LSU fraternity pledge 'targeted' before he died: police report

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Ten people were arrested Wednesday on misdemeanor hazing charges in the death of a Louisiana State University fraternity pledge whose blood-alcohol content was more than six times the legal limit for driving, officials said.

One of the 10 suspects -- Matthew Alexander Naquin, 19, of Boerne, Texas -- also faces a felony negligent homicide charge in the death of 18-year-old Maxwell Gruver, a freshman from Roswell, Georgia, who was trying to join Phi Delta Theta.

Witnesses said Naquin singled out Gruver during a hazing ritual involving 18 to 20 pledges the night before he died, forcing him to drink more than other pledges, according to a police report on the Sept. 14th death that was released Wednesday.

Witnesses told police that other pledges were made to drink that night, but Naquin "targeted" Gruver because he was frequently late for events. Naquin apparently didn't like Gruver, and "forced" him to drink because he was having trouble reciting the Greek alphabet during "Bible Study," a ritual testing their fraternity knowledge, they said.

One pledge said Gruver was "made to" take at least 10-12 "pulls" of 190-proof Diesel, while other pledges had to drink less of the hard liquor, according to the report.

0.495 %

Doood. What is wrong with these people? What the hell is wrong with this fraternity?

Ten people were arrested Wednesday on misdemeanor hazing charges in the death of a Louisiana State University fraternity pledge whose blood-alcohol content was more than six times the legal limit for driving, officials said.

One of the 10 suspects -- Matthew Alexander Naquin, 19, of Boerne, Texas -- also faces a felony negligent homicide charge in the death of 18-year-old Maxwell Gruver, a freshman from Roswell, Georgia, who was trying to join Phi Delta Theta.

Witnesses said Naquin singled out Gruver during a hazing ritual involving 18 to 20 pledges the night before he died, forcing him to drink more than other pledges, according to a police report on the Sept. 14th death that was released Wednesday.

Witnesses told police that other pledges were made to drink that night, but Naquin "targeted" Gruver because he was frequently late for events. Naquin apparently didn't like Gruver, and "forced" him to drink because he was having trouble reciting the Greek alphabet during "Bible Study," a ritual testing their fraternity knowledge, they said.

One pledge said Gruver was "made to" take at least 10-12 "pulls" of 190-proof Diesel, while other pledges had to drink less of the hard liquor, according to the report.

0.495 %

Doood. What is wrong with these people? What the hell is wrong with this fraternity?
My nephew is rushing one of the best three party frats at Michigan state university. My brother and I took him and his pledge brothers up to his hunting cabin to bond. They were all cool guys. One guy told me every pledge is assigned someone who’s responsibility is to make sure they black out.

Frats definitely cross the line. I wish drinking till you puke was frowned capon but it’s encouraged.

0.495 %

My nephew is rushing one of the best three party frats at Michigan state university. My brother and I took him and his pledge brothers up to his hunting cabin to bond. They were all cool guys. One guy told me every pledge is assigned someone who’s responsibility is to make sure they black out.

Frats definitely cross the line. I wish drinking till you puke was frowned capon but it’s encouraged.

Watcha looking for, Sealy?

0.495 %

I'm hoping they invite me to one of their parties next year so I can score with a 19 year old woman.

0.495 %

I'm hoping they invite me to one of their parties next year so I can score with a 19 year old woman.

So, you dug up a post from 2017?

If there is something that you really feel like you need to know about my posting history, just ask.

0.495 %

If there is something that you really feel like you need to know about my posting history, just ask.

He prefers to guess about people then respond to his own guesses as if he had 'proven' something. He's kinda stupid.

0.495 %

He prefers to guess about people then respond to his own guesses as if he had 'proven' something. He's kinda stupid.
Oh, yeah.

0.495 %

I did a search for fraternities and found this one. Rather than start a new thread. I wasn’t picking on you or stalking you. Just wanted to talk about the subject of frats.

Unkotare is weirdo

0.495 %

I did a search for fraternities and found this one. Rather than start a new thread. I wasn’t picking on you or stalking you. Just wanted to talk about the subject of frats.

Unkotare is weirdo [sic]

...says the middle-aged 'confirmed bachelor' with an unhealthy interest in partying with college boys.

Bobobrainless is creepy as hell.

0.495 %

Unkotare is weirdo [sic]

...says the middle-aged 'confirmed bachelor' with an unhealthy interest in partying with college boys.

Men who are over 18? How about you Dennis hastert?

0.495 %

Unkotare is weirdo [sic]

You're trying too hard, closet-case.

0.495 %

I was or am agreeing with you. Just telling you my own personal experience. This pledge this weekend told me each of them are assigned a fraternity brother who’s job is to make sure they black out.

As cool as I am, that’s not cool. Even if no one dies it sounds like they are going to turn some of these kids into alcoholics.

0.495 %

Unkotare is weirdo [sic]

You're trying too hard, closet-case.
You are so fucking weird. Beat it Dennis.

0.495 %

Unkotare is weirdo

Thank you, Sealy. My son has made a lot of friends with a frat this semester. He has a pretty good head on his shoulders and I trust him. It's everyone else within a 150 mile radius that I am highly skeptical of.

Unkotare is not a weirdo.

You need to join a normal fraternity and avoid the wild ones
In my college days at UofA: one was terminated for hardcore drugs and another for extreme hazing and the Jewish one for cocaine

The Jewish one was a bunch of utterly obnoxious POS
When I meet the brothers . They immediately asked me what my dad did and how much $$$ he made
. I told the creeps that I don’t ask him but how much money do you make ? That was it .
Turns out that they all were wild coke heads with 50-75,000 dollars cars

0.495 %

Unkotare is weirdo

Thank you, Sealy. My son has made a lot of friends with a frat this semester. He has a pretty good head on his shoulders and I trust him. It's everyone else within a 150 mile radius that I am highly skeptical of.

Unkotare is not a weirdo.
He doesn’t communicate like the rest of us. He must like you. If he doesn’t he trolls you and derail threads.

Do a search for threads with his name in the title see what pops up.

Forum List

Back