lunch with the ACLU....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
a week or so ago and olde friend calls out of the blue....haven't seen him in 15 years......he is an art dealer.....anyway he wants to tak me to lunch talk business etc....so i bring along the head of my interior design department...her son is a navy seal on his second tour.....

after about 30 minutes of small talk....kids...marriage...houses...he says

i am on the borad of directors for the ACLU (oh shit)....most fun i have had in 10 years.....through the next two hours of banter my interior desinger is dead silent.....finally he asks her...what do think of the aclu....she says i hate them they supported the nazis and nambla and i was going to walk out but he is my boss plus i was hungry....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

needless to say we didn't buy any art....

manu1959 said:
a week or so ago and olde friend calls out of the blue....haven't seen him in 15 years......he is an art dealer.....anyway he wants to tak me to lunch talk business etc....so i bring along the head of my interior design department...her son is a navy seal on his second tour.....

i am on the borad of directors for the ACLU (oh shit)....most fun i have had in 10 years.....through the next two hours of banter my interior desinger is dead silent.....finally he asks her...what do think of the aclu....she says i hate them they supported the nazis and nambla and i was going to walk out but he is my boss plus i was hungry....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Man THAT'S great!!! Wish I could have been there!

manu1959 said:

Did he say why it was "the most fun" he'd "had in years"?

I would not have been able to eat if I had to listen to ACLU claptrap during a meal, but the designer handled it very well.

Abbey Normal said:
Did he say why it was "the most fun" he'd "had in years"?

I would not have been able to eat if I had to listen to ACLU claptrap during a meal, but the designer handled it very well.

most fun i had in years arguing with someone that all their talking points fell flat

Forum List

Back