Luxury items are flying off the shelf!

Yes they are.
They are the only ones who can afford to buy things right now.
Thanks to Government interference in everything and anything, the high prices on food and gas is where the rest of us are spending money.

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

Better for the economy if it:
A. Sits in a bank.
B. Is invested in a business that employs 10 people.

Which is it?

You make 1 million in one year the feds get 350,000.00 of that.
It leaves you 640,000.00.
10 employees make around 42,00.00 a year. That come to 420,000.00 a year.
That leaves you 220,000.00 a year.
You still have to pay for their health care, and part of their social security and Medicare.
Then you have operating expenses, of which costly regulations make you pay for new machines or what ever else it might be, depending on the business.
That leaves you with practically nothing, or nothing at all.
This is why we have such a problem, this is why our business are either moving or going out of business.

I forgot to add State Taxes.
Then you have City and county taxes.
Would any of you open a business or hire more employees with all of this expense?

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

A. Sits in a bank.

Which is it?

You still have to pay for their health care, and part of their social security and Medicare.
Then you have operating expenses, of which costly regulations make you pay for new machines or what ever else it might be, depending on the business.
This is why we have such a problem, this is why our business are either moving or going out of business.

Would any of you open a business or hire more employees with all of this expense?

You can't talk like that to someone that has never even had a biz before... They will vomit the same questions out at you and in different threads. To these people it's about who is "winning" not who did/does the right things.

You can't talk like that to someone that has never even had a biz before... They will vomit the same questions out at you and in different threads. To these people it's about who is "winning" not who did/does the right things.

Yeah your right. Even the Dems on the committees aren't getting it when businesses are telling them all the same thing.
The Dems want power only and to hell with the people or our businesses.
It's been their goal all along for 100 years to bankrupt this county so that they can get rid of the Constitution and restructure our government.

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

A. Sits in a bank.

Which is it?

If you're paying the full 35% on your one million in income, you either:

a. have to stop using the short form

or

b. find yourself a competent accountant.

[...]

Loving the class envy on display here. Especially the post where they should fear for thier lives. Just love when wanna be tyrants let one slip.
There always has been conspicuous wealth in America. But in times when the entire population is employed and comfortable no one pays any attention to it. So why do you suppose it's being noticed now?

Envy?

It wasn't envy that gave rise to Madame Guillotine. Nor was it envy that led to the Romanov family being shot to death in a Petersburg cellar. It was something else. Something Tories like you never seem to understand until it is too late.

You and others like you are content to parrot an elastic little word which has been deposited in your brain like an ounce of sperm by the unholy propagandist trinity of Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity and you think the situation is as simple as ordinary "class envy." The fact is it's something which is beyond your one-dimensional range of perception.

Speaking for myself, I can well afford to simply envy the fellow who can vacation at Lake Como because I'm comfortable and content. My home and car are paid for, I have no debts, I have an adequate income and a big stack of Savings Bonds. But I doubt you are aware of the tent cities which are springing up all over America. Tent cities rise across the country - US news - Life - msnbc.com They are inhabited by decent, formerly middle class Americans, many of them veterans with wives and children, who have been made homeless and broken by the manipulations and maneuvers of the greedy bastards who are buying those $575 swimming trunks.

So if you think the problem is simple "envy" I sincerely hope you never need to find out the hard way how wrong you and your fellow acolytes are -- because it's something I have enough good sense to dread.

Forum List

Back