Lynne Cheney has a few words for Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A31310-2004Oct13?language=printer

Lynne Cheney issued her post -debate rebuke to a cheering crowd outside Pittsburgh. "The only thing I can conclude is he is not a good man. I'm speaking as a mom", she said. "what a cheap and tawdry political trick."

Kerry said, "If you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as."
End quote;

Although I don't think Kerry's words were demeaning, it was in bad taste to bring it up the way he did, and out of line just to get poltical points from the gay community. What do you think??

Bonnie said:

Lynne Cheney issued her post -debate rebuke to a cheering crowd outside Pittsburgh. "The only thing I can conclude is he is not a good man. I'm speaking as a mom", she said. "what a cheap and tawdry political trick."

Kerry said, "If you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as."
End quote;

Although I don't think Kerry's words were demeaning, it was in bad taste to bring it up the way he did, and out of line just to get poltical points from the gay community. What do you think??

Man did Kerry piss off the large gay community in Austin. While neither candidate offers them the gay marriage approval they wanted, they are saying that the way Kerry made his statement was demeaning enough to make them vote for Bush!

Bonnie said:

End quote;

I have to wonder if Kerry spoke to Cheney's daughter personally or if he is psychic enough to read her mind.

Actually, it appears that Elizabeth Edwards is also sticking her nose in places it doesnt belong. It makes me think that Mrs. Edwards believes she can also read people's minds suggesting that Lynne Cheney feels "shame" for her daughter.

ELIZABETH EDWARDS ON ABC RADIO: "She's overreacted to this and treated it as if it's shameful to have this discussion. I think that's a very sad state of affairs… I think that it indicates a certain degree of shame with respect to her daughter's sexual preferences… It makes me really sad that that's Lynne's response."

lilcountriegal said:
Actually, it appears that Elizabeth Edwards is also sticking her nose in places it doesnt belong. It makes me think that Mrs. Edwards believes she can also read people's minds suggesting that Lynne Cheney feels "shame" for her daughter.

What a pompous bitch!!!!!!!!!

hey she shouldn't have made her sexual preferences public if she didn't want to get called out on it. i mean the vice pres. disagrees with the pres., its an issue to bring up. personally, i dont care.. i mean they have no problem attacking kerry's war service and his contributions to america.. so fuck it, its all fair game.

but this is the dirtiest campaign on both sides ive ever seen.

Excuse me but Kerry made his Vietnam service the CENTRAL ISSUE of his campaign. The fact that you agree with the DemocRATS using The VP's daughter's sexual orientation as a weapon just shows how disgusting the lot of you are.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
lilcountriegal said:

What a rancid, vile, caustic old broad.

And this isn't the dirtiest campaign on both sides I have seen. This is the dirtiest campaign on the LEFT that I have seen. Let's tally all of em up:

Republican:

Swift Vets
Ann Coulter
Stolen Honor Documentary

Democratic:

Micheal Moore
MoveOn comparing Bush to Hitler
McAuliffe outright LYING saying Bush is gonna draft your kids
Al Franken
Al Gore's screeds
John Kerry's "crooks and liars" remark caught on tape (and this is the man who will unite us?)
Kerry/Edwards accusing the President of lying (sorry they don't go that far, they just accuse him not telling the truth)
Democrats introduce Draft bill but manage to get people to think it was the Republicans
False allegations of voter fraud
using Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter to smear him. Uttery tasteless.

So to me it looks a little stacked towards one party here.

A candidate's child's sexuality is NOT a campaign issue...and anyone who thinks that it is is out of their minds.

One of Cheney's daughters is a lesbian, and she doesn't hide it. Her sister, is a heterosexual, and she doesn't hide it. Should Kerry be able to discuss what kind of sexual positions Dick Cheney's straight daughter likes because "Hey...she put her sexuality out there...shes married AND has kids...so its fair game!!!"

No, of course not. Kerry forgot to follow his mother's "last words" to him...he showed a complete lack of integrity by using his competition's personal life (worse, the personal life of his child) in a pathetic attempt to get votes.

They (Edwards and Kerry) are getting creamed on this issue and they should be...it showed a complete lack of decency.

I agree with some here as well, in the fact that Edwards' wife needs to SHUT HER MOUTH about the whole thing. If Bush used their dead son's memory as a debate topic, would she make a speech about how using her children was a low blow? You bet your ass she would...to imply that Lynn Cheney is ashamed of her children because she stood up and expressed that Kerry's actions were inappropriate is disgusting.

But watch, liberals will try to twist this into another "it isn't a big deal" issue. No, no, of course not...its never a big deal when the DEMOCRATIC candidate hits entirely below the belt by bringing up his opponent's kid's sex life before the entire nation.

Actually what the comment represents is the Libs and the kerry campaign's willingness to out someone's daughter in a disrespectful way, and at a totally innapropriate time to embarrasse the Cheney family, and as a way to attempt to drive away Bush's conservative base..........It was cheap, underhanded, and stupid, because it is backfiring now as it should. Any intelligent person can see this for what it was.

Bonnie said:
Actually what the comment represents is the Libs and the kerry campaign's willingness to out someone's daughter in a disrespectful way, and at a totally innapropriate time to embarrasse the Cheney family, and as a way to attempt to drive away Bush's conservative base..........It was cheap, underhanded, and stupid, because it is backfiring now as it should. Any intelligent person can see this for what it was.

Maybe it's time for the homosexual and lesbian community to wake up and smell the coffee. The democraps don't give a rats ass about these people. They've just been playing them for votes just like the black community for years. "Hey, just tell them what they want to hear"...

Pale Rider said:
Maybe it's time for the homosexual and lesbian community to wake up and smell the coffee. The democraps don't give a rats ass about these people. They've just been playing them for votes just like the black community for years. "Hey, just tell them what they want to hear"...

That's a fair assumption.. Would it also be fair to say the republicans act the same way? Not giving a shit about the gay community? I ask because I heard no alternatives from Bush on gay marriage. Just a "No".

Merely playing devil's advocate here.

Pale Rider said:

If you really dig down you can also see how stupid the Dems are in this regard, they have no idea what Republicans really stand for. They believe their own rederic that Rep and Conservatives are filled with hate and intolerance for anyone that doesn't conform to a certain kind of thinking or way of life, and that we are just plain stupid. What kerry did just proves that. As if Conservatives are after the debate are really going to think, well Cheney's daughter is gay so I can't vote for Bush now, Ill just have to vote for Kerry..........Just gets worse everyday of this campaign. :cuckoo:

Mainframe said:
That's a fair assumption.. Would it also be fair to say the republicans act the same way? Not giving a shit about the gay community? I ask because I heard no alternatives from Bush on gay marriage. Just a "No".

Merely playing devil's advocate here.

What both Cheney and Bush have said is that it's an issue for states to decide. But that Bush would support an amendment that upholds the definition of Marriage as the union between men and women, however he has no problem with civil unions...........Sounds reasonable to me.

Bonnie said:
What both Cheney and Bush have said is that it's an issue for states to decide. But that Bush would support an amendment that upholds the definition of Marriage as the union between men and women, however he has no problem with civil unions...........Sounds reasonable to me.

what would that civil union entail? just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back