Lyin Ted introduces term limits bill

That's awesome.
Of course, the better option would always be that our voters weren't complete fucking morons
"I hate this but I will vote for him/her anyways. God bless my party"

• Banned
senators who have been around since the hoover administration aren't gonna vote to remove themselves from office, folks.

Last edited:
If Lyin Ted is concerned about term limits, why doesn't he just refuse to run after his second term?

senators who have been around since the hoover administration aren't gonna vote to remove themselves from office, folks.
Yeah.

I'll give Cruz credit for at least tossing it out there.

If Trump and some Republicans really want this, the game plan would be to introduce it, put it to a vote, and then go after via primaries for republicans and the general election for democrats those who voted against it during the midterms. it gives a populist option to people to maybe vote against the incumbents for once.

That would take an amendment to the Constitution to actually effect just as it took one to set a presidential term limit. Term limits aren't going to sail through the ratification process as did the 26th Amendment.

The hardest part would be the votes in the legislature. The State by State vote would probably be much easier. Think of all the State level politicians who would now have a chance for federal level positions every 10 to 12 years.

Yeah. I'll give Cruz credit for at least tossing it out there..
If Trump and some Republicans really want this, the game plan would be to introduce it, put it to a vote, and then go after via primaries for republicans and the general election for democrats those who voted against it during the midterms. it gives a populist option to people to maybe vote against the incumbents for once.
Boy, I would LOVE to see this put to the people, holy crap.

Ted may have had some less than stellar moments; but at the moment, it looks like Honest Ted is gonna wind up being a YUGE asset to the country

let's get term limits and kick Senile McCain and Gay Graham the hell out of Washington!

C16jiLfVQAAknn0.jpg

Current representatives and senators are not affected by the legislation.

I believe the best hope for such a constitutional amendment would probably be the State's calling for a constitutional convention, or the threat of a successful constitution convention scaring Congress enough to pass the bill.

That's awesome.
Of course, the better option would always be that our voters weren't complete fucking morons
"I hate this but I will vote for him/her anyways. God bless my party"
I've pointed out many times Congress gets single digit approval rates, but a 98 percent re-election rate.

"Those other bastards spend too much on PORK, but my guy brings home the BACON!"

with the support of President Trump, Lyin Ted's bill will pass easily!

Ted Cruz introduces term limits amendment

Not really Trumptard. Term term limits have been on Cruz's plate as well as many other senators and congressman's plate for years. Matter of fact, its highly likely Trump was advised by Republican congressmen and senators to go head and push for them. Not that it will pass or anything, its been tried before by both sides.

Forum List

Back