Lunch with my daughter via Skype...

I know. I've sat and had dinner with my brother when he was in Afghanistan. Amazing.

I use skype constantly, to visit with family and friends around the world. It totally rocks!

I know. I've sat and had dinner with my brother when he was in Afghanistan. Amazing.

I use skype constantly, to visit with family and friends around the world. It totally rocks!

It certainly does...well...until Microsoft gets through acquiring it. Then here comes the limitations...here comes the only way to get skype is an application that comes with "Windows 8" etc.
Just wait and see...it won't be awesome for long. Precisley why both Google and Facebook are looking into a similar type of service.

We did the same with my son once a week when he was in Uganda. A bit delayed but it gave me so much peace of mind.

Kid #2's girlfriend just left for college in TX. She's been "hanging out with him at work" via Skype, just like she did all summer. Cracks me up.

It certainly does...well...until Microsoft gets through acquiring it. Then here comes the limitations...here comes the only way to get skype is an application that comes with "Windows 8" etc.
Just wait and see...it won't be awesome for long. Precisley why both Google and Facebook are looking into a similar type of service.

Skype will only become better since the original makers are involved now again as I understand it. Also it can not be much worse than under the last owners who were idiots and had no understanding of technology. They screwed over Ebay and screwed up Skype.

And Facebook is integrating Skype btw, and Google has had Google Talk for years. Only one that is missing out big time is Apple since their Facetime crap only works on Apple products.

Forum List

Back