M1A rifles. See what im getting at? Does anybody own an M1A or an M1911-A1? How do you like it? And how does Springfield compete with other gun manufacturers? Any other comments?

Semper Fi said:
Hello. I've got some cash stashed away in the bank, and the state of Alaska gives me $900 bucks in the next month of so. www.springfield-armory.com has M1A rifles. See what im getting at? Does anybody own an M1A or an M1911-A1? How do you like it? And how does Springfield compete with other gun manufacturers? Any other comments?

Be aware that an M1A is not an M14. Two different rifles altogether. The M1911 is a pistol (.45 auto). All the above are US military standard issue firearms (at one time or another). Both the M14 and the M1 are great for high power rifle shooting. My preference is the M14, however, mostly because that is what I first trained on when I joined the Army. I like the heft of it and the accuracy. I like the M1911 better than the current issue 9mm. I cant hit the broadside of a barn from the inside with either though.

gop_jeff said:
From what I've heard (I've never fired either of them) the M14 is an excellent rifle. Certainly it will be money well spent.

Be careful witth the M14, there are some Chinese made rip-offs out there that perform nearly as well but dont have the durability of the good old USA version.

Forum List

Back