Lucid Dreaming........

Lucid dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I was a child, long before I knew there was anything scientific about this, I learned I could control my own nightmares. Or at least I could wake myself from them. I would realize I was in a nightmare and force my eyelids open. The scenes continued for a bit, and then stopped. I have been able to willfully dream about certain things, and to control the content and outcome of dreams.

What are your experiences with this? Studies have also shown that when we dream our minds have incorporated the techniques of cinematography. Those of us who grew up with black and white TV, dream in black and white. Our dreams in color are symbolic. We zoom in and out, fade and do all the things a TV or movie camera does.

Stories?

I can do it - I have done it my whole life...

The worst part is when you do wake yourself up and you're paralyzed for a good 10-20 seconds and you cant move...
Of course then some have lucid dreams that are wonderful and they wake up and they want to go back to dreaming... Those are usually those good 10-11 hour sleeps you wake up from and feel great and energetic - then you think about the dream and how great it was... Of course you forget it most of the time...

I have good dreams (or bizarre dreams) I can remember as far back as 20 years ago. Not reoccurring dreams, but dreams I've had only once that I can remember...

That paralysis happens because you have woke up during REM sleep. Sometimes I can go back into a dream but most times not. My best dreaming was always when I worked evenings, and I could sleep up into the morning. Not a morning person, and look forward to a time when I can sleep as though I am on afternoons again.

I know what it is..

Some believe sleep paralysis is the psyche behind "alien abductions."

I can do it - I have done it my whole life...

The worst part is when you do wake yourself up and you're paralyzed for a good 10-20 seconds and you cant move...
Of course then some have lucid dreams that are wonderful and they wake up and they want to go back to dreaming... Those are usually those good 10-11 hour sleeps you wake up from and feel great and energetic - then you think about the dream and how great it was... Of course you forget it most of the time...

I have good dreams (or bizarre dreams) I can remember as far back as 20 years ago. Not reoccurring dreams, but dreams I've had only once that I can remember...

That paralysis happens because you have woke up during REM sleep. Sometimes I can go back into a dream but most times not. My best dreaming was always when I worked evenings, and I could sleep up into the morning. Not a morning person, and look forward to a time when I can sleep as though I am on afternoons again.

I know what it is..

Actually there is a type of temporal lobe epilepsy that makes it even worse. The person feels like they have been hit with something, and then they can't move for a much longer time than just the rem sleep paralysis. Whitley Streiber describes it perfectly in one of his early books. But he believes it to be aliens.

Last edited:
small_ArtieJohnson.jpg

Have you tried to document your dreams? I keep a journal next to where I sleep and write my dreams as soon as I wake. It's kinda interesting to go back and read later. Documenting your dreams helps you later when you want to direct other dreams.

I've tried with no success. When I go back to see what I wrote it looks like chicken scratching, like I was still asleep or something.

Do you jump on purpose? Or is the leap part of the dream and then you segue into the transition?

I just do it...

I'm scared as shit (because sometimes I always find myself on top of a fucking building with no way down), but I know it's a dream.

Usually I just don't fall, I try to climb down then fall...

I take the leap tho sometimes..

The jump or climbing down is always the end to a nightmare - I have to get away or they will kill me so I jump or try to climb down.

I know I'm dreaming the entire time...

I've not had a cold or flu since I've been diagnosed with this lung disease. So, I've been a little more wary of germs these days. The other night I dreamt that one of our volunteers sneezed in my face. I turned around and wiped off my face, and whispered to myself in the dream, 'It's OK, it's not real.'

I know what it is..

Actually there is a type of temporal lobe epilepsy that makes it even worse. The person feels like they have been hit with something, and then they can't move for a much longer time than just the rem sleep paralysis. Whitley Streiber describes it perfectly in one of his early books. But he believes it to be aliens.

That is when you're falling asleep - I get that too...

Yeah, you're falling asleep and you are all of a sudden hit by a lightning bolt and its like "bang" and your body jerks everywhere (not a seizure) but a "jerk."

It happens to me at least once a week.

Yeah, I overstimulate myself (not on drugs) but on philosophy, internet, hockey etc...

It's kinda a misfire in the brain...

I know what it is..

Yeah, you're falling asleep and you are all of a sudden hit by a lightning bolt and its like "bang" and your body jerks everywhere (not a seizure) but a "jerk."

Yeah, I overstimulate myself (not on drugs) but on philosophy, internet, hockey etc...

That's what epilepsy is. TLE is pretty interesting.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

That's what epilepsy is. TLE is pretty interesting.

I can tolerate a light show just fine....... I have been behind many of them and felt fine.

I'm not "consciously" epileptic......

A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming. The term was coined by the Dutch psychiatrist and writer Frederik (Willem) van Eeden (1860–1932).[1] In a lucid dream, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over their participation within the dream or be able to manipulate their imaginary experiences in the dream environment.[2] Lucid dreams can be realistic and vivid.[3] It is shown that there are higher amounts of beta-1 frequency band (13–19 Hz) experienced by lucid dreamers, hence there is an increased amount of activity in the parietal lobes making lucid dreaming a conscious process.[4]

Lucid dreaming has been researched scientifically, and its existence is well established.[5][6]

Lucid dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I was a child, long before I knew there was anything scientific about this, I learned I could control my own nightmares. Or at least I could wake myself from them. I would realize I was in a nightmare and force my eyelids open. The scenes continued for a bit, and then stopped. I have been able to willfully dream about certain things, and to control the content and outcome of dreams.

What are your experiences with this? Studies have also shown that when we dream our minds have incorporated the techniques of cinematography. Those of us who grew up with black and white TV, dream in black and white. Our dreams in color are symbolic. We zoom in and out, fade and do all the things a TV or movie camera does.

Stories?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJE1iiO0qI]are you a dreamer? - YouTube[/ame]

Gene Gendlin uses sixteen different questions to help people mine the treasure from their dreams.

Each question you "take down" into your being and let the meaning unfold. I could post Gene's questions if you think it would help.

I can't share the Buddhist teaching on Dream Yoga. You have to get authorization from a Buddhist Lama.
Interesting. More Freedumb.
I was taught medication techniques at this tree.
The shaman is a buddy of mine since I studied medicinal plants from him.
BTW. True story.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZReIyb2BB8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL75498231128AC320]the blue butterfly legend (Costa Rican Rain Forest), la mariposa azul - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back