Lowes pulls TV ad on Muslim show

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2009
Washington State
Lowe's pulls advertising from TLC's 'All-American Muslim' - CNN.com

Lowes pulled an ad they had placed on All-American Muslim essentially claiming that the show was to controversial. Now they are getting a lot of flack claiming that they are upholding an anti Muslim bigoted attitude. As I understand it, the show is based around AMERICAN Muslims and the struggles they are facing in a post 9/11 America. While I have no issues with how Lowes decides to advertise, this does seem like a bone headed move particularly considering that I would have never even known about the show in the first place until Lowes created this controversy. Many people are now calling Lowes Bigoted for this move.

Your thoughts?

Lowes pulled an ad they had placed on All-American Muslim essentially claiming that the show was to controversial. Now they are getting a lot of flack claiming that they are upholding an anti Muslim bigoted attitude. As I understand it, the show is based around AMERICAN Muslims and the struggles they are facing in a post 9/11 America. While I have no issues with how Lowes decides to advertise, this does seem like a bone headed move particularly considering that I would have never even known about the show in the first place until Lowes created this controversy. Many people are now calling Lowes Bigoted for this move.

Your thoughts?

If they pulled it because they didn't like the subject matter of the show, that's kind of wrong. I mean, this is the network that gave us the Jon and Kate and the shows about the midgets, which is a lot more obnoxious than a show about Muslims.

If they pulled the ads because no one was watching the show, then it's a sensible business decision.

These same people didn't seem to have a problem when there was a campaign going on to pull ads from the Glen Beck show.

Go to Lowes and shop folks. It's still a free country and I don't care what their reason are for pulling their ads. It's no ones business.

These same people didn't seem to have a problem when there was a campaign going on to pull ads from the Glen Beck show.

Go to Lowes and shop folks. It's still a free country and I don't care what their reason are for pulling their ads. It's no ones business.

wow... I don't remember a "campaign" of any sort... I think Beck dug his own grave with his false version of Christianity and his outlandish nature.

Your thoughts?

I cant believe they're apologizing - I cant believe this is even a story...

So fucking what - they pulled an ad...

Last time I checked this was a free country and in what universe are businesses required to buy time slots on special interest TV???

Fuck anyone that is booing this decision....

Besides I'd pull an ad from that Muslim propaganda if I was an advertiser..

If those motherfuckers are so fucking liberal and American then why the fuck are they wearing a Hijab???

That show is an oxymoron...

Your thoughts?

If they pulled it because they didn't like the subject matter of the show, that's kind of wrong. I mean, this is the network that gave us the Jon and Kate and the shows about the midgets, which is a lot more obnoxious than a show about Muslims.

If they pulled the ads because no one was watching the show, then it's a sensible business decision.

As far as I can tell, ratings had nothing to do with it. It was centered solely on the fact that the subject matter was Muslims and they were getting a lot of feedback with strong opinions on the subject matter. Go figure.

As I said, it was a dumb move on their part as no one would have ever found out about the ads other than those that watch the show. They obviously do not care about the controversy. Now many people are pissed. Not sure if I care at all myself but I did want to see some opinions/discussions of the people here. Many are calling it a racist move but I don't think that a company of that scope makes decisions on this scale with a racist intent. They have far too much money on the line. It seems they did not think it through though.

wow... I don't remember a "campaign" of any sort... I think Beck dug his own grave with his false version of Christianity and his outlandish nature.

well then, you must of slept through it.

'Glenn Beck' Sponsors Attacked by Left, Pull Ads from Fox ...
ColorOfChange.org

google dear

Your thoughts?

That Lowes would bow to the demands of the nutjobs at Florida Family Association is one of the biggest travesties of this whole story.

Lowes blew it...Shop at OSH

There is no possible way EVER that Sharia is compatible with classical liberalism...

Last edited:
There's an "All American Muslim" show? I didn't know that.

I'm German - how about an "All American Kraut" series for us?

There is no possible way EVER that Sharia is compatible with classical liberalism...

And....

TLC attempts to make Sharia fools look like everyday "liberal" Americans that embrace ideas like our Bill of Rights and Constitution in general..

IMO, I would call that mocking our Bill of Rights and Constitution...

The whole point of the show is that "we're just like you but we're different." Its pretty pathetic..

I completely agree with both points. However, I personally would not have pulled the ad's unless the ratings were lower than I wanted them to be for a time slot my commercial would air.

Your thoughts?

They are free to do this. And they shouldn't complain or ask for federal aid when they experience a backlash.

There was a concentrated effort on the part of the left, led by Media Matters, to get advertisers to pull their ads from Beck's show.

Which I personally have no problem with. Beck is a horrible human being.

Your thoughts?

They are free to do this. And they shouldn't complain or ask for federal aid when they experience a backlash.

??

Elaborate, please.

Your thoughts?

huh..:cuckoo:
You've turned into a regular little fascist

Last edited:

I completely agree with both points. However, I personally would not have pulled the ad's unless the ratings were lower than I wanted them to be for a time slot my commercial would air.

Why??

I would have pulled the ads just because the show was horse shit and a mockery of our freedom, hence no one wanted to watch it..

Quite frankly I would have never advertised with the program to begin with...

The whole concept was an oxymoron from the start..

Forum List

Back