Luxury items are flying off the shelf!

They are buying presents for the Presidents birthday party.

Mercedes-Benz said it sold more cars last month in the United States than it had in any July in five years

They better buy them with bullet proof siding.

The economy is about to tank again and people are going to be real mad.

A couple of grand-nieces came to visit us last weekend. Naturally, they wanted to go to the city to go shopping. While they were over at Abercrombies, Mrs Clean and I ducked into Bergdorf Goodmans to get out of the heat and snoop around. There were plenty of $400 sport shirts and $800 pants, but the real kicker was the $525 pair of men's swim trunks.

No kidding. A $525 pair of mens' swim trunks! I like to think that rich people are, among other things, smart. But who in their right mind would buy a pair of $525 swim trunks?

This is a very bad sign that the economy is in serious trouble.

People put their money where they feel it will get the most personal return. Investing in a business is now seen as a waste of time and the best thing to do with their money is self indulgence. For the big believers in Aynne Rand, this is a sign we are entering Gault's Gulch, where the productive part of society has just decided to take their marbles and go home, leaving the dependent part of society to their own devices.

Seems like a relativly good sign that things are turning around.

I hope.

Loving the class envy on display here. Especially the post where they should fear for thier lives. Just love when wanna be tyrants let one slip.

The upside is that a lot of those luxury items are made here in America.

A couple of grand-nieces came to visit us last weekend. Naturally, they wanted to go to the city to go shopping. While they were over at Abercrombies, Mrs Clean and I ducked into Bergdorf Goodmans to get out of the heat and snoop around. There were plenty of $400 sport shirts and $800 pants, but the real kicker was the $525 pair of men's swim trunks.

No kidding. A $525 pair of mens' swim trunks! I like to think that rich people are, among other things, smart. But who in their right mind would buy a pair of $525 swim trunks?

I surf and I like to wear boardshorts during warm months when im in the water, and even those at a surf/skateboard shop cost anywhere from 50-70. Even THAT is too much for swim trunks.

Good for them !!!!!!!
They are helping to keep the economy going.
Because of Big Government the rest of us can't.

No they aren't.

Yes they are.
They are the only ones who can afford to buy things right now.
Thanks to Government interference in everything and anything, the high prices on food and gas is where the rest of us are spending money.

Good for them !!!!!!!
They are helping to keep the economy going.
Because of Big Government the rest of us can't.

No they aren't.

Yes they are.
Thanks to Government interference in everything and anything, the high prices on food and gas is where the rest of us are spending money.

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

Better for the economy if it:
A. Sits in a bank.
B. Is invested in a business that employs 10 people.

Which is it?

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

A. Sits in a bank.

Which is it?

Millionaires typically have their money invested throughout the market. I highly doubt there's many millionaires that just park their cash in a savings account.

Yes they are.

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

A. Sits in a bank.

Which is it?

Millionaires typically have their money invested throughout the market. I highly doubt there's many millionaires that just park their cash in a savings account.

:lol:

That this wasn't directed to an 8 year old is amazing

Mercedes-Benz said it sold more cars last month in the United States than it had in any July in five years

They better buy them with bullet proof siding.

The economy is about to tank again and people are going to be real mad.

good to see such investment in an American company.

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

Quick question.

1 million dollars.

A. Sits in a bank.

Which is it?

If you took the time to make a million or more, you're not going to park it into a bank, money market that draws .25 to .50 percent interest.

Forum List

Back