Luxury cruise ship sinks off Italy.

Watching the live news and that ship has about a 50 foot by 20 foot hole ripped in it's hull. That looks pretty well sunk to me.

That ship did not hit a sandbar, it hit the rocks. It has a hole ripped in it's hull that is bigger than the hole in the Titanic.

Semantics. Did the U.S.S. Arizona (Pearl Harbor, 12/7/1941) sink or was it just sitting on the bottom? The superstructure was above the water so it was not totally underwater!

u021538.jpg

Meanwhile it looks like there might have been trouble earlier.

The Italian captain of the cruise ship that ran aground -- killing three people and injuring 20 more -- was arrested late Saturday and is being investigated for abandoning ship and manslaughter, said a local prosecutor in Grosetto, Italy.
Abandoning ship is the more serious of the potential charges, authorities said.
The captain, Francesco Schettino, had been earlier interviewed by investigators in Porto Santo Stefano about what happened when the 4,200-passenger Costa Concordia struck rocks in shallow water off Italy's western coast, said officer Emilio Del Santo of the Coastal Authorities of Livorno.
Authorities were looking at why the ship didn't hail a mayday during the accident near the Italian island of Giglio on Friday night, officials said. The ship is owned by Genoa-based Costa Cruises.
"At the moment we can't exclude that the ship had some kind of technical problem, and for this reason moved towards the coast in order to save the passengers, the crew and the ship. But they didn't send a mayday.
Police arrest Italian captain of cruise ship that ran aground, killing 3 - CNN.com

After striking what ever they struck, the captain made a beeline to shallow water. Smart. Probably saved a lot of lives.

Coughlin's Law: bury the dead, they stink up the place.:dig:

Now that that's done it is time for fun. :D

Speaking of fun - It turned into a Carnival Fun-House Cruise. :lol:
See video below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbq_57wD9SE&feature=player_embedded"]Carnival Fun-House Cruise[/ame]

The Captain of this Fun-House Cruise fell into a life boat & coulden't get back on board. See video below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3IQTjOMewg&feature=player_embedded"]I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up[/ame]

It is in poor taste to tell your guest to go down with the ship when the captain has already bailed out in the life boat. See video below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3rW8DPa1RA&feature=player_embedded"]passengers told "go back to cabins"[/ame]​

:gay: Reports the Italian Costa Concordia captain states he fell into a lifeboat and could not get out as a reason he did not stay with his sinking ship....:scared1:

Sure buddy. :lmao:

That ranks right up there with "Doctor, I was cleaning the refrigerator naked and I tripped and fell on that cucumber." :oops:

He should have known enough to be wearing a life-boat alert. "I've fallen, and I can't get up!" :lol:

Love the New York Post headline: "Chicken of the Sea" :lol:

The Captain should have just Blamed Bush. :lol:

That ship did not hit a sandbar, it hit the rocks. It has a hole ripped in it's hull that is bigger than the hole in the Titanic.

If you look at the pics of the gash in her side you can see a boulder embedded in the hull.

Forum List

Back