Lynn Cheney Pounds Blitzer

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

Lynn Cheney came on Wolf Blitzer to talk about her new book, but when he couldn't help but take a pot-shot at politics, she absolutely cleaned his clock and called CNN on all their bullcrap.

Here's the last two lines of the transcript.

WOLF: If you are a serious journalist, you want to report the news. Sometimes the news is good, sometimes the news isn't so good.

CHENEY: But wolf, there's a difference between news and terrorist propaganda.

Lynn Cheney came on Wolf Blitzer to talk about her new book, but when he couldn't help but take a pot-shot at politics, she absolutely cleaned his clock and called CNN on all their bullcrap.

(Yawn) One person’s news item is another person’s propaganda piece and one person’s propaganda piece is another person’s news item – particularly when one person is the wife of a politician. I’m unimpressed with this political bickering.

Well I couldn't open the link, but take the source: Wolf, he's all about propaganda and low blows and I believe these are to be expected if you are interviewed by him. Although I could be wrong?

Judging by that transcript, Cheney appears to have started it.

Is that complete, or just a partial?

It's just a partial. I don't have a link to the full transcript, but from what I hear, they started by talking about her book and he took a potshot at her politics or something and her response is the first line of the link.

All she did was parrot the GOP and White House talking points, none of which have anything to do with reality.

Well I couldn't open the link, but take the source: Wolf, he's all about propaganda and low blows and I believe these are to be expected if you are interviewed by him. Although I could be wrong?

And Matt Drudge isn't "...all about propaganda..."? What kool-aid have you been drinking? Drudge is little more than a reliable source for the repetition of GOP spew, unfiltered and unquestioned.

And Matt Drudge isn't "...all about propaganda..."? What kool-aid have you been drinking? Drudge is little more than a reliable source for the repetition of GOP spew, unfiltered and unquestioned.

I'm still wondering why he thinks that was "pounding" Blitzer. Pretty bizarre considering she just repeated the sound bites.

I saw a replay of the interview and Blitzer went after Lynn because of a book she had written "sisters" some 25 years ago. Seems Webb running for Senate in Virginia in defending some of his books lit into Lynn.
Went like this:

WB: Democrats are now complaining bitterly in this Virginia race. George Allen using novels, novels that Jim Webb, his Democratic challenger, has written, in which there are sexual references. And they’re making a big deal out of this. I want you to listen to what Jim Webb said today in responding to this very sharp attack from George Allen.

LC: Now do you promise, Wolf, that we’re going to talk about my book?

WB: I do promise.

LC: Because this seems to me a mighty long trip around the merry-go-round.

WB: I want you to respond. This is in the news today, and your name has come up, so that’s why we’re talking about it. But listen to this:

James Webb: There’s nothing that’s been in any of my novels that in my view, hasn’t been either illuminating the surroundings, or defining a character, or moving a plot. I’m a serious writer. I mean, we can go and read Lynne Cheney’s lesbian love scenes if you want to, you know, get graphic on stuff.

LC: You know, Jim Webb is full of baloney. I have never written anything sexually explicit. His novels are full of sexually explicit references to incest, sexually explicit references…well, you know, I just don’t want my grandchildren to turn on the television set. This morning, Imus was reading from the novels, and it’s triple X rated.

WB: Here’s what the Democratic Party put out today, the Democratic Congressional Senatorial Campaign Committee. Lynne Cheney’s book featured brothels and attempted rape. In 1981, Vice President Dick Cheney’s wife, Lynne, wrote a book called Sisters, which featured a lesbian love affair, brothels, and attempted rapes. In 1988, Lynne Cheney wrote about a Republican Vice President who dies of a heart attack while having sex with his mistress. Is that true?

LC: Nothing explicit. And actually, that is full of lies. It’s not…it’s just absolutely not true.

WB: But you did write a book entitled Sisters.

LC: I did write a book entitled Sisters. This description…

WB: And it did have lesbian characters.

LC: No, not necessarily. This description is a lie. I’ll stand on that.

WB: There is nothing in there about rapes and brothels?

LC: Wolf, Wolf, could we talk about a children’s book for a minute?

WB: We can talk about the children’s book. But I just wanted to…

LC: I think our segment is like 15 minutes long, and we’ve now done ten minutes, so…

WB: I just wanted to clarify what’s in the news today, give you a…

LC: Sex, lies and distortion. That’s what it is.

WB: This is an opportunity for you to explain on these sensitive issues.

LC: Wolf, I have nothing to explain. Jim Webb has a lot to explain.

Then she lit into Wolf. Lynn's right and CNN has become a cesspool of Anti-American propaganda. Showing an enemies film of their killing of an American borders on Treason.

(Yawn) One person’s news item is another person’s propaganda piece and one person’s propaganda piece is another person’s news item – particularly when one person is the wife of a politician. I’m unimpressed with this political bickering.

Then go away. It isn't like you'll be missed.

come on dude she smoked him

Come on guys, he is doing an interview...he is at her mercy. If he didn't have a job on the line he could say: Fuck the children's book, answer my god damn question.

And let's not forget Ms. Cheney's book where the VPOTUS dies of a heart attack while bumpin' uglies with a prostitute. Sounds like the Cheney's have some issues with their own marriage.

The key word is EXPLICIT. There's a difference between saying someone died while making love to his mistress, and saying a grown man inserted the boys penis in his mouth...I think if you can't see the difference in that then you need therapy.

The key word is EXPLICIT. There's a difference between saying someone died while making love to his mistress, and saying a grown man inserted the boys penis in his mouth...I think if you can't see the difference in that then you need therapy.

unfortunately many would see the difference had this been a "republican" to write Webb's book. Bully would be leading the way for the removal of the immoral bastard, permanently. Instead his righteous crusade for the truth has allowed him to throw a blind eye to this kind of behaviour because it doesnt fit with the agenda of "impeaching chimpy."

As for Lynn Cheney, do you think that friends of CNN (i.e. Democrat pundits, Democrats, and liberals that bash Bush) would have been asked about non related items when plugging their books or rather would they have been given 15 minute infomercials on how great their book is and why America has to buy it? Lynn Cheney probably knew what she was getting into. She knew she was going to get sidetracked but she handled it well.

There's a difference between fiction and reality, which is clearly lost on the George Allen campaign, in particular, and the GOP in general. Mark Foley was preying on real people...not writing fictionalized accounts of such actions. Get over it.

There's a difference between fiction and reality, which is clearly lost on the George Allen campaign, in particular, and the GOP in general. Mark Foley was preying on real people...not writing fictionalized accounts of such actions. Get over it.

Exactly who did Mark Foley prey upon?

New Topics

Forum List

Back