Lower Drinking Age? Hell Yes

im all for lowering the drinking age to 18. and legalize pot while we are at it. A giant aspect to why these things are abused is BECAUSE they are banned. If any of you started drinking MORE after turning 21 and discovering it's no big deal to go buy a 6 pack then you need to re-evaluate your social reality.

im all for lowering the drinking age to 18. and legalize pot while we are at it. A giant aspect to why these things are abused is BECAUSE they are banned. If any of you started drinking MORE after turning 21 and discovering it's no big deal to go buy a 6 pack then you need to re-evaluate your social reality.

its a big deal to get one in PA. you can only get a 6 pack at a bar, but then you pay bar prices. no beer in gas stations or supermarkets. you have to go to a beer distributer, and get a 24 pack or a keg. it sucks.

sorry, off topic

its a big deal to get one in PA. you can only get a 6 pack at a bar, but then you pay bar prices. no beer in gas stations or supermarkets. you have to go to a beer distributer, and get a 24 pack or a keg. it sucks.

sorry, off topic
Wow, that's nuts. Here you can buy it everywhere. There must be a pretty strong lobby in PA.

Wow, that's nuts. Here you can buy it everywhere. There must be a pretty strong lobby in PA.

the law was enacted after prohibition was repealed to have control over alcohol distribution, and apparently the commonwealth makes a lot of money off of it. companies like sheets and wawa are trying to change the law, however.

sorry, off topic

thats fucking crazy. I met a guy from Utah who visited Missouri and was amazed, and I mean fucking shocked, by two things: all the insects out in the woods and that he could buy alcohol damn near ANYWHERE.

the law was enacted after prohibition was repealed to have control over alcohol distribution, and apparently the commonwealth makes a lot of money off of it. companies like sheets and wawa are trying to change the law, however.
I wonder, are drunk drivers less of a problem in PA then elsewhere? I kind of doubt it, since to get a decent price you have to buy a keg or a 24 pack.

I wonder, are drunk drivers less of a problem in PA then elsewhere? I kind of doubt it, since to get a decent price you have to buy a keg or a 24 pack.

looks like PA has the 5th highest DUI rates in the nation. i dont know if thats number per capita or total. hard to find DUI facts.

Pennsylvania State Organization of Mothers Against Drunk Driving Announces New Public Awareness Campaign; Pennsylvania has 5th Highest DUI Rate in Nation; MADD-PA to Combat Statewide Complacency Toward Issue | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET

this has PA 4th in total fatalities from DUI, behind CA, TX, FL

Drunk driving statistics 2005

That is one STUPID remark!!!! Do you actually tell your children this??

Yes, Granny. I tell them that, while I tell them all about skinning animals alive and how best to cook meth.

Untwist your bloomers, for pete's sakes.

Yes, Granny. I tell them that, while I tell them all about skinning animals alive and how best to cook meth.

After the remark about "driving drunk" .... none of the above would surprise me! Or anything else that you have to say. :eusa_shifty:

Amazing how the "true color's" of a person finds a way of sneaking out when responding in a PUBLIC forum! :cuckoo:

sorry, off topic

Heheheh, where I live most grocery stores have wide selection of hard liquor ;)

Oh, and some cities in this state have drive-through daiquiri places :shock:

Just don't get caught with a joint. Marajuana's as bad as cocaine, don't you know.

looks like PA has the 5th highest DUI rates in the nation. i dont know if thats number per capita or total. hard to find DUI facts.

Pennsylvania State Organization of Mothers Against Drunk Driving Announces New Public Awareness Campaign; Pennsylvania has 5th Highest DUI Rate in Nation; MADD-PA to Combat Statewide Complacency Toward Issue | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET

this has PA 4th in total fatalities from DUI, behind CA, TX, FL

Drunk driving statistics 2005
Huh, since FL is a state where you can buy it anywhere, I guess it's not a useful comparison.

pssst...I've got a bunch of kids that want to sign up for our weekly meth cooking class. I'll email you the list.

After the remark about "driving drunk" .... none of the above would surprise me! Or anything else that you have to say. :eusa_shifty:

Amazing how the "true color's" of a person finds a way of sneaking out when responding in a PUBLIC forum! :cuckoo:

Time to loosen that shower cap.

"True colors" are about as abundant as dodo birds on the internet.

Since we have apparently decided to draw a line somewhere lets go with 13. Anyone who is in their teens is an adult and can do anything.

want people to vote at thirteen too?

get married?

get drafted?

and my personal fav...work at a titty bar...

18 is not an arbitrary number.

21 on the other hand...

I say, yes and no, with conditions.

1. Yes! I agree with the point made that if you are old enough to serve in the military - you are old enough to drink. (When our son graduated boot camp at MCRD San Diego - they had a party where they served beer, can't remember the name of the place "on base" where it was held. Our son was 18 - he & his new-found buddies, could finally relax and drinking that was okay with me).

2. No! Kids under the age of 21 that have no clue where they are headed, and use the city streets or freeways, on a weekend night as a drag strip or race track, should NOT be allowed to drink. Peroid!

*My two cents worth, as a Mom, Grandma, and as the sister-in-law of someone that was killed in an auto accident of a car driven by drunk "under age (19)" driver.

I'm all for lowering the drinking age and raising the age at which one can get a driver's license.

Forum List

Back