Lugar's Last Stand

The congress and the president should work together, Athena. They're equal partners in this and to be quite honest, voters are getting sick of the gridlock.

The Teaparty is not good for this country. They are a glorified militia and they know little about anything else.
Ever talk to a tea party member personally... not online or at a rally?

I have. They are not just different versions of the Michigan Milita.

Gridlock is a good thing for the nation. It keeps fools from taking away more of our rights and spending money they should never have in the first place on things we don't need or want.

Remaining stagnant is never a good thing. Not for any business nor for this country.

No I never talked to anyone who would admit they were a Teapartier. My family are Conservative Republicans but they can't stand the extremist TPers.
I doubt they're that conservative then.

Voters are far from sick of the gridlock. That's why these republicans have been sent to Washington, not to work with democrats, but to stop them. Democrats might be sick of not getting all their cockamamie programs rubber stamped but who cares what they think. We'll have gridlock until we get a new administration.

Perhaps. But then again, we may get a new congress first, you all try and stay positive tho. :lol:

Gridlock is a good thing for the nation. It keeps fools from taking away more of our rights and spending money they should never have in the first place on things we don't need or want.

Remaining stagnant is never a good thing. Not for any business nor for this country.

No I never talked to anyone who would admit they were a Teapartier. My family are Conservative Republicans but they can't stand the extremist TPers.
I doubt they're that conservative then.

No, just intelligent Cons. What your party has done to this country from Neocons to TPers is simply tragic. Repubs following party leaders like the drunkard Boehner, the insane one, Cantor and the turtle head McConnell have sat on their hands hoping Democrats would give up the fight.

I think the country knows who to blame for the stubborn recovery. Obama has made some advances in spite of those idiots but as he says, he passed healthcare reform in his first term and in his second.. he'll pass it again. :lol:

And Obama was a supporter of his:

Longtime GOP Sen. Richard Lugar loses Indiana primary to challenger Richard Mourdock | Fox News

SNIP:

Lugar's campaign spent $6.7 million compared to Mourdock's $2 million. But Mourdock's political action committees spent $2.9 million attacking Lugar over the incumbent backers' $1.7 million.

One advertisement from Mourdock's campaign called Lugar "President Obama's favorite Republican." It showed clips of President Obama saying, "I've worked with Republican Senator Dick Lugar to pass a law" and "What I did was reach out to Senator Dick Lugar."

SNIP:

He should not have done this one, for sure:

Lugar didn't help his campaign when it came to light that he no longer owned a residence in Indiana. He instead stayed in an Indianapolis hotel when he returned to the state – using taxpayer funds. Mourdock's campaign said the revelation symbolized how Lugar had become too entrenched in Washington.

The congress and the president should work together, Athena. They're equal partners in this and to be quite honest, voters are getting sick of the gridlock.

The Teaparty is not good for this country. They are a glorified militia and they know little about anything else.

Oh, bullshit. You say that, but what about when it's time to renew tax cuts? Then you don't want two sides not giving an inch.

Oh, bullshit. You say that, but what about when it's time to renew tax cuts? Then you don't want two sides not giving an inch.
I only want them to move if it is in the proper direction. Otherwise, fuck em. Let em stay gridlocked. The idiots doing the wrong thing will be voted out and then the correct thing will be done.

Voters are far from sick of the gridlock. That's why these republicans have been sent to Washington, not to work with democrats, but to stop them. Democrats might be sick of not getting all their cockamamie programs rubber stamped but who cares what they think. We'll have gridlock until we get a new administration.
And if it's Bishop Romney, and Democrats engage in gridlock, filibustering all his initiatives, and not approving any of his appointments?

Will you be cheering them on for their gridlock ways?

I only want them to move if it is in the proper direction. Otherwise, fuck em. Let em stay gridlocked. The idiots doing the wrong thing will be voted out and then the correct thing will be done.
Ahh, so you are a hypocrite. Noted and confirmed.

Luger is the poster child for stagnation and repeal of the 17th Amendment..

Hell, the old geezer hasn't even maintained a residence in Indiana for years....The quintessential detached inside-the-beltway elite cake eater...And he went down in flames.

Small reminder. You're not innocent either.

- "Everyone's a hypocrite. After that it is just a question of subject and scale." Boncher's Maxim

Gridlock is fine when it stops stupid people from doing bad things to this nation. Then the right people get voted in and the stupid people lose. See? Works just fine and hypocrisy free.

Hell, the old geezer hasn't even maintained a residence in Indiana for years....The quintessential detached inside-the-beltway elite cake eater...And he went down in flames.
Santorum did the same thing, PLUS took Pennsylvania taxpayer money to send his kids to Washington schools. Wingnuts didn't seem to hold that against him in the primaries, did they? They were telegraphing that even a crook was better than Bishop Romney.

Luger not only used a false Indiana address, he used the address of a house he sold back in the 1970s! And if he wasn't challenged by this teabagger, y'all would have not cared one fucking bit.

Gridlock is fine when it stops stupid people from doing bad things to this nation. Then the right people get voted in and the stupid people lose. See? Works just fine and hypocrisy free.

Why don't you just say right off the bat that you are a hyper-partisan, then? Because that's all you are describing.

- "Everyone's a hypocrite. After that it is just a question of subject and scale." Boncher's Maxim
Well, that's pretty fucking stupid. Using that logic, everyone is a homosexual. In fact, everyone is everything. Which renders the saying meaningless.

Someone made the comment earlier that he worked with the president so he must have had a vested interest in moving forward at some point. I really don't care about Luger that much but you would think he's been with Cons more than he has been with Dems.

I'm more interested in Democrats taking seats from TPers, not moderate Conservatives taking them.

Bob Kerrey for instance.

Someone made the comment earlier that he worked with the president so he must have had a vested interest in moving forward at some point. I really don't care about Luger that much but you would think he's been with Cons more than he has been with Dems.

I'm more interested in Democrats taking seats from TPers, not moderate Conservatives taking them.

Bob Kerrey for instance.
Only a few years ago Luger was one of the most Conservative members of the Senate.

He didn't become less Conservative. The lunatic fringe hijacked the Party.

And if it's Bishop Romney, and Democrats engage in gridlock, filibustering all his initiatives, and not approving any of his appointments?

Will you be cheering them on for their gridlock ways?

President Romney may well have a republican house and senate thereby reducing the gridlock considerably.

If NEITHER republicans nor democrats can govern this country effectively because each side is bound to stop the other, then it will go to prove that I was right all along. The nation needs to divide, break up. Recognize that we are no longer one nation. The differences are so great that neither side can be an effective leader of all.

Bob Kerrey for instance.
Only a few years ago Luger was one of the most Conservative members of the Senate.

He didn't become less Conservative. The lunatic fringe hijacked the Party.

A great use of words that are meaningless.

If the rest of the senate was liberal, then Lugar might be what you claimed. But he was never considered conservative by anyone I know or read.

And calling upon democrats to help win a republican primary hardly seems conservative to me.

But it is all relative...I guess.

As for the "fringe". Call the people who booted him lunatic. Call them morons.....but you can't call them fringe. Before the race even started, Lugar was opposed by most of the GOP machinery in the Indiana.

Does not mean they were not lunatics. Maybe Indiana has lost it's mind. But they appear to be more than a fringe. And it would appear that more than the fringe were involved in giving him a huge sendoff (60/40 last I looked).

Why don't you just say right off the bat that you are a hyper-partisan, then? Because that's all you are describing.
Well, that's pretty fucking stupid. Using that logic, everyone is a homosexual. In fact, everyone is everything. Which renders the saying meaningless.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCy8MpT45gk"]Jeff Dunham - Peanut - "NYEWM" - YouTube[/ame]

Not surprised you wouldn't get it and then once made the fool try to make a relativist rescue of your failed position.

And speaking of hyperpartisan... you're just proving the maxim. Say it for me... I'm a hypocrite too.

I think the country knows who to blame for the stubborn recovery. Obama has made some advances in spite of those idiots but as he says, he passed healthcare reform in his first term and in his second.. he'll pass it again. :lol:

And while Bozo Obama is busy trying to get his healthcare boondoggle back, we'll still be trillions in debt and our military's budget will have been slashed $600 billion because the Dumbocrats didn't want to budge on welfare cuts.

Lugar is toast. It’s time for Tea Partiers to focus on replacing Orrin Hatch.

I want to add one more fact to the list in Michelle Malkin’s piece. Hatch has a long history of voting to confirm Lefties in every position. He was instrumental in getting Ruth Ginsburg confirmed 96 to 3 for Bill Clinton. He voted against Sotomayor and Kagan in an attempt to shore up his reputation with his 2012 reelection bid in mind. He knew they did not need his vote. No other reason makes any sense considering his past support for so many liberals. He certainly does not have the intellectual depth required to substantiate voting against Sotomayor and Kagan.

It's Time for Beltway Barnacle Orrin Hatch To Go
Michelle Malkin
June 1, 2012

It's time for Beltway barnacle Orrin Hatch to go - HUMAN EVENTS

Last edited:

Forum List

Back