Lower Drinking Age? Hell Yes

That is not how I read your statement which stated in effect you wondered what the DUI rate comparisons would be.

IMO, comparing the acceptance of alcohol consumption by culture is a different comparison.

youre acting like DUI rates show absolutely nothing about how a culture treats alcohol consumption. to me, lower DUI rates show more control and not seeing alcohol as a ways to simply PARTY!! it shows that alcohol is more common and not that big a deal, which would help show the different cultures

Eighteen
Nineteen

d'oh!

I see you are once again not engaging that pulpy mass of dead tissue between you ears. Or did you just miss the part where I said they say it to imply they are children?

So tell me Ravi when the press reports a TEENAGER did something in the news do you see a 19 year old adult or a 15 year old kid?

I work at a beer store. 21 being the age etc. I have a young man come to the brew thru window. I had heard the other clerks talk about him. Military etc. They had all checked his id and he would give them his military id. They didnt have a clue. I checked it and discovered, what, he is only 20. Here is part of the conversation that followed:

Sir, you are clearly not 21.

Ma'am, I would like a 6 pack of bud.

Sir, again you are not 21, I am sorry the other clerks did not know how to flip the id over and find the birthdate.

Ma'am I deploy to Iraq tomorrow, all I want to do is go home and drink a 6 pack of beer.

What was a very honest clerk with a totally clean record, no busts for ciggies or beer underage selling? (most may not know they have a whole state unit that does nothing but try to bust you) to do?

Currently the rite of passage for 18 year olds is titty bars. If we lower the drinking age to 18, then we should lower the age for strip clubs to 16. But if we lower it to 16, then we should lower the driving age to 15 so that kids won't have to ride the public bus to get a lap dance.

Since we have apparently decided to draw a line somewhere lets go with 13. Anyone who is in their teens is an adult and can do anything.

I say lower the drinking age to 18 or even 17 and raise the driving age to 21. That way you get 3-4 years to learn to hold your liquor before you get behind the wheel. :D

Last edited:
Currently the rite of passage for 18 year olds is titty bars. If we lower the drinking age to 18, then we should lower the age for strip clubs to 16. But if we lower it to 16, then we should lower the driving age to 15 so that kids won't have to ride the public bus to get a lap dance.

Asute observations leading to logical suggestions.

Who could possibly appreciate a lap dance more than most 15 year old boys?

And who wants to share a bus, and possibly bump into a 15 year old who just just got a lap dance at titty bear, either?

Perhaps the most sensible solution is to give lap dancers cab fare and a couple 40's and have them delivered to the young boys at home.

Everyone's a winner, they obys, their parents who don't want them killed in a car accident, and who want to meet their girlfriends, too, the lap dancers, the cab drivers, people who ride public transit, and anyone who drives a car, too.

Since I'm practically a liberal, I propose that we create a department in the Federal government to oversee this program, and hell, we might as well make the rich pay for it, while we're at it, too.

Oh, and just to show you I'm not entirely sexist, let's buy all young girls ponies, too, shall we?

And if we can possible management it, what with DNA manipulation and all, why not shoot for giving all young girls unicorns just as soon as we can?

Might as well throw a couple billion to biotech industries, too, while we're solving problems.

Last edited:
Asute observations leading to logical suggestions.

Who could possibly appreciate a lap dance more than most 15 year old boys?

And who wants to share a bus, and possibly bump into a 15 year old who just just got a lap dance at titty bear, either?

Perhaps the most sensible solution is to give lap dancers cab fare and a couple 40's and have them delivered to the young boys at home.

Everyone's a winner, they obys, their parents who don't want them killed in a car accident, and who want to meet their girlfriends, too, the lap dancers, the cab drivers, people who ride public transit, and anyone who drives a car, too.

Since I'm practically a liberal, I propose that we create a department in the Federal government to oversee this program, and hell, we might as well make the rich pay for it, while we're at it, too.

Oh, and just to show you I'm not entirely sexist, let's buy all young girls ponies, too, shall we?

And if we can possible management it, what with DNA manipulation and all, why not shoot for giving all young girls unicorns just as soon as we can?

Might as well throw a couple billion to biotech industries, too, while we're solving problems.

unicorns ! :rofl:
damn you're being WAY too generous now !

i agree that if they lower the drinking age to 18 and start treating college students as if they are adults, they just might rise to the occassion!

Lower the drinking age and the stats on underage drinking will magically show a huge reduction!

Myself, I've always driven better when I'm drunk....

Or a horse...

though actually, driving a horse drunk is much more dangerous than one would suspect.

I'd tell you how I know that, but then I'd have to kill you.

It's called the E-Club (the "E" being "enlisted person's"), and the Marine Corps does not adhere to state law on base. 18-21 can drink beer in the club, or at other functions on base where alcohol may be served.

I disagree with your comment on age. That's BS. That behavior is not restricted to person's 18-21 years of age. It's restricted to persons who display that behavior. I know people of all ages who have no clue.

Thanks for the name of the E-Club. It has been several years.

I have to alter the "Yes" portion of my original post, because you are right. I think the suggestion of this thread struck a nerve having lost a family member because of a 19 year old drunk - it became fresh in my mind. It could have been a 65 year old senior citizen that killed her .... and YES ... at a point in time 'whenever' a 'S.C.' becomes incapable of drving and stopped for something stupid (drinking or not) ... his/her license should be revoked ... immediately, forever! Stupid does not have an age restriction on it!! I agree, with you.

A drunk driver - at any age (no fatality involved) - should have his/her license taken away for a minimum of 1 year .... for the first offense, (unless they are a Senior as I mentioned above). If that person is under 21 then his license is taken away until he/she has turned 21 .... minimim of 1 year ... not matter how old they are.

There has always been some myth that reaching the age of 21, was 'magical' - right or wrong.

I still do not believe that (21 and drinking) it is a bad law, anyplace. As someone mentioned above, if there is no restriction what-so-ever .... why even have a law? 16 and 17 year old's are waiting in the wings just to pounce on this - it WILL be next! It takes little comman sense by someone to place a boundry.

Sorry this is slightly 'off topic' but to me - it goes hand-in-hand.

Or dementia.

You are right Charles. And the list include's this one, and her cross-dressing boyfriend, here on the board, to mention a small group of USMB :cuckoo: members!

"dementia" can not be helped. But being STUPID and having BRAIN FARTS can! :eusa_shhh: Try it sometime! :doubt: The cure is really cheap!

Dementia is a word for a group of symptoms caused by disorders that affect the brain. It is not a specific disease. People with dementia may not be able to think well enough to do normal activities, such as getting dressed or eating. They may lose their ability to solve problems or control their emotions. Their personalities may change. They may become agitated or see things that are not there.

Memory loss is a common symptom of dementia. However, memory loss by itself does not mean you have dementia. People with dementia have serious problems with two or more brain functions, such as memory and language.

Many different diseases can cause dementia, including Alzheimer's disease and stroke. Drugs are available to treat some of these diseases. While these drugs cannot cure dementia or repair brain damage, they may improve symptoms or slow down the disease.

MedlinePlus: Dementia

It must be painful when they can not pin-point the area of the brain that has been effected ..... causing STUPIDITY! It has mystified the medical community for years!! :doubt:

brain.jpg

Forum List

Back