Luntz's :"my legs were shaking"!!! GOP leadership needs to listen!!!

Many are dumbfounded, except his supporters. Which are growing more each day. Just look st the past years poll on "Are you happy with the direction of the country?" And its always a majority of voters who say "No." I believe Trump is tapping into that majority.

As I recall a majority were happy with the direction of the country under Bill Clinton. That all changed under Bush jr and the impact of the republican deregulation kicking in and decimating the net worth of average Americans while enriching the 1%.

Yes, T-Rump is tapping into that anger but he is part of the problem, not the messiah with the solution.
Well, what happened with your messiah, Obama? He didn't make a difference, for the overwhelming majority of voters think the direction of this country is appalling. I don't see that Trump is part of the problem at all.

GOP obstruction of Obama was effective.

T-Rump fits the profile of the 1%.
Fitting the profile and actually believing with the 1% is different. Trump believes there should be a one time tax increase of 14.25% on the 1%.
Wait, you're now ok with a one time WEALTH tax on the 1%? Trump is changing you guys.

Many are dumbfounded, except his supporters. Which are growing more each day. Just look st the past years poll on "Are you happy with the direction of the country?" And its always a majority of voters who say "No." I believe Trump is tapping into that majority.

As I recall a majority were happy with the direction of the country under Bill Clinton. That all changed under Bush jr and the impact of the republican deregulation kicking in and decimating the net worth of average Americans while enriching the 1%.

Yes, T-Rump is tapping into that anger but he is part of the problem, not the messiah with the solution.
Well, what happened with your messiah, Obama? He didn't make a difference, for the overwhelming majority of voters think the direction of this country is appalling. I don't see that Trump is part of the problem at all.

Fitting the profile and actually believing with the 1% is different. Trump believes there should be a one time tax increase of 14.25% on the 1%.

T-Rump lacks the ability to make that happen.

Wait, you're now ok with a one time WEALTH tax on the 1%? Trump is changing you guys.
Yep.

Yep.
I might have to rethink this whole trump thing if it's making you guys more liberal.

If Trump has the coattails I expect him to have, I think he may get the support from Congress.

TBH I wish he would do it if elected, but hell never be elected..

Yep.
I might have to rethink this whole trump thing if it's making you guys more liberal.

Is T-Rump the Manchurian Messiah? ;)

If Trump has the coattails I expect him to have, I think he may get the support from Congress.

The math favors the Dems in 2016 so no, coattails are not going to make any significant difference. The Dems will retake the senate.

Woman democrat supports Trump..
I’ve written before about an acquaintance—late 60s, northern Georgia, lives on Social Security, voted Obama in ’08, not partisan, watches Fox News, hates Wall Street and “the GOP establishment.”
She continues to be so ardent for Mr. Trump that she not only watched his speech in Mobile, Ala., on live TV, she watched while excitedly texting with family members—middle-class, white, independent-minded—who were in the audience cheering. Is that “the Republican base”? I guess maybe it is, because she texted me Wednesday to say she’d just registered Republican. I asked if she’d ever been one before. Reply: “No, never!!!”

Hispanic supports...
My friend Cesar works the deli counter at my neighborhood grocery store. He is Dominican, an immigrant, early 50s, and listens most mornings to a local Hispanic radio station, La Mega, on 97.9 FM. Their morning show is the popular “El Vacilón de la Mañana,” and after the first GOP debate, Cesar told me, they opened the lines to call-ins, asking listeners (mostly Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican) for their impressions. More than half called in to say they were for Mr. Trump. Their praise, Cesar told me a few weeks ago, dumbfounded the hosts. I later spoke to one of them, who identified himself as D.J. New Era. He backed Cesar’s story. “We were very surprised,” at the Trump support, he said. Why? “It’s a Latin-based market!”

The people hate the elites, which is not new, and very American.
The elites have no faith in the people, which, actually, is new.
Everything is stasis.
Then Donald Trump comes, like a rock thrown through a showroom window, and the molecules start to move.
America Is So in Play

As I said. Those polled like what Trump is saying.

The GOP better smarten the hell up and pay attention.

I'm now convinced that the Clinton's have masterminded the downfall of the GOP.

Trump will never win a popular vote -- there are just not enough bigots and Klansmen left anymore.

lol. ^ or stadiums big enough to hold them all.........
or stadiums big enough to hold them

LOL A crowd of slack jawed goobers with southern hick cletus accents in inbred Alabama! Yea that's really reflective of America

“You guys understand how significant this is?” Luntz asked the press breathlessly when he came back into the room behind the glass. “This is real. I’m having trouble processing it. Like, my legs are shaking.”

“I want to put the Republican leadership behind this mirror and let them see.
They need to wake up.
They don’t realize how the grassroots have abandoned them,” Luntz continued.
“Donald Trump is punishment to a Republican elite that wasn’t listening to their grassroots.”

The group of 29 went around the room, each supplying a single adjective for the legislative body that let them down after the 2014 elections. Congress “does nothing.” It’s “too old.” “Useless.” “Lame.” “Inept.” “Wrong party.” “Cocktail party.” “Gridlock.” “Costly.” “Sold out.” “Sucks.” “Douchebags.”

Then, the group did the same for Trump. This time: “Tough.” “Businessman.” “Great.” “Successful.” “Not afraid.” “Leader.” “Has guts.” “Charismatic.” “A true American.” “Kicks ass and takes names.”

Pollster's Legs Wobble After Fawning Donald Trump Focus Group

I hope the Republican Party continues to hold those views about Trump

The rest of the country doesn't

The math favors the Dems in 2016 so no, coattails are not going to make any significant difference. The Dems will retake the senate.
We'll see. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican Establishment is losing votes. We'll have to wait and see.

No one has asked Trump the most important questions.. Because the press corps is bunch of brain-dead lemmings.

1) Mr. Trump -- Will you put ALL of your $10Bill enterprise into a TRUE blind trust and not ever be distracted by serious problems within your organization for the complete tenure of your presidency?

AND

2) Mr. Trump -- What assurance do we have that you wont use the power of your office and the treasury to make deals that amount to "currying favor" amongst special interest groups? You've bragged about how rich you are and IMPLIED that makes you immune from cronyism. But HANDING OUT favors is the equal part of the influence problem to receiving cash in return?

Whole bunch of other CRITICAL questions along these lines that the Press needs to have spoonfed to them..

I’ve written before about an acquaintance—late 60s, northern Georgia, lives on Social Security, voted Obama in ’08, not partisan, watches Fox News, hates Wall Street and “the GOP establishment.”
She continues to be so ardent for Mr. Trump that she not only watched his speech in Mobile, Ala., on live TV, she watched while excitedly texting with family members—middle-class, white, independent-minded—who were in the audience cheering. Is that “the Republican base”? I guess maybe it is, because she texted me Wednesday to say she’d just registered Republican. I asked if she’d ever been one before. Reply: “No, never!!!”

Hispanic supports...
My friend Cesar works the deli counter at my neighborhood grocery store. He is Dominican, an immigrant, early 50s, and listens most mornings to a local Hispanic radio station, La Mega, on 97.9 FM. Their morning show is the popular “El Vacilón de la Mañana,” and after the first GOP debate, Cesar told me, they opened the lines to call-ins, asking listeners (mostly Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican) for their impressions. More than half called in to say they were for Mr. Trump. Their praise, Cesar told me a few weeks ago, dumbfounded the hosts. I later spoke to one of them, who identified himself as D.J. New Era. He backed Cesar’s story. “We were very surprised,” at the Trump support, he said. Why? “It’s a Latin-based market!”

Everything is stasis.
Then Donald Trump comes, like a rock thrown through a showroom window, and the molecules start to move.
America Is So in Play

Trump will never win a popular vote -- there are just not enough bigots and Klansmen left anymore.

LOL A crowd of slack jawed goober with southern hick cletus accents in inbred Alabama! Yea that's really reflective of America
I hope the rest of the radical Democrats believe as you do. Not waking up to what is happening could be to their detriment. Who's to say, the moderate Democrats could not be impressed with Trump as well.

Except that it would be a one time fix and then we go back to BAU and everyone gets screwed again.

What makes more sense is a National Debt Surcharge Tax of 80% of all earnings from any source in excess of $1 million for as long as the national debt exists. The surcharge can only be used to reduce the national debt. Once the national debt is zero the surcharge remains dormant waiting until the next time someone says "deficits don't matter".

The NDST is a disincentive for the 1% to lobby for government spending on corporate welfare and warmongering since they will be the ones footing the bill.

Hispanic supports...

Everything is stasis.
America Is So in Play

LOL A crowd of slack jawed goobers with southern hick cletus accents in inbred Alabama! Yea that's really reflective of America

You have impugned the honor of my Southern brethren. I challenge you to duel to restore their honor sir...

(or m'aam or any other generally recognized sexual orientation) ... :Boom2:

Except that it would be a one time fix and then we go back to BAU and everyone gets screwed again.

What makes more sense is a National Debt Surcharge Tax of 80% of all earnings from any source in excess of $1 million for as long as the national debt exists. The surcharge can only be used to reduce the national debt. Once the national debt is zero the surcharge remains dormant waiting until the next time someone says "deficits don't matter".

The NDST is a disincentive for the 1% to lobby for government spending on corporate welfare and warmongering since they will be the ones footing the bill.
LOL. Eighty percent on all earnings, huh? As long as it does not affect you. lol.

LOL. Eighty percent on all earnings, huh? As long as it does not affect you. lol.

How do you know that it won't?

Do you have access to my tax returns?

No one has asked Trump the most important questions.. Because the press corps is bunch of brain-dead lemmings.

1) Mr. Trump -- Will you put ALL of your $10Bill enterprise into a TRUE blind trust and not ever be distracted by serious problems within your organization for the complete tenure of your presidency?

AND

2) Mr. Trump -- What assurance do we have that you wont use the power of your office and the treasury to make deals that amount to "currying favor" amongst special interest groups? You've bragged about how rich you are and IMPLIED that makes you immune from cronyism. But HANDING OUT favors is the equal part of the influence problem to receiving cash in return?

Whole bunch of other CRITICAL questions along these lines that the Press needs to have spoonfed to them..

Excellent point

Trump will have to come clean on his finances. Full disclosure of where his investments are, five years of tax returns, firewall between hiis decisions as President and his corporation

Forum List

Back