Lying Brainwashing Christians

Kathianne said:
Seriously, I think any topic that a significant percentage of the students or facualty wish to have addressed should be. ID qualifies for that. My initial take is that it will be brought over the coals and be shown to be psuedo science. But then again, science is not my field. Does that answer that part of the question?

My problem with you is that you want NO discussion. Just dismiss based on YOUR belief system. That is just wrong.

Well at least you realize that it is pseudoscience. And now for the absolute crippling slaughter of every definition that you just looked up.

I put your definitions in bold. The recurring theme is a problem of data collection.

* n principles and procedures for the systematic pursuit of knowledge involving the recognition and formulation of a problem, the collection of data through observation and experiment, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses

You can’t collect metaphysical data. This rules out ID

* the 'tool' that scientists use to find the answer to questions (The Scientific Method allows scientists to solve complicated problems by taking a series of smaller steps:

This is vague because they don’t outline the smaller steps. I’d be guessing that one of them is collecting data.

* the step by step process by which scientists investigate hypotheses using experiments

If you find a way in which we can experiment with supernatural invisible beings then let me know. I’m all ears.

* A procedure used by scientists to test hypotheses by making predictions about the outcome of an experiment before the experiment is performed. The results provide support or refutation of the hypothesis.

Well since we can’t actually do the experiment I’d go out on a limb and say that predicting the outcome might be difficult. And since we can’t actually do it the last sentence can’t happen. There would be nothing to support or refute your hypothesis

* A process that is the basis for scientific inquiry. The scientific method follows a series of steps: (1) identify a problem you would like to solve, (2) formulate a hypothesis, (3) test the hypothesis, (4) collect and analyze the data, (5) make conclusions.

Well we can’t do 3 or 4 so that rules out 5 as well. So you can do 1 and 2.

* the means of science by which phenomena are observed, hypotheses are tested, and conclusions are drawn.

We’re stuck with that whole impossible testing thing again so looks like we’re SOL(shit out of luck)

* The process of conducting scientific inquiry.

Well this is vague but I guess you could do this with ID

* The set of rules used to guide science, based on the idea that scientific laws be continually tested, and modified or replaced if found inadequate.

Nope can’t do that one either. Damn this sucks

* orderly process by which theories are developed, tested, and either verified or disproved.

Can’t do that one either

* A systematic approach to observing phenomena, drawing conclusions and testing hypotheses.

Negative captain. We can’t do that either

* Systematic approach of observation, hypothesis formation, hypothesis testing and hypothesis evaluation that forms the basis for modern science.

Nope

* A method for doing science based on the assumption that all true knowledge is verifiable using empirical evidence. Well-ordered, successive stages--defining a research problem, constructing hypotheses, data gathering and analysis, and prediction of facts--are outlined.

No we can’t do that with ID either

* Systematic methods used in scientific investigations of the natural world, which include designing controlled experiments, gathering data, and developing and testing hypotheses.

No we can’t do that either. And take special notice of natural world in the definition

* procedure scientists use to gain knowledge about the physical universe

Well if they would have said metaphysical instead of physical I would have given you this one

* the procedure scientists follow to understand the natural world 1) the observation of phenomena or the results of experiments; (2) the formulation of hypotheses that describe these phenomena and that are consistent with the body of knowledge available; (3) the testing of these hypotheses by noting whether or not they adequately predict and describe new phenomena or the results of new experiments; (4) the modification or rejection of hypotheses that are not confirmed by observations or ...

No can’t do this one either

* is a procedure for conducting research that states that a testable hypothesis should be verifiable and the results repeatable

Can’t do this one either

* An approach that can be used to discover accurate information. It includes the following steps: conceptualize the problem, collect data, draw conclusions, and revise research conclusions and theory.

Nope

* a plan of inquiry that uses science process skills as tools to gather, organize, analyze, and communicate information

* a method of investigation involving observation and theory to test scientific hypotheses

Did you notice how they use THEORIES to test things? This should be the ultimate slap in the face for people who say that something is “just a theory”

* A scientific method or process is considered fundamental to the scientific investigation and acquisition of new knowledge based upon physical evidence. Scientists use observations, hypotheses and deductions to propose explanations for natural phenomena in the form of theories. Predictions from these theories are tested by experiment. If a prediction turns out to be correct, the theory survives. Any theory which is cogent enough to make predictions can then be tested reproducibly in this way. ...

Well we can’t test anything so we’re screwed again

Sorry Kathianne but you just spent a lot of time looking up as many definitions as possible and ID doesn’t fit into any of them. It seems that the limiting factor is data collection. You can’t collect supernatural data so you have literally nothing to test. You probably just helped me prove my point. Thanks.

Speaking of Christians and HIV....

Fact.... 25% of the world's HIV victims are being taken care of by the Catholic Church (a CHRISTIAN organization)....

Speaking of a dangerous religion...

Fact...slavery is still practiced in Africa (by Moslems)...

Fact... child prostitution is widely practiced in South East Asia which has the 2nd largest Moslem population in the world....

Fact...Moslems are killing Christians, other Moslems and Jews primarily in the Middle East, but also in Africa

Fact...three Christian girls were deliberately beheaded in Indonesia by a band of Moslems and the Christian response was minimal.... three Moslem youth accidentally electrocute themselves while fleeing from the Paris police and 300 cities in Europe get torched....

Fact... Moslems were responsible for the worst attack on America.....

Fact... Moslems have been responsible for kidnapping, terrorizing and killing Christian missionaries

Fact... If the Moslems win the War on Terror... there WILL be a Theocratic Fascist State in this country and we WILL be plunged back into the Dark Ages.... the issue of whether science gets taught at all in school will be a non sequitur

I agree with all of the above statements or at least trust that they are factual. But this has little to do with the subject at hand. We are talking about people lying about science or spreading junk science. How did we ever get on this crazy AIDS shit?

Powerman said:
I agree with all of the above statements or at least trust that they are factual. But this has little to do with the subject at hand. We are talking about people lying about science or spreading junk science. How did we ever get on this crazy AIDS shit?

We got on this crazy AIDS shit when I said that there is a lot of other junk science with more serious consequences and are also being taught as being true.....

Frankly, there are religious fanatics who are a threat to our country, but they're not Christians, they're Moslem....

KarlMarx said:
We got on this crazy AIDS shit when I said that there is a lot of other junk science with more serious consequences and are also being taught as being true.....

Frankly, there are religious fanatics who are a threat to our country, but they're not Christians, they're Moslem....

Right they definitely post a threat that is much much greater. I would be a dumbass to even argue that. I'm just saying that I don't think that we should bend to appease to fundamentalists of any religion. I wouldn't be against a comparative religion class taught in public schools as an elective but I just don't see the point of people trying to push junk science into the classroom. They did it in Kansas so it can happen anywhere.

Powerman said:
Right they definitely post a threat that is much much greater. I would be a dumbass to even argue that. I'm just saying that I don't think that we should bend to appease to fundamentalists of any religion. I wouldn't be against a comparative religion class taught in public schools as an elective but I just don't see the point of people trying to push junk science into the classroom. They did it in Kansas so it can happen anywhere.
As I said before ... this wouldn't be a problem if the government just got out of the education business. Parents should be able to decide which school to send their children(and should be able to afford to send them, which is why school vouchers are a good idea, IMO)

KarlMarx said:
As I said before ... this wouldn't be a problem if the government just got out of the education business. Parents should be able to decide which school to send their children(and should be able to afford to send them, which is why school vouchers are a good idea, IMO)

I agree. Everything the government touches goes to shit. If by chance I wind up staying here I'll probably send my kids to a Catholic school or other private school because the public education here is worthless. I'm for the complete privatization of public schools. The govt. should in no way be involved in teaching anything. Maybe they could set some standards to be met or something but that's it. And they need to be set high. More importantly parents need to get involved with their kids education.

Powerman said:
I agree. Everything the government touches goes to shit. If by chance I wind up staying here I'll probably send my kids to a Catholic school or other private school because the public education here is worthless. I'm for the complete privatization of public schools. The govt. should in no way be involved in teaching anything. Maybe they could set some standards to be met or something but that's it. And they need to be set high. More importantly parents need to get involved with their kids education.
Do NOT send your kids to Catholic schools, we have enough problems dealing with parents that 'believe' but do not practice. I personally do not want to deal with an atheis's child, don't go there.

Kathianne said:
Do NOT send your kids to Catholic schools, we have enough problems dealing with parents that 'believe' but do not practice. I personally do not want to deal with an atheis's child, don't go there.

Wouldn't you rather someone who admitted they didn't believe? We had children of other faiths such as Hinduism at the Catholic School I went to. What's the problem? Why do you want to discriminate?

Powerman said:
Wouldn't you rather someone who admitted they didn't believe? We had children of other faiths such as Hinduism at the Catholic School I went to. What's the problem? Why do you want to discriminate?

LOL. Only in America could one ask a Catholic parochial school teacher if they are discriminating against Hindus and others. :321:

Kathianne said:
LOL. Only in America could one ask a Catholic parochial school teacher if they are discriminating against Hindus and others. :321:

Well I understand that if there is perhaps a waiting list that you would want to take catholics first. But otherwise what is the problem with educating a hindu at a catholic school? One of our best students in my class was Hindu. When yuo have smart students it reflects positively on your school.

Powerman said:
Well I understand that if there is perhaps a waiting list that you would want to take catholics first. But otherwise what is the problem with educating a hindu at a catholic school? One of our best students in my class was Hindu. When yuo have smart students it reflects positively on your school.

Waitng list at our school too. No need to deal with Islamics, as we have enough problems dealing with 'Catholics' who choose not to go to church.

Kathianne said:
Waitng list at our school too. No need to deal with Islamics, as we have enough problems dealing with 'Catholics' who choose not to go to church.

Oh well. I didn't say you had to let the Islamics in lol. I was talking about the Hindus. They seem pretty decent most of the time.

KarlMarx said:
I see where this is going.... we'll come up with a boatload of analogies, but you'll exclude them all as being bad... apparently, you've reserved the right (at least in your mind) to determine what is and what isn't a valid analogy...

Actually, in each case I've pointed out why your analogy is bad. Its not really my fault that you keep coming up with bad analogies. Flying airplanes and pointing guns to your head isn't like the desire to have sex. Eating is like the desire to have sex. Perhaps you should come up an analogy involving eating.

Kathianne said:
Seriously, I think any topic that a significant percentage of the students or facualty wish to have addressed should be. ID qualifies for that. My initial take is that it will be brought over the coals and be shown to be psuedo science. But then again, science is not my field. Does that answer that part of the question?

My problem with you is that you want NO discussion. Just dismiss based on YOUR belief system. That is just wrong.

Its already been shown to be a pseudo-science.

If a significant percentage of the population believed in voodoo, should we discuss that in our science classrooms, too?

Science classrooms are not open forums for the discussion of any and everything under the Sun. They are forums for the discussion of science. ID is not a science and its already been explained to you in black and white on numerous occassions why it isn't a science. We don't have to wait for it to be shown to not be a science - it just isn't.. It either a) requires the existance of a God, in which case, not a science, or b) requires a non-God intelligent designer, which according to itself must have been designed, leading to logical inconsistency, hence, not a science, not to mention the fact it isn't empirically verifiable.

ID does NOT predict what kinds of fossils will be found in the fossil record. In fact, it makes no predictions whatsoever about what kinds of observations will be made. That is the entire POINT of a scientific theory.

If you want to have the students debate the validities of Darwininian gradualism versus Gould's punctuated equilibrium, or even Lamarck, FINE, then we're having a discussion about competing SCIENTIFIC theories.

KarlMarx said:
Speaking of Christians and HIV....

Fact.... 25% of the world's HIV victims are being taken care of by the Catholic Church (a CHRISTIAN organization)....

Speaking of a dangerous religion...

Fact...slavery is still practiced in Africa (by Moslems)...

Fact... child prostitution is widely practiced in South East Asia which has the 2nd largest Moslem population in the world....

Fact...Moslems are killing Christians, other Moslems and Jews primarily in the Middle East, but also in Africa

Fact...three Christian girls were deliberately beheaded in Indonesia by a band of Moslems and the Christian response was minimal.... three Moslem youth accidentally electrocute themselves while fleeing from the Paris police and 300 cities in Europe get torched....

Fact... Moslems were responsible for the worst attack on America.....

Fact... Moslems have been responsible for kidnapping, terrorizing and killing Christian missionaries

Fact... If the Moslems win the War on Terror... there WILL be a Theocratic Fascist State in this country and we WILL be plunged back into the Dark Ages.... the issue of whether science gets taught at all in school will be a non sequitur

Since when did this become the "inciting hatred against Moslems" discussion group? Take your bigotted ramblings to another thread, you can round up the Moslems for detainment there.

mom4 said:
I guess the pivotal phrase to explore here is this: and the rate would have been greater in the past.

Uniformitarianism is an outdated scientific theory.
This goes both ways though.
3.Because sedimentation usually occurs slowly today, it is assumed that is must have always occurred that way. And if this is so, then the rock layers must have formed over vast ages. This is a simplification of what philosophy? (104)

Uniformitarianism.
8.Give several examples pointing to a young Earth.

* red blood cells and hemoglobin have been found in some dinosaur bone (these could not have lasted more than a few thousand years)
* the Earth’s magnetic field has been decaying so fast that it couldn’t be more than about 10,000 years old.
* Helium is pouring into the atmosphere from radioactive decay, but not much is escaping. The total amount in the atmosphere is only 1/2000th of what would be expected if the atmosphere were billions of years old.
* salt is pouring into the sea much faster than it is escaping, but the sea is not nearly salty enough for this to have been happening for billions of years.
Link
Every example above, except the first, assumes uniformitarianism which is extremely ironic since they bring it up 5 points earlier as an argument against old earth theory.

SpidermanTuba said:
Since when did this become the "inciting hatred against Moslems" discussion group? Take your bigotted ramblings to another thread, you can round up the Moslems for detainment there.
That's rich...considering that the title of this thread is entitled "Lying Brainwashing Christians". I'm inclined to ask since when did this become the inciting hatred against Christians Group? Are you concerned that my post will drive all the snake handling bible thumpers out there to riot like the Moslems did in Paris?

We have a poster on this board who regularly spews white supremacy and anti-Semitism and not a peep out of you. Then, in defense of Christianity, I post a few facts about some of the things Moslems have done around the world, and now I'm Hitler lite.

Oh yes, I forgot, anti-semitism has become the Left's new fashion statement. And, of course, Christian-bashing has never gone out of style, in fact, it's trés chic, mon ami!

Bashing Christians is acceptable and de rigour in some circles. But by God don't anyone say anything about the Moslems or any other group belonging to another relgion!!! Why!...why!... that's... BIGOTRY !!!!!(GASP!). Frankly, I'm sick of the attitude.

And if the "detainment" remark you made refers to those animals that we have down in Gitmo, let me remind you that many of them would slit your throat and your family's as soon as look at you. Further they would think nothing of driving an jet plane full of innocent people into a hospital, skyscraper or a school full of kids and, in fact, would consider it an honor. All because we're nothing more than Americans and infidels to them. Someone else is more deserving of your sympathy.

KarlMarx said:
And since when did this become the inciting hatred against Christians Group? Are you afraid that my post will drive all the snake handling bible thumpers out there to riot like the Moslems did in Paris?

We have a poster on this board who regularly spews white supremacy and anti-Semitism and not a peep out of you. Then, in defense of Christianity, I post a few facts about some of the things Moslems have done around the world, and now I'm Hitler lite.

Oh yes, I forgot, anti-semitism has become the Left's new fashion statement. And, of course, Christian-bashing has never gone out of style, in fact, it's trés chic, mon ami!

When someone bashes Christians, it's acceptable and de rigour in some circles. But by God don't anyone say anything about the Moslems or any other relgious group!!! Why!...why!... that's... BIGOTRY !!!!!(GASP!). Frankly, I'm sick of the attitude.

And if the "detainment" remark you made refers to those animals that we have down in Gitmo, let me remind you that many of them would slit your throat and your family's as soon as look at you. Further they would think nothing of driving an jet plane full of innocent people into a hospital, skyscraper or a school full of kids and, in fact, would consider it an honor. All because we're nothing more than Americans and infidels to them. Someone else is more deserving of your sympathy.

If the poster in question that you are talking about is "confidence" then I understand your point. He is easily the most absurd, logic deprived, stupid fucking moslem I've ever seen in my life. But he is in no way representative of every person who happens to disagree with fundamentalist Christian ideals. He is a flamer(in the message board sense, not the sexual orientation sense) and should be completely ignored.

You would get your points accoss much better(in my opinion) if you completely ignored the fact that this person even existed and just address the points of the rational people who post here. We all know he is a flaming dirty muslim piece of dung. You're preaching to the choir.

SpidermanTuba said:

Oh, you can just shut your little rhetoric spewing mouth about this bullcrap. On 9/11, not a SINGLE Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Hindu, Shintoist, Pagan, Wiccan, Taoist, Rastafarian, or Atheist flew a plane into a building or started dancing in the streets over the deaths of thousands of people. Who was it doing that? Bible-thumpers? Those horrible, conspiring, greedy Jews? No! Every single last one was a frickin' Muslim, and nearly all Arab Muslims would as soon slit your throat as look at you. Islam is one of the most violent threats we have ever faced, but you and your ilk would rather go beat Christians in the head for daring to take religion outside their own homes when most Christian institutions are charities, not armies.

Oh sure, beat up on the racist Christian. After all, anybody who works homeless shelters, gives generously to charity, and does relief work in foreign countries must be nothing but a dirty, evil racist. In the meantime, if an entire religion declares war on us, we should give all of them a free pass in the name of religious tolerance. Yeah, well where's the frickin' tolerance for Christians?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back