Luxury Boxes

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Have any of you ever watched a sporting event from a sky box? One of those luxury boxes in stadiums and arenas? What was it like? Were you sufficiently pampered? Was the food better? The ice colder?

I once watched the Pittsburgh Pirates play a double header against the San Diego Padres at a luxury box in old, and now gone, Three Rivers Stadium. There were NO good seats for baseball in that sterile concrete dough nut. But the luxury boxes were actually pretty good. Far from the field, and the over hang at the front of the box meant you couldn't follow a high fly ball to right field, but all in all it wasn't bad.

When my wife and I were dating someone gave her tickets to see a pro hockey game in Anaheim, Ducks vs. Red Wings. They came and took our food orders and didn't charge us. Dick Butkus and his son were in the SkyBox right next to us.

Hockey is much more interesting in person (as all sports are) than on TV. It's nice not being squashed up against some drunk, smelly, lard ass either.

I haven't but I wouldn't mind doing it, I heard they have all kinds of food and drinks up there not to mention comfortable space.

I've been in the Executive Boxes at Chelsea's ground - Stamford Bridge- a few times. Was totally awesome. Champagne and canapes, lush food, amazing seats and brilliant view of the game. Having said that... I'd rather be down with the crowd enjoying the atmosphere and chanting with the real fans.

I've been in the Executive Boxes at Chelsea's ground - Stamford Bridge- a few times. Was totally awesome. Champagne and canapes, lush food, amazing seats and brilliant view of the game. Having said that... I'd rather be down with the crowd enjoying the atmosphere and chanting with the real fans.

When you're down in the bleachers with the rest of the fans, have you ever looked up at the luxury boxes and envied them?

I think it's nice to watch a game from the sky boxes, but I also think that going to the game means just what it says in the old song~ "Take be out to the ball game. Take me out with the crowd." Otherwise, it's more like watching the game at home, with all the comforts. But you can't pause the action when you go to the bathroom.

i have had the chance to be in an owners box at bowie race track....we preferred to be at the finish line...it was hot and dusty...where as the owner's box was a/c with food and booze

Forum List

Back