Low Sex Drive In Women

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
When I signed into msn messenger live to webcam chat with my son and his fiance just now, this popped up in a news window... I've run into one or two in my life that didn't really have a great sex drive. I found the reading here informative...

Low Sex Drive in Women

This comprehensive overview covers diagnosis, treatment of this common problem.

* Female orgasm: Why can't I climax during sexual intercourse?

Definition

A woman's sexual desires naturally fluctuate over the years. Highs and lows commonly coincide with the beginning or end of a relationship or with major life changes, such as pregnancy, menopause or illness. However, if you are bothered by a low sex drive or decreased sex drive, there are lifestyle changes and sex techniques that may put you in the mood more often. Some medications offer promise as well.

Even researchers disagree about the best measure of low sex drive in women. After all, perfectly normal women vary greatly in their desire for sex and their views about the optimal amount of sex. Besides, the number of times you have sex each week isn't necessarily a good measure of your libido; women skip sex for many reasons that have nothing to do with desire, including fatigue, stress, poor body image or lack of emotional intimacy.

So, what exactly is low sex drive in women? In medical terms, you have hypoactive sexual desire disorder if you have a persistent or recurrent lack of interest in sex that causes you personal distress. But you don't have to meet this medical definition to seek help. If you aren't as interested in sex as you'd like to be, talk to your doctor.

Symptoms

Obviously, the major symptom of low sex drive in women is a low or absent desire for sex. According to some studies, more than 40 percent of women complain of low sexual desire at some point. The percentage is smaller—5 percent to 15 percent—if you only count women with ongoing problems.

Still, researchers acknowledge that it's difficult to measure what's normal and what's not. If you want to have sex less often than your partner does, neither one of you is necessarily outside the norm for people at your stage in life—although your differences may cause distress. Similarly, even if your sex drive is weaker than it once was, your relationship may be stronger than ever. Bottom line: There is no magic number to define low sex drive. It varies from woman to woman.

Causes

A woman's desire for sex is based on a complex interaction of many components affecting intimacy, including physical well-being, emotional well-being, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle and current relationship. If you're experiencing problems in any of these areas, it can affect your sexual desire. In other words, there are dozens of reasons you may not be interested in sex:

Read all the article here...

Marriage is the number one cause of diminishing sex drive in both men and women.

And those dumb ass homosexuals think that is the most important thing in the world for them right now, pretty funny. I have never had a desire to get married, I've seen what it does to people and don't really care for that to happen to me. That and I haven't met anyone that I wanted to spend that much time with.:cool:

MSN Messenger, huh? :eusa_whistle:

Nah, J/K, of course. ;)

Yup... :eusa_whistle:

You'll find after awhile Agna... I don't lie...

3604521082_3de6467094_o.jpg

Why anyone with a low sex drive would worry about making it higher is beyond me. Society is so focused on sex these days people feel that inadequate just because they don't like it that they have to take meds to increase what is naturally occurring in their bodies ... and straight people wonder why I prefer the company of gay people.

You went over my head with that one brother... :eusa_eh:

Well, if rightists hated gay sex, they'd support gay marriage, because nothing kills a sex life like marriage.

Duh... that was pretty obvious... :doubt:

But, the best sex I ever had was either with a long time girl friend or a wife. The flings or one night stands were nothing more than a sack emptying ritual.

Why anyone with a low sex drive would worry about making it higher is beyond me. Society is so focused on sex these days people feel that inadequate just because they don't like it that they have to take meds to increase what is naturally occurring in their bodies ... and straight people wonder why I prefer the company of gay people.

Umm... because it feels good and it's part of loving? ... :eusa_eh:

Really? So love = sex?

Also, the loss of sex drive often makes it not feel good anymore, so that's out the window.

Really? So love = sex?

Also, the loss of sex drive often makes it not feel good anymore, so that's out the window.

Yeah... I'd say love = sex and sex = love. You kind of get one with the other when it's a relationship between a man and woman... or should be between a man and woman. But that's another discussion.

Wasn't there EVER a time when it "felt good?" I can understand you not liking it if it "hurts."

Last edited:

Really? So love = sex?

Yeah... I'd say love = sex and sex = love. You kind of get one with the other when it's a relationship between a man and woman... or should be between a man and woman. But that's another discussion.

Wasn't there EVER a time when it "felt good?" I can understand you not liking if it "hurts."

Meh ... a very long time ago, yeah, but even then I was too busy to care about it, and I love a lot of people without sex. Hell, there's no way I would have sex with my father, but I love him more than anyone else on the planet.

Really? So love = sex?

Wasn't there EVER a time when it "felt good?" I can understand you not liking if it "hurts."

Meh ... a very long time ago, yeah, but even then I was too busy to care about it, and I love a lot of people without sex. Hell, there's no way I would have sex with my father, but I love him more than anyone else on the planet.

Well I HOPE you knew I never meant you had to have sex with your father to love him... sheesh girl.

It isn't as pressing now for me either since I'll be 54 in a month, but that sure doesn't mean I don't still like it.

Sex is important in a relationship between a man and woman. If a woman has a low sex drive, it will certainly affect the relationship she has with her husband or boyfriend. It then becomes a downward spiral. Because she doesn't have a good sex drive, there is less sex, and this brings the sex drive down even further.

Marriage in itself isn't a sex killer, it's people's busy lifestyles. Before marriage you didn't have kids in addition to work or a household and now a lot people are too tired to have sex.

Sex is important in a relationship between a man and woman. If a woman has a low sex drive, it will certainly affect the relationship she has with her husband or boyfriend. It then becomes a downward spiral. Because she doesn't have a good sex drive, there is less sex, and this brings the sex drive down even further.

Marriage in itself isn't a sex killer, it's people's busy lifestyles. Before marriage you didn't have kids in addition to work or a household and now a lot people are too tired to have sex.

It's not a busy lifestyle that affects it, it's how one deals with being busy.
I can be too busy to cook, but not too busy to eat.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back