Lyn Cheney takes on left wing over waterboarding & WINS!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, May 22, 2009.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,172
    Lynn Cheney--takes on Good Morning American & Anderson Cooper over waterboarding & WINS!

I couldn't believe it--when I heard it. During interviews on these programs--she was literally surrounded by left wing reporters--asking her why Dick Cheney stated yesterday that waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attack was LEGAL. Which is what he said.

She immediately cut them off--& stated did you hear new attorney general Eric Holder responses to questions from the senate last week regarding waterboarding?

Two senators stated that we train our navy seals for interrogation & use waterboarding on them. The question was asked: Mr. Holder--are you suggesting that we are torturing our soldiers? Then discussion came up under the law regarding torture--that torture is defined as "intent to HARM to the individual". Eric Holder did not know how to respond to this. They had him so twisted up in knots--it was hillarious.

Lynn Cheney stopped the left wing--RIGHT IN IT'S TRACKS. :clap2:

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

I'm sure the rats just went underground to get their picks and shovels,, Lyn Cheney will be the new target for this month!

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    I watched that pissant keith olberman last night,, I thought he was going to choke on his spittle! vewy amusing!

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    It seems she only won the debate because her opponents were unwilling to assert that yes we have water-boarded, and therefore tortured, our own soldiers.

5. Pyrite

Pyrite Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    It's too bad she was apparently fighting an unarmed opponent in a battle of wits.

see, I would have said: "Yes, we are torturing our soldiers to prepare them for the possibility that they might be captured and illegally tortured by our enemies. Why do you think the SEER program was developed, to experiment with breathing exercises?"

6. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    if torture is illegal, and you claim we are torturing out soldiers, is that not illegal?

7. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    Stupid argument. We don't shoot soldiers to prepare them for the battlefield which is tantamount to your argument. If it were torture, we wouldn't do it to our soldiers. The only torturing going on here is you torturing logic to arrive at the outcome you desire.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I made the same point Lynn did. But, she is an extremely smart and quick individual and more than a match for any of the knuckleheads on TV.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  8. Pyrite

Pyrite Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    So, what was the SEER program for, then? perhaps we were helping our soldiers learn to swim?

9. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    SEER is just what it says.

Survival
    Escape
    Evasion
    Resistance

SEER training is for many reasons and in different focus areas. It is taken by pilots, in case they are required to eject over enemy territory. It's used by combat arms personnel as they are the ones most likely to find themselves on the wrong side of the FEBA. On and on.

It gives you a doctor's degree in the Code of Conduct. It gives you passing familiarity with elements of the Ranger Handbook especially in the Survival and Evasion areas. It is the obligation of every soldier (or whichever service) to attempt to escape if captured. SEER training introduces some tools to accomplish this. Resistance provides a real world patina to the Code of Conduct's requirements limit the intelligence gathering of the enemy. The old name, rank and serial number is no longer the limitation, but that doesn't mean you go blabbing everything you know either. Nor does it mean you give what you know up without a fight. Resistance training provides tools for the soldier to use to slow enemy efforts to obtain information from you.

For instance, before my dad went to Vietnam, they had a forerunner to SEER. One of the TO&E pieces of equipment that commonly went to the field with US troops was the TA-312 field telephone. It had a crank which produced an electrical charge and caused a distant phone to ring. During his training the wires were connected to various parts of the body and the crank turned. The electrical voltage was about 3.5 volts. Uncomfortable, but not damaging.

During my service the same phone was in service as well as the TA-1. It was another field telephone but it produced 7 volts of electricity. We were told this could not be used to induce cooperation during questioning.

In other words, there is more than just waterboarding that occurs in SEER training.

10. Pyrite

Pyrite Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well, yes, and I didn't mean to oversimplify it, but the waterboarding and similar things, the whole point of them, was to prepare special forces guys for the possibility that they might be tortured.