Lucy: Why should I get off welfare?

Not to be a stickler here, but there is fundamentally ZERO difference between the federal government reimbursing churches for feeding the poor and reimbursing insurance companies for insuring the poor.

If that was what Obama's fascist care did, you would have a point. We already used taxpayer monies to insure and provide health care for the poor. Fascist care does nothing in that regard - Medicare for those of low income has been around since 1966.

What fascist care does is expand this mandate to ALL people, with the provision that all must purchase the highest level products from well connected looters, subsidized by the general populace.

It's the greatest theft in history - the federal government robbing the entire population on behalf of the CEO's of Blue Cross, Kaiser, AIG, et al.

Myself, I think IF the USG is going to be in the business of charity, and it seems quite clear that we are, we should cut out all the middle men and just make a cash payment to welfare recipients and let them spend it on whatever they want, with the understanding that that is all they are going to get. It would be even better if we got some sort of labor out of them in return.

Again, fascist care isn't about charity, it's about fleecing the nation on behalf of the well connected.

I didn't say I support the ACA, in point of fact, i do not. I merely suggest that Jefferson and company certainly left us many ambigous guidelines, welfare being one of them. That would should have never appeared in the COTUS whether the period meaning of the word is the same as the current meaning or not

Forum List

Back