Lying Brainwashing Christians

KarlMarx said:
Sorry that I derailed the topic... I was trying to make a point, but I guess it got lost in the translation... to try and make up for it, here's a link to Wikipedia on "irreducible complexity"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreducible_complexity

Karl
This is the part from your link that I think completely neuters the irreducible complexity argument.
Evolution can act to simplify as well as to complicate. This raises the possibility that apparently irreducibly complex biological features may have been achieved with a period of increasing complexity, followed by a period of simplification. By analogy, stone arches are irreducibly complex — if you remove any stone the arch will collapse — yet we build them easily enough, one stone at a time, by building over scaffolding that is removed afterward. Similarly, naturally occurring arches of stone are formed by weathering away bits of stone from a large concretion that has formed previously.
I can't say it any better than that.

HorhayAtAMD said:
This is the part from your link that I think completely neuters the irreducible complexity argument.

So we can officially say that irreducible complexity is no longer a valid argument. If you are anti-evolution and use this argument you should expect to be called out on it because it has no merit.

Well folks I'm going bowling. Wish me luck! :dance:

KarlMarx said:
If Evolution, at least the way I was taught it, is correct, then we should expect to see at least some minor differences between those remains and us.

A couple thousand years is a blink of the eye as far as evolution of complex species like humans go.

SpidermanTuba said:
A couple thousand years is a blink of the eye as far as evolution of complex species like humans go.
I believe that even in that short time, humans are getting taller and women are reaching puberty faster.

HorhayAtAMD said:
I believe that even in that short time, humans are getting taller and women are reaching puberty faster.

Correct. But we are still anatomically identical in the sense that we are the same species.

HorhayAtAMD said:

THe tallness is not to due with genetics though, but with the improvement of our general health. Probably the puberty thing is related to that as well.

HorhayAtAMD said:

"Quote:
Evolution can act to simplify as well as to complicate. This raises the possibility that apparently irreducibly complex biological features may have been achieved with a period of increasing complexity, followed by a period of simplification. By analogy, stone arches are irreducibly complex — if you remove any stone the arch will collapse — yet we build them easily enough, one stone at a time, by building over scaffolding that is removed afterward. Similarly, naturally occurring arches of stone are formed by weathering away bits of stone from a large concretion that has formed previously.
"

so there should be some naturally formed arches that are not distinguishable from man made ones. Yet oddly enough, there dont appear to be any. In fact, stone hedge gives rise to the idea that some things are "obviously" created by an intelligent being, on purpose.

LuvRPgrl said:
"Quote:
"

so there should be some naturally formed arches that are not distinguishable from man made ones. Yet oddly enough, there dont appear to be any. In fact, stone hedge gives rise to the idea that some things are "obviously" created by an intelligent being, on purpose.

Actually a naturally formed stone arch is easily determined to be a natural phenomena and is not 'indistinguishable' from the man-made arch.

no1tovote4 said:
Actually a naturally formed stone arch is easily determined to be a natural phenomena and is not 'indistinguishable' from the man-made arch.

If its not indistinquishable, then how do we know its naturally formed?
How do we know intelligent beings created stonehedge?

LuvRPgrl said:

Based on observation and reasoned expectation. I couldn't tell you off hand exactly who created the Camaro but based on my knowledge of every day things I'd say that it was created by a person and didn't just magically pop up like that.

LuvRPgrl said:

If something is not 'indistinguishable' it means that it is easily distinguished to be either man-made or a natural occurance. In other word, easy to tell the difference. I was attempting to agree with you while also quoting the guys previous post.

no1tovote4 said:
If something is not 'indistinguishable' it means that it is easily distinguished to be either man-made or a natural occurance. In other word, easy to tell the difference. I was attempting to agree with you while also quoting the guys previous post.

Opppps, I mis read, my mistake. Thanks for the "kindly" response. :)

its a double negative "not indistinguishable" so it fooled me.

Forum List

Back