Lyn Cheney takes on left wing over waterboarding & WINS!

That would be, I imagine the same amount of time it took him to saw the head off Daniel Pearl. He got away cheap.

Yes, because the actions of terrorists are what we should base our actions on. It makes perfect sense.
YES! We should torture anyone that MIGHT be a terrorist. It all makes sense to me now. Some fucktard cut off Daniel Pearl's head so we should throw our values down the drain and torture anyone we please.

That would be, I imagine the same amount of time it took him to saw the head off Daniel Pearl. He got away cheap.

Yes, because the actions of terrorists are what we should base our actions on. It makes perfect sense.
YES! We should torture anyone that MIGHT be a terrorist. It all makes sense to me now. Some fucktard cut off Daniel Pearl's head so we should throw our values down the drain and torture anyone we please.

"…our Administration gave intelligence officers the tools and lawful authority they needed to gain vital information. We didn't invent that authority. It is drawn from Article Two of the Constitution. And it was given specificity by the Congress after 9/11, in a Joint Resolution authorizing "all necessary and appropriate force" to protect the American people."
RAW DATA: Text of Dick Cheney's National Security Speech at AEI - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

A very silly comparison.

KSM walked away.

Did Daniel Pearl?
you're the one who made the comparison. You're the one who brought it up.

I would rather the horrors that terrorists commit have no part in the consideration of what should be permissible in our own justice system.

A very silly comparison.

KSM walked away.

Did Daniel Pearl?

I would rather the horrors that terrorists commit have no part in the consideration of what should be permissible in our own justice system.

what should be the punishment be for a murderer.....a bullet...a noose...a needle...a cell.....water up your nose....

A very silly comparison.

KSM walked away.

Did Daniel Pearl?

The message that escapes you and Rati and Ray and the rest on the wrong side of this issue is that, even if you call it torture, which I do not, the talking point is simply to allow you to feel somehow morally superior to those of us on the right side. Take 'right' any way you wish.

The Democrat Spin Machine, a different office than the Democrat Smear Machine office just down the hall, comes up with these tales to keep you voting their way.

Take a gander at this one:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4CWk5LfoH0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4CWk5LfoH0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

When will you see that you are being played?

think we should try all those soldiers that illegally tortured our troops in SEER training, what ya think DUMB ASS?

If that is a serious question, you really are a dumbass retired.:cuckoo:

Read real slowly because that's the way I am typing so even you understand::eusa_whistle:

We prepare our troops to resist torture by simulating torture, dumbass just like we train them to survive off the land if they need to.

Like I said your side is totally denial impaired on this issue.

IF WATER BOARDING IS TORTURE, then it is illegal, PERIOD. We must now find and try all those people involved in ILLEGAL torture. You can dress it up ANYWAY you want, but if it is illegal we don't get to practice it on OUR people for ANY reason. PRETTY DAMN SIMPLE CONCEPT, even a fucking DUMB ASS like you gets it, but if you admit it, you know you have lost.

But lets PLAY your ignorant game, shall we? HOW do they "simulate" water boarding?

Last I checked it is not Illegal to live off the land. Nor to hold captives. IT is according to you RETARDS illegal to water board. ANYONE water boarding on the order of the Government is , according to YOUR LOGIC, committing torture. And the excuse they were ordered to do it does not apply since YOU claim it is a clear cut settled case.

If YOU want to be taken seriously QUIT making IGNORANT claims that fall flat as soon as Light is shown on them.

But lets PLAY your ignorant game, shall we? HOW do they "simulate" water boarding?

Let's play your blind game. You know they really aren't going to kill you because you are on the same side. Cheney's argument is total bullshit.

Honestly, retired, if that doesnt' make sense, I don't know how else to explain it to you. We have used this kind of training for a long time to prepare you to resist the enemy. But you always know that they won't kill you because they are Americans just like you. That very knowledge makes a large difference.

Pouring water down your nose and making you feel like you are drowning is torture. Please, if the Catholic Church used it during the Inquisition, they knew what they were doing. They always got a confession or a drowned innocent person.:lol:

Pretty soon your side will be justifying dunking terrorist witches in the water to see if they drown or not.:evil:

A very silly comparison.

KSM walked away.

Did Daniel Pearl?

The message that escapes you and Rati and Ray and the rest on the wrong side of this issue is that, even if you call it torture, which I do not, the talking point is simply to allow you to feel somehow morally superior to those of us on the right side. Take 'right' any way you wish.

The Democrat Spin Machine, a different office than the Democrat Smear Machine office just down the hall, comes up with these tales to keep you voting their way.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4CWk5LfoH0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4CWk5LfoH0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Oh my,,, oh my!

Let's play your blind game. You know they really aren't going to kill you because you are on the same side. Cheney's argument is total bullshit.

Honestly, retired, if that doesnt' make sense, I don't know how else to explain it to you. We have used this kind of training for a long time to prepare you to resist the enemy. But you always know that they won't kill you because they are Americans just like you. That very knowledge makes a large difference.

Pouring water down your nose and making you feel like you are drowning is torture. Please, if the Catholic Church used it during the Inquisition, they knew what they were doing. They always got a confession or a drowned innocent person.:lol:

Pretty soon your side will be justifying dunking terrorist witches in the water to see if they drown or not.:evil:

In other words when we do it to our troops it magically is not torture, but if we do it to someone else, it is? Great fucking logic. You haven't a leg to stand on.

Political, it has nothing to do with being morally superior. It has to do with following the rule of law or not. If you don't, you become a terrorist.

Cheney paniced after their screwup in ignoring Al Quaeda prior to 9-11. He has never recovered from that and I believe he really believes what he is saying today. He has to believe this or other wise admit he and Bush screwed up and ignored the warnings of Bin Laden Determined to Attack in the US.

If a Dem did this, I would still condemn it because it's wrong.

I know it's been said before, but we executed Japanese for waterboarding and they weren't all the hose down the throat crap.

Political, it has nothing to do with being morally superior. It has to do with following the rule of law or not. If you don't, you become a terrorist.

Cheney paniced after their screwup in ignoring Al Quaeda prior to 9-11. He has never recovered from that and I believe he really believes what he is saying today. He has to believe this or other wise admit he and Bush screwed up and ignored the warnings of Bin Laden Determined to Attack in the US.

I know it's been said before, but we executed Japanese for waterboarding and they weren't all the hose down the throat crap.

A Dem IGNORED Bin Laden for 7 YEARS. Remind us how outraged you are about that?

And again if the LAW is that water boarding is torture, then you can not claim we can do it to OUR troops and still be a country of LAWS. Doesn't work that way.

In other words when we do it to our troops it magically is not torture, but if we do it to someone else, it is? Great fucking logic. You haven't a leg to stand on.

No, not when it is part of a training program to prepare you for possible capture. You really don't get it, do you?

Your legs are really the wobbly ones.

No, not when it is part of a training program to prepare you for possible capture. You really don't get it, do you?

Wait using your logic we should actually SHOOT our troops in training to PREPARE them for battle, after all if we attach "training " to it it is now legal, right?

Wait using your logic we should actually SHOOT our troops in training to PREPARE them for battle, after all if we attach "training " to it it is now legal, right?

I do not think that would be as effective a program.

What law would that be?

A very silly comparison.

KSM walked away.

Did Daniel Pearl?

where is the dem outrage? where are the accusations that he is appealing to emotion? oh yeah, he has a D next to his name....

No offense, Yurt, but you seem to be getting dumber by the day with these remarks.

it was a question...but then you're so smart you would know that...

your failure to answer the question speaks volumes, you usually resort to stupid ad homs when you can't answer a question for fear it pokes holes in a comment or theory you made....(yawn)

you asked what if there is no information to be "gotten"....

are you actually suggesting that my question has no bearing or relation to yours? if so, kindly explain why instead of wussing out with your trypical one line ad homs...
lol...you are the one that wussed out by bringing up a non-sequitur to avoid answering the quesiton.

i really hoped you wouldn't wuss out....pity....

it is apparent you have no clue what a non-sequitur is...you said...what if there was nothing to be "gotten"...IOW, you questioned would they still use enhanced techiques even IF there is a chance there is nothing to be "gotten"....asking if you would still incarcerate people KNOWING that innocent people get incarcerated is not a non-sequitur, it is virtually identical and at a minimum, highly analogous. please, stop the bullshit, especially when you don't even understand what the word means....

of course i would still pursue the action, just as we pursue locking people up, sometimes, unfortunately, the innocent are wronged...

now, let's see the brave ravi finally answer the question, given an innocent might go to jail, do you want to do away with incarceration?

Last edited:
where is the dem outrage? where are the accusations that he is appealing to emotion? oh yeah, he has a D next to his name....

I am outraged, he is appealing to emotion, and essentially bought what was sold to him. The fact that he's a democrat is meaningless. He is still wrong.

He is wrong in both a sense of practicality and a sense of principle. He's creating a doomsday scenario to justify torture, when such a scenario is neither likely nor best responded to with torture. His argument is, essentially, "if a really bad thing was going to happen, wouldn't you do anything, break any law, violate any principle, to stop it from happening?"

The answer is, as it has always been for civilized societies, "no."

Forum List

Back