Low-Life Cops

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
Once again, cops use the excuse "I feared for my life" to shoot an unarmed man holding a cell phone.

Police Shoot Man For Recording Them With Phone, Claim They Feared For Their Lives - Counter Current News

Sheriff’s deputies in California claimed they feared for their lives after shooting a man who was filming them from his own garage.

The Sacramento sheriff’s deputies shot Danny Sanchez on Friday. Sanchez is currently in the hospital at the UC Davis Medical Center, where he underwent surgery to remove bullet fragments, according to his father, John Sanchez.

The shooting occurred when the Sheriff’s department SWAT team showed up to arrest a neighbor, Ben Ledford, 62, after he fired off an illegal machine gun across the street.

When Sanchez saw the incident, and the SWAT team converge, he began recording from his garage. He assumed there wouldn’t be any problem, since he was so far away from the incident, on his own property and even out on the edge of the garage.

Police say that Sanchez was extending his arm with “an object” in his hand. That “object” was a cellphone, Sanchez’s father John “Sonny” Sanchez said. His son was simply trying to videotape the arrest of Ledford. That’s when police opened fire on him.

“He was yelling, ‘Dad I’m shot, I’m shot,’ so I grabbed him inside and closed the garage door. I put a tourniquet around his leg and a clean towel,” John Sanchez explained.

He pointed out four additional bullet holes in his garage as well as several more in his car.

“You can see how many shots they did: one, two three, four — shooting at my son with a cell phone. C’mon that’s ridiculous,” Sanchez commented.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And cops wonder why they've become targets of angry citizens. We need to get these POS off the streets and into prison. If you or I had shot someone under the same conditions, where would we be?

Clue to those who wish to record the police. Do not hold your arm out as if firing a weapon. With the assignation of police we have recently seen they just might shoot first then find out you were only holding a cell phone.

Darwin's Law in action. When you see men with guns, that's a really good time to not get stupid. The good news is if he lives he'll be smarter next time.

Clue to those who wish to record the police. Do not hold your arm out as if firing a weapon. With the assignation of police we have recently seen they just might shoot first then find out you were only holding a cell phone.

Yeah because when people record videos don't they always hold the phone like a gun? :rofl: If you're going to make excuses, at least be serious. :rofl:

Yeah because when people record videos don't they always hold the phone like a gun? :rofl: If you're going to make excuses, at least be serious. :rofl:

So you insane reasoning is that the cops just tried to executed the kid for no damn reason? Really, is that your excuse, be serious.

So you insane reasoning is that the cops just tried to executed the kid for no damn reason? Really, is that your excuse, be serious.
While there is no way to be sure one way or another please do not discount the existence of screwball cops who are either consciously or pre-consciously eager for an opportunity to shoot someone. If this were something that never happened in the past your offhand rejection of the possibility would be valid. But there are many examples which leave no doubt of an officer's eager willingness to use excessive or deadly force when absolutely unnecessary.

Shooting someone when the opportunity arises is a sadistic act which calls for little more impetus than does a lesser act of ordinary brutality (punching, kicking, choking, blackjacking), which I am sure you will agree is a practice that comes quite naturally to many (not all) police officers. Ordinary brutality is easily justified with claims of resistance or self-defense. Shooting someone is not so easy to justify, but given the opportunity there is no shortage of cops who will seize upon it.

I regard this behavior as sadism rising to the level of psychopathology. Whether this pathology was present in the individual before becoming a cop and was wakened by the nature of that occupation, or if it was entirely induced by experiences common to the job, remains an open question in my mind.

Last edited:
While there is no way to be sure one way or another please do not discount the existence of screwball cops who are either consciously or pre-consciously eager for an opportunity to shoot someone. If this were something that never happened in the past your offhand rejection of the possibility would be valid. But there are many examples which leave no doubt of an officer's eager willingness to use excessive or deadly force when absolutely unnecessary.

Shooting someone when the opportunity arises is a sadistic act which calls for little more impetus than does a lesser act of ordinary brutality (punching, kicking, choking, blackjacking), which I am sure you will agree is a practice that comes quite naturally to many (not all) police officers. Ordinary brutality is easily justified with claims of resistance or self-defense. Shooting someone is not so easy to justify, but given the opportunity there is no shortage of cops who will seize upon it.

I regard this behavior as sadism rising to the level of psychopathology. Whether this pathology was present in the individual before becoming a cop and was wakened by the nature of that occupation, or if it was entirely induced by experiences common to the job, remains an open question in my mind.

Those who act as you describe are in the vast minority. They are little different then the thugs they wish to arrest. But to throw out the whole for the few seems to me to be unfair.

Those who act as you describe are in the vast minority. They are little different then the thugs they wish to arrest. But to throw out the whole for the few seems to me to be unfair.
I'm not aware of anyone making that severe a recommendation.

While you are quite right about the minority factor, don't allow it to detract you from the rotten apple syndrome. It only takes one.

Darwin's Law in action. When you see men with guns, that's a really good time to not get stupid. The good news is if he lives he'll be smarter next time.
Unless you feel that should be the end of the story, do you feel the shooting was necessary and justified? If not, what do you believe should be done about it?

As a reference, while I can't speak for other parts of the U.S. I recall the time in New York City when a police officer was not permitted to use deadly force unless he actually saw a weapon in a subject's hand. Since that rule was rescinded all over the U.S. there have been many hundreds, possibly thousands, of mistaken "reaching for his waistband" shootings, the most notorious of which was the infamous Amadou Diallo example in Brooklyn in which that fellow was hit by nineteen of forty-one shots fired at him at a seven foot distance -- while reaching for his wallet to identify himself.

If you think about it I'm sure you will recall quite a few more.

No NOOOO....What I'm saying is that it is well known that when people take selfies they point it at themselves like they are going to shoot themselves in the head.

The same goes for all photos. The proper way is to hold it....Like a gun and pull the take pic trigger!

homer.jpg

Unless you feel that should be the end of the story, do you feel the shooting was necessary and justified? If not, what do you believe should be done about it?

As a reference, while I can't speak for other parts of the U.S. I recall the time in New York City when a police officer was not permitted to use deadly force unless he actually saw a weapon in a subject's hand. Since that rule was rescinded all over the U.S. there have been many hundreds, possibly thousands, of mistaken "reaching for his waistband" shootings, the most notorious of which was the infamous Amadou Diallo example in Brooklyn in which that fellow was hit by nineteen of forty-one shots fired at him at a seven foot distance -- while reaching for his wallet to identify himself.

I don't even remember the story at this point. Cops don't pump 40 rounds in you for reaching for a wallet unless you did something off the wall. If guns are drawn the correct response is to raise your hands.

There are two categories of police officer who should not be in the job.

One consists of individuals who are incapable of making the necessary assessment of a situation before resorting to deadly force.

The other category are the latent psychopathic sadists who seize upon any opportunity to brutalize or cold-bloodedly murder someone. The police occupation affords this category frequent opportunities to exercise their perverse impulses.

Does it seem reasonable to you that the cop(s) who shot this fellow inhabit one of those two categories?

I don't even remember the story at this point. Cops don't pump 40 rounds in you for reaching for a wallet unless you did something off the wall. If guns are drawn the correct response is to raise your hands.
Google up the story of the Amadou Diallo shooting and learn how wrong you are.

Forum List

Back