Luntz Focus Group:The Debate

Which part of substance that Romney provided did you like the most?

1. "On style points it was close,...as a CBS News snap poll found, 65 percent thought Romney would do a better job on the economy and only 34 percent believed Obama would – though the president scored a 37 to 30 overall win over Romney, with 33 percent believing it was a tie.

2. In turn, Romney’s most effective moment came when he laid out the administration’s unmet promises. “What you’re seeing in this country is 23 million people struggling to find a job. The president’s policies have been exercised over the last four years and they haven’t put Americans back to work.” Romney pointed out that growth had slowed year to year and the unemployment numbers looked better than reality as workers have fled the labor market – factors that voters might not understand when reading headlines.

3. Then there were two moments that (inadvertently) told us a lot Obama’s economic vision.

The first occurred when a college student named Jeremy asked for reassurances about his job prospects after graduating. Obama answered: “Number one, I want to build manufacturing jobs in this country again.” Jeremy was probably somewhat stunned to find out that his $100,000 in student loans could only land him a job working the line at a factory making government subsidized electric cars. Hey, in these unselfish, planned economies, Jeremy, you take what you’re given.

And when the candidates were asked by one of those committed undecideds to dispel any myths about themselves, Obama used it to lay out one of the least convincing arguments of the night. “I believe,” he explained, “that the free enterprise system is the greatest engine of prosperity the world’s ever known.

Yet, if a person had listened to the preceding hour (the preceding four years, actually), they would have learned that the free enterprise system wasn’t “great” enough for the health care insurance industry, retirement funds, auto and banking industries, housing markets, education, green energy, or basically any other area that his administration’s policies have touched on in four years. It would be interesting if someone – perhaps at the next Townhall debate –would ask Obama to define what the free enterprise means to him."
Harsanyi: Once again, Obama's record wins it for Romney

Wait a minute...long post but you didn't answer the question..you couldn't one thing Romney said of substance?

Hey, you know treasure hunts have to have an actual treasure to find.

I really think you're asking too much of PC. No one could find the impossible.

All this hyperactive poll smoking that is going on... Have the right conisdered that it MAY have the opposite of the intended effect?

If all the polls ARE so GOOD for Romney, and you're all crowing about it, and playing a vitory tune on your washboard and moonshine jug... that it might just get uncommitted democratic voters out to vote?

Just a thought.

and I know thoughts are hard to come by.

The surest sign that something is untrue, is that Billy boy O'Reilly thinks it's accurate.

Rinty and Cheesy sittin' in a tree..... k-i-s-s-i-n-g, ........first came love, then came marriage .............and then a baby in a baby carriage!

What are you? 12 years old, or a drunk redneck?

Really!!! Usually she is a know-it-all idiot. But this response makes her look like an 8 year old that is mad at her classmates for beating her at hopscotch.

The Five co-host Bob Beckel sat down with Bill O’Reilly tonight to react to the debate and the focus group results found by Republican pollster Frank Luntz following the debate last night. Beckel slammed what he believed to be skewed results by Luntz, telling O’Reilly it “doesn’t rise to the standard of your show.”

Luntz found that a large number of people in his focus group who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 are switching their vote to Mitt Romney this time around. Beckel sighed and shook his head, telling O’Reilly that he used to work in the polling business and said, “That is not the way you do a focus group, this is ridiculous.”

Beckel To O’Reilly: Frank Luntz’s Debate Focus Group ‘Doesn’t Rise To The Standard Of Your Show’ | Mediaite

The surest sign that something is untrue, is that Billy boy O'Reilly thinks it's accurate.

Rinty and Cheesy sittin' in a tree..... k-i-s-s-i-n-g, ........first came love, then came marriage .............and then a baby in a baby carriage!

You should really be embarrassed.

Cheesy, Rinty and Carby.......

....don't you get it???

I have to talk like an idiot:

How else would you three understand me???

Nice try. You can sure tell that you're a bat crap crazy right winger. You have to talk like an idiot because you ARE an idiot.

So.....you're claiming we have lots in common??

No, honey. If I lived till the end of time I would never be a bat crap crazy right winger. I would never even be a right winger. You really need some help with your reading comprehension skills. :)

Nice try. You can sure tell that you're a bat crap crazy right winger. You have to talk like an idiot because you ARE an idiot.

So.....you're claiming we have lots in common??

No, honey. If I lived till the end of time I would never be a bat crap crazy right winger. I would never even be a right winger. You really need some help with your reading comprehension skills. :)

But....but....you said I was an idiot.....

.....so naturally I thought you were claiming sisterhood!

You meant that I was a different kind of idiot than you?

Forum List

Back