LSU- Bama was a crap game

The Game of the Century - question is What Century??? Leather helmets and no facemasks??

Inept offenses and special teams - apologizers call it "great defense".

The kicker is - Bama stayed ahead of Stanford in the BCS standings.

So if the Cardinal win out - they could be out of luck.

AHEM!

Except for one short punt - LSU's special teams play was near PERFECT.

Sorry if you don't like DEFENSE and FIELD POSITION. I was there and it was the most incredible game I've ever seen in my life and far exceeded the hype.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the overtime. If OT didn't exist, the game would have probably ended in regulation as both the Hat and Saban would have been more aggressive when faced with the possibility of a tie result. College OT is just stupid. I'm glad it ended in 1 OT, basically the sack and the Michael Ford run did Bama in.

Last edited:
Try making a FG overated team and conf

Terrible gamre...........................

Bama will berewaredby droppingto 3rd in the BCS- aheahd of Stanford u

So what bottle of whiskey is this for you today? the 3rd? 4th?

a terrible boring game - LSU _ALALABABA

should have taken 4 bottlesof vodka andgin to getthrought

the pits

There wasn't a single boring moment in the whole game. I was there and both LSU and Bama fans were on the edge of their seats the entire game. (until the missed FG in OT at least :)

If you like high scores in every game watch basketball or instead.

Brad Wing may be the most important player on the LSU team.

Against West Virginia he pinned them inside the 10 4 or 5 times and inside the 5 a couple of times. It is crippling to an offense to have to start so far back.

He pinned around 5 against bama twice if I remember right - and each time Bama got out of it with a big pass. Trouble is, they had to use up their good plays just getting past the 20 yard line.

I predict Wing will change punting in the game of football. Apparently the Australian rules style of kicking is far more suited to accuracy punting - its extremely rare that he kicks a TB. The effects of extremely poor starting position on an offense can be detrimental - as LSU has shown.

The real Game of the Century was Norte Dame vs Mich St in 1966

And after that - Nebraska va Oklahma in 1971

The Game of the Century - question is What Century??? Leather helmets and no facemasks??

The computer rankings on Stanford are odd to me. They are only ranked 8th. Boise is ranked 4th. Good thing for Stanford is that they have Oregon and Notre Dame left on their schedule. It should be enough to get them to number 2 if Oklahoma State loses, which I think they will. Question is whether Stanford can get by Oregon. I'm not convinced.

The computer rankings on Stanford are odd to me. They are only ranked 8th. Boise is ranked 4th. Good thing for Stanford is that they have Oregon and Notre Dame left on their schedule. It should be enough to get them to number 2 if Oklahoma State loses, which I think they will. Question is whether Stanford can get by Oregon. I'm not convinced.

Stanford's 2 biggest wins are against a #20 USC and a #25 Wa. St.

Are you really surprised the computers rank them lowly? The quality of opponents that you beat is very important. You're going to get a lot more credit for beating Alabama than for beating San Jose St.

The QBs in that game were terriblr

You may have noticed 11 men on each defense - most of which are NFL bound - to be quite not terrible.

Why is it the national audience outside of the south is only interested in watching quarterbacks? Is you ability to understand the game that limited? This was the most incredible defensive performance by two teams I've ever seen - does defense count for nothing?

If you aren't excited by watching a defense continually deny an offense the endzone maybe you just don't understand football?

I didnt care who won to tell the truth.

Wasn't very all that impressed bu LSU or Bama .

Very impressive is what that LSU-Bama game was!

It wasn't impressive but it was two great defenses and two mediocre offenses and bad special teams by Bama. Nothing too fantastic as far as teams are concerned but I thought the game was very good. And there aren't many teams this year who can beat them. Oklahoma with Broyles could have and Stanford might be able to. As far as all time teams these two are on the bottom of the top 10 list, but very good right now.

Very impressive is what that LSU-Bama game was!

It wasn't impressive but it was two great defenses and two mediocre offenses and bad special teams by Bama. Nothing too fantastic as far as teams are concerned but I thought the game was very good. And there aren't many teams this year who can beat them. Oklahoma with Broyles could have and Stanford might be able to. As far as all time teams these two are on the bottom of the top 10 list, but very good right now.
I don't think either team has a poor offense, they just both have a great defense. Special teams play made the difference.

With LSU number 1 and Bama 3/4, a rematch for the championship is a real possibility. Bama has 3 games left and they should win them all. LSU has to beat Ole Miss, Arkansas, and win the SEC championship.

Forum List

Back