Lynne Cheney has a few words for Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
"hey she shouldn't have made her sexual preferences public if she didn't want to get called out on it. i mean the vice pres. disagrees with the pres., its an issue to bring up. personally, i dont care.. i mean they have no problem attacking kerry's war service and his contributions to america.. so fuck it, its all fair game."

Bullshit buddy,, That's was the LOWEST comment I'ver ever heard from a Presidential candidate.. Mrs. Cheney was right..
Kerrie' owes the whole family an apology.. If I were Dick I'd call him out on it..
Proves what everyone already should have known.. No morals, no judgement , NO DECENCY from the Dem's.. Geeez I wanted to go throught the set and bitch-slap that frenchie bastard myself..

It figures a fool like yourself would have no problem with kerrie's comment. You're just as worthless as he is...

Mainframe said:
what would that civil union entail? just curious.

The only difference is the wording used. Civil unions are just that, marriages that take place at the court house, and are recognized as legally binding, for tax purposes, divorce, etc.

While the definition of marriage would be preserved in the traditional sense as that between man and woman.

Bonnie said:
The only difference is the wording used. Civil unions are just that, marriages that take place at the court house, and are recognized as legally binding, for tax purposes, divorce, etc.

While the definition of marriage would be preserved in the traditional sense as that between man and woman.

well that sounds fine. i see no problem.

phadras said:
"hey she shouldn't have made her sexual preferences public if she didn't want to get called out on it. i mean the vice pres. disagrees with the pres., its an issue to bring up. personally, i dont care.. i mean they have no problem attacking kerry's war service and his contributions to america.. so fuck it, its all fair game."

Bullshit buddy,, That's was the LOWEST comment I'ver ever heard from a Presidential candidate.. Mrs. Cheney was right..
Kerrie' owes the whole family an apology.. If I were Dick I'd call him out on it..
Proves what everyone already should have known.. No morals, no judgement , NO DECENCY from the Dem's.. Geeez I wanted to go throught the set and bitch-slap that frenchie bastard myself..

It figures a fool like yourself would have no problem with kerrie's comment. You're just as worthless as he is...

Meanframe... come on. You can do better than that.

Damn man, relax. Im worthless now? Oh cause you think Im a Democrat, thats right. If Dick wants to call him out, he will, and he has the right.

Can you not agree its an issue when the vice and pres. dont agree? Whether democrat or republican, it's an issue. She just happens to BE that issue. Also, Dick Cheney was vocal about it, so I really dont understand why she's not fair game.

Now I didn't say I didn't have a problem with it, you are assuming. I said fuck it, it's fair game. Big difference. I don't think he attacked Cheney's daughter anyways, did he? Has the Bush campaign brought up Kerry's wife? If so, what's the difference then?

On a moral level, I wouldnt want to bring anyones family in on either side. I may disagree morally, but not politically. I dont think that makes me "worthless" to have a different opinion than you do, or anyone else.

If you wanna start slinging insults, we can do that. Im discussing this.

Dick Cheney was NOT vocal about it. IT was only discussed in the VP debate cuz John-Boy brought it up also. Did you watch it? All Cheney had to say in rebuttal to Edward's points on gay marriage was "I appreciate you saying I love my daughter" LOW ROTTEN STINKING democrats the lot of em!

Are you listening to yourself man? His daughter's sexuality is "fair game"?! WTF

like i said. its my opinion.. if you dont like it. sorry.

ill just leave this thread. its all good. you guys are getting a bit too riled up.

recognize that demonstates very poor judgement...

The question was NOT about homosexual marriage.. It was whether people are BORN that way... An open question.. An kerry was a complete jerk to bring up Cheney's daughter... You shrugged it off like it meant NOTHING!! Bad judgement, but that's to be expected and normal from a democrat...

He was out of line, a cheap shot, and that's the truth...

Cheney's daughter is a leader of the Log Cabin Republicans. Therefore she has already brought her sexuality into the arena of politics.

I think the answer was appropriate. The question was if homosexuality is a choice or not and Kerry responded that Cheney's daughter was born as she is.

He mentioned her because of relevance. The question was about homosexuality and one of the candidates daughters is such.

Why is this even being discussed? Is it because Bush lost 0 to 3 and instead of debating the issues Bush supporters jump on something such as this?

Issues that we in the debate are what needs to be discussed regarding the debate in my opinion.

:gay:

MJDuncan1982 said:
He mentioned her because of relevance. The question was about homosexuality and one of the candidates daugthers is such.

I disagree. There are numerous other homosexuals that Kerry could have mentioned. He mentioned Cheney's daughter simply for political agenda. He wanted to make himself look better to gay American's, and make Bush/Cheney look worse to the Christians opposed to it. Its political MJ, everyone knows it, including Kerry himself.

phadras said:
recognize that demonstates very poor judgement...

The question was NOT about homosexual marriage.. It was whether people are BORN that way... An open question.. An kerry was a complete jerk to bring up Cheney's daughter... You shrugged it off like it meant NOTHING!! Bad judgement, but that's to be expected and normal from a democrat...

He was out of line, a cheap shot, and that's the truth...

You like beating dead horses dont you?

You dont seem to be able to read either. NOT A DEMOCRAT.

When someone types "Oh thats right YOU THINK IM A DEMOCRAT"... most people can recognize that as normally not being associated with the democratic party. If it was too vague, I apologize, but ease the fuck up.

Just because I dont agree with you, doesnt A. make me a democrat and B. doesnt mean your opinion is the right one.

I said I dont agree with you, so leave it at that. You dont need to prove something here, nor shove your opinion down my throat and then proceed to judge me... as if your shit dont stank.

lilcountriegal said:
I disagree. There are numerous other homosexuals that Kerry could have mentioned. He mentioned Cheney's daughter simply for political agenda. He wanted to make himself look better to gay American's, and make Bush/Cheney look worse to the Christians opposed to it. Its political MJ, everyone knows it, including Kerry himself.

Very true......Also I would say that Kerry did not have to mention anyone by name......he could have given a generic answer that expressed his opinion on the subject. He would have made his point better, and not came across as classless.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Cheney's daughter is a leader of the Log Cabin Republicans. Therefore she has already brought her sexuality into the arena of politics.

I think the answer was appropriate. The question was if homosexuality is a choice or not and Kerry responded that Cheney's daughter was born as she is.

He mentioned her because of relevance. The question was about homosexuality and one of the candidates daughters is such.

Why is this even being discussed? Is it because Bush lost 0 to 3 and instead of debating the issues Bush supporters jump on something such as this?

Issues that we in the debate are what needs to be discussed regarding the debate in my opinion.

If the statement was so appropriate, why is the gay community so angry at him. The issue is being discussed because there are still people who think Bush lost all three debates. THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE WHO WON THE DEBATES!

dilloduck said:
The issue is being discussed because there are still people who think Bush lost all three debates. THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE WHO WON THE DEBATES!

That's true. There really is no way, its not like its a sporting event. All you can do is take what you can from them and make your decision. I dont understand the whole win/lose thing unless one of them just sat there and "uh'd" all day long.

Really, I think anyone with the smallest bit of common sense knows that you don't bring the children of the people you are fighting with into the debate.

No one's child is, "fair game," as Kerry Advisor, Mary Beth Cahill claimed she was, unless Mary Cheney herself gave Kerry permission to discuss her sexuality before the entire world....I'm pretty sure she didn't.

Is it devestating to the Cheney's? No. Did he say something shocking and/or cruel? No. What he did was break an unspoken rule...he brought up Cheney's daughter to make a political point...and that was wrong.

He had no right to do it, just like Bush would have no right bringing up the Kerry girls if he was discussing the dangers and trials of divorce. Even if he was saying that they seemed to have weathered the difficult situation well...Bush has no right to use his competitors children as examples before the entire world.

Kerry goofed....the fact that he has admitted as much through his advisors underscores the fact that he understands the potential danger of the area he has brought his campaign to.

I actually feel that at this point it was Elizabeth Edwards who truly committed the fatal gaffe...to tell a radio show that Lynn Cheney seemed ashamed of her daughter because she was angry about Kerry bringing it up during a political debate was unbelievably low and...more importantly...what does she have to do with any of it?!? I do not think she should have stuck her nose into it at all, and have lost some respect for her because of it. Would she have been angry if Bush had mentioned her dead son during some opportune point in the debate? Of course she would have been, just like Lynn Cheney was...

So between Kerry and Edwards, neither one knows any other lesbians besides Cheney's daughter???????/

www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A31310-2004Oct13?language=printer

Lynne Cheney issued her post -debate rebuke to a cheering crowd outside Pittsburgh. "The only thing I can conclude is he is not a good man. I'm speaking as a mom", she said. "what a cheap and tawdry political trick."

Kerry said, "If you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as."
End quote;

Although I don't think Kerry's words were demeaning, it was in bad taste to bring it up the way he did, and out of line just to get poltical points from the gay community. What do you think??
It was especially stupid since Dick Cheney has always supported gay rights.

196727.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back