Low Sex Drive In Women

My girlfriend's sex drive has been pretty low since she's been in nursing school the past 10 months. She's been so busy with that and work that there were multiple days in a row where I never even saw her. She's got less than 2 weeks before she graduates and a pretty clear schedule the rest of the summer until Fall semester starts and she continues on to chase her nurse practitioner degree.

So after she grads on the 16th, we'll see how things go :D

Why anyone with a low sex drive would worry about making it higher is beyond me. Society is so focused on sex these days people feel that inadequate just because they don't like it that they have to take meds to increase what is naturally occurring in their bodies ... and straight people wonder why I prefer the company of gay people.

Sex is important in a relationship between a man and woman. If a woman has a low sex drive, it will certainly affect the relationship she has with her husband or boyfriend. It then becomes a downward spiral. Because she doesn't have a good sex drive, there is less sex, and this brings the sex drive down even further.

Marriage in itself isn't a sex killer, it's people's busy lifestyles. Before marriage you didn't have kids in addition to work or a household and now a lot people are too tired to have sex.

It's not a busy lifestyle that affects it, it's how one deals with being busy.
I can be too busy to cook, but not too busy to eat.

Good point. It's all about priorities.

Sex is important in a relationship between a man and woman. If a woman has a low sex drive, it will certainly affect the relationship she has with her husband or boyfriend. It then becomes a downward spiral. Because she doesn't have a good sex drive, there is less sex, and this brings the sex drive down even further.

Marriage in itself isn't a sex killer, it's people's busy lifestyles. Before marriage you didn't have kids in addition to work or a household and now a lot people are too tired to have sex.

And arranging priorities. Life is funny sometimes. The last 2 years of my marriage I thought my wife had an unusually low sex drive. We got separated and had more sex in 1 month than we had had in the previous year. We were both busier after the separation than we were before it.

Sex tends to become boring over time when you live together, especially when you have kids, because you become forced to stick to certain times and locations.

Without spontaneity, you're almost guaranteed to lose the drive. If you can only do it after 9:00 when the kids go to bed, and only in the bedroom because the kids might catch you if you're somewhere else, then eventually you're going to lose the desire.

I think this is a big reason why people cheat, especially in marriages that involve children.

And arranging priorities. Life is funny sometimes. The last 2 years of my marriage I thought my wife had an unusually low sex drive. We got separated and had more sex in 1 month than we had had in the previous year. We were both busier after the separation than we were before it.

The separation also might have created some uncertainty which wasn't there before too. Relates to what Paulie said below

Sex tends to become boring over time when you live together, especially when you have kids, because you become forced to stick to certain times and locations.

Without spontaneity, you're almost guaranteed to lose the drive. If you can only do it after 9:00 when the kids go to bed, and only in the bedroom because the kids might catch you if you're somewhere else, then eventually you're going to lose the desire.

I think this is a big reason why people cheat, especially in marriages that involve children.

The spontaneity at one time created excitement and now you have to listen for footsteps and make sure the door is locked. The time and location is "forced" which probably takes some of the thrill away, but at least when two people make an effort that's half the battle.

Kitten, some day you'll find it and it will hit you like a brick.At least I hope it will:lol:

I just don't think women LIKE sex. I think they can tolerate it well enough, but most women, given their choice, would never have sex. There's a reason why prostitutes are female. People rarely charge anything for something they like to do anyway.

No need to Reproduce then No Need for Sex.

Us Men can Reproduce till the day we die
and another 9 months.

Gals go without for years for no known reason.

Us Men probably go down on our women
TWICE as much as the ladies go down on their man.
And we men enjoy it.

Baltimore Bob

Not even going there.

I'm perfectly happy without sex in my life, too. I probably would have been from the beginning. Sex is great in a marriage, but it clouds the water out of it. I do better when I just move it off the plate.

I think I am one of those women right now! I have little desire to have sex but I think it is because I am looking for more than just sex.

Forum List

Back